Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting editing single line in html file in perl script Post 302682299 by balajesuri on Monday 6th of August 2012 04:47:35 AM
Old 08-06-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by guruprasadpr
Hi
Code:
$ perl -pne 's/Hello/Hello Giridhar/ if($.==8)' file

Guru
@guruprasadpr: Option n is not required if p is used. In crude terms, Option p = Option n + print.

@giridhar276:Here's a bash script:
Code:
#! /bin/bash

for htmlFile in *.html
do
    sed -i "8s/Hello/$1/" $htmlFile
done

To run, give the name as argument to script
Code:
$ ./test.sh Giridhar

Last edited by balajesuri; 08-06-2012 at 05:53 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to balajesuri For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can't Editing File in Single mode (using vi)

Dear All, Yesterday I'm change /etc/vfstab file ( disable 1 Device mounting) and now I can't login to multiuser mode just single user mode, and now I want enable again, but I can't using vi editor in single user mode How to edit this file? thereis default can't using vi editor in single mode?... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: heru_90
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single line file editing command?

Hello everyone. I have been reading a lot about the various different text editors at my disposal through Unix, but I just can't seem to close the deal for what I am trying to do. Is there a way to issue a single line command to edit a file where pattern=x, and do it non-destructively AND in-place?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gator76
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to add a single line to middle of text file.

I've got a configuration file that is filled with xml text statements for example: <...../> <...../> <...../> <data id="java-options" value="-server -Djava.security.policy..../> <...../> <...../> <...../> I want to write a korn shell script that will go to this specific line and add a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: progkcp
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk, perl Script for processing a single line text file

I need a script to process a huge single line text file: The sample of the text is: "forward_inline_item": "Inline", "options_region_Australia": "Australia", "server_event_err_msg": "There was an error attempting to save", "Token": "Yes", "family": "Family","pwd_login_tab": "Enter Your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hmsadiq
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use Perl to merge multi-line into single line

Hi, Can anyone know how to use perl to merge the following multi-line information which beginning with "BAM" into one line. For each line need to delete the return and add a space. Please see the red color line. ******Org. Multi-line) BAM admin 101.203.57.22 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyday
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use Perl to join multi-line into single line

Hello, Did anyone know how to write a perl script to merge the multi-line into a single line where each line with start at timestamp Input--> timestamp=2009-11-10-04.55.20.829347; a; b; c; timestamp=2009-11-10-04.55.20.829347; aa; bb; cc; (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyday
5 Replies

7. Programming

PERL:Combining multiple lines to single line

Hi All I need a small help for the below format in making a small script in Perl or Shell. I have a file in which a single line entries are broken into three line entries. Eg: I have a pen and notebook. All i want is to capture in a single line in a separate file. eg: I have a pen and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalaiela
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script - Replace just part of a single line in a file.....

Hey guy's.... I new here, But im working on a school project, and I am not really good at programming. In fact, this is the only programming class that I need because programming is not what I am majoring in. But I have everything done in this shell script except for this last part..... ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hxdrummerxc
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing path in a HTML file using Perl

Hello I want to replace the path to which a hyperlink points to. I have a html file <TABLE BORDER CELLPADDING=7, border=0><TR><td>Jun-10-2013_03_19_07_AM</td><td>Ank_Insert_1</td><td><b>FAILED: 1</b></td><td><A ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankurk
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tabbed multiple csv files into one single excel file with using shell script not perl

Hi Experts, I am querying backup status results for multiple databases and getting each and every database result in one csv file. so i need to combine all csv files in one excel file with separate tabs. I am not familiar with perl script so i am using shell script. Could anyone please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramakrk2
4 Replies
TIDY_GET_HEAD(3)							 1							  TIDY_GET_HEAD(3)

tidy::head - Returns atidyNodeobject starting from the <head> tag of the tidy parse tree

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
tidyNode tidy::head (void ) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style tidyNode tidy_get_head (tidy $object) Returns a tidyNode object starting from the <head> tag of the tidy parse tree. PARAMETERS
o $object - The Tidy object. RETURN VALUES
Returns the tidyNode object. EXAMPLES
Example #1 tidy_get_head(3) example <?php $html = ' <html> <head> <title>test</title> </head> <body> <p>paragraph</p> </body> </html>'; $tidy = tidy_parse_string($html); $head = $tidy->head(); echo $head->value; ?> The above example will output: <head> <title>test</title> </head> NOTES
Note This function is only available with Zend Engine 2 (PHP >= 5.0.0). SEE ALSO
tidy.body(3), tidy.html(3). PHP Documentation Group TIDY_GET_HEAD(3)