Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] cp command with dollar variable in ksh Post 302682133 by donadarsh on Sunday 5th of August 2012 03:48:50 PM
Old 08-05-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
That doesn't actually matter. If you can name any extant UNIX system which doesn't do the right thing when given two /'s, I'll be quite surprised.
If i remember I faced it sometimes back. Not sure if it was exact same but related to it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] Scope of KSH Variable in Perl?

cat test.ksh #!/usr/bin/ksh VAR="Dear Friends \n How are you? \n Have a nice day \n" export VAR echo "Inside test.ksh"; ./test.pl cat test.pl #!/usr/bin/perl print "Inside test.pl \n"; print "$VAR"; Output: ./test.ksh Inside test.ksh Inside test.plWhat I want to achieve is, I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dahlia84
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Command Substitution and Variable Expansion within a Case

Hello All, I don't write scripts very often, and in this case I am stumped, although it may be a bug in the version of bash I have to use (it's not my system). I want to extract a specific string snippet from a block of text (coming from a log file) that is dependent on a bunch of other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaimielives
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

substitute the starting dollar sign in command with blank

Hi,, Let example cmd: $$config/all Here I want to replace or subsitute blank space and also with any other character in place of "$" sign...and also want to replace backslash (/) with forward (\)......in expect script please could any one help on this.....thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swethakast
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Help with Sort command (ksh)

hello everyone, I have file with de-limited values in random order shown below, where C1V0 represents column1 value1, C2V0 represents column2 value 2, and so on. Column0 is a constant value which i didn't represent in the sample input format. Column1 is a numeric column. Column2 is a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: angie1234
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable to command to Variable Question KSH

Hello, First post for Newbie as I am stumped. I need to get certain elements for a specific PID from the ps command. I am attempting to pass the value for the PID I want to retrieve the information for as a variable. When the following is run without using a variable, setting a specific PID,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Coyote270WSM
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Help needed to have changing value to the command prompt string variable PS1

Hi, I am using git bash terminal window to do git operations. I have set the prompt string variable PS1 in the ~/.bashrc file as follows: export PS1=" " This is intended to show me the current git branch's name which is active as part of the prompt string. But, the problem is when I do a git... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] KSH: Array/If Help

RedHat 5 KSH I am creating an array, and then using case to go through and count for specific words. Then the count gets stored as an expression. string='ftp rcp rsh telnet ftp ftp' set -A myarray $string FTPCOUNT="0" for command in ${myarray} do case $command in ftp) FTPCOUNT=`expr... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitrobass24
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] How to increment and add variable length numbers to a variable in a loop?

Hi All, I have a file which has hundred of records with fixed number of fields. In each record there is set of 8 characters which represent the duration of that activity. I want to sum up the duration present in all the records for a report. The problem is the duration changes per record so I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: danish0909
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep and dollar command

Hello there, first of all, don't hesitate to notify me if I misbehave. I'm a newbe in the use of this site, and in unix too (in english as well :-) Well, if someone hat a little time to waste, could he explain to me this strange behavior. I'm using ksh under AIX. cdeset=$(su - db2inst1 -c... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: skitoc
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dollar symbol in Shell Script Variable

Hi, I am working on PGP encryption. I am getting public keys from some file. One of the key has dollar sign in it "$" Example: "abc$123" echo 'passphrase='$passphrase --> Giving correct value abc$123 But if I use $passphrase in PGP command getting Invalid passphrase error. If I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sreehari
10 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)