Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: export in unix
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers export in unix Post 302682035 by Don Cragun on Sunday 5th of August 2012 11:02:46 AM
Old 08-05-2012
Code:
. file

where "file" is the name of the file containing these commands.
This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to export data file from Unix

Hi, I am searching a way to export data file on Unix to SQL server on a daily bases. Any one has any ideas? Thanks in advance! (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
20 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX export command - memory space

Hello, I have 2 or more environment files, with identical variable names; see below: .env_file1 export PROJNAME="XYZ" export PROJID="2" .env_file2 export PROJNAME="WSX" export PROJID="9" .env_file(n) export PROJNAME="QAZ" export PROJID="12" The env files above will be sourced... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nomaad
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can any one share a unix script for validating the export of a mapping which is in XM

Hi, Can any one share a unix script for validating the export of a mapping which is in XML format. like my requirment is that when ever we are migrating the mappings or wokflows from development to QA we will take the export of that mapping into an XML file.Insted of reviewing the mapping... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perlamohan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can any one share a unix script for validating the export of a mapping which is in XM

Hi, Can any one share a unix script for validating the export of a mapping which is in XML format. like my requirment is that when ever we are migrating the mappings or wokflows from development to QA we will take the export of that mapping into an XML file.Insted of reviewing the mapping... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perlamohan
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fast export in unix

/opt/teradata/client/bin/fexp <<EOP .LOGTABLE load_work.datastore_log1 ; .LOGON BOX/userid,password; .BEGIN EXPORT SESSIONS 20; .EXPORT OUTFILE $path MODE RECORD FORMAT TEXT; select trim(cast(PROC_YYMM_DT as char(5))) (title ''), cast('~' as char(1)), trim(cast(ACCNO as char(21)))... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: depakjan
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export command in unix

Hi, executing below command for export in cygwin, though I have already mentioned the username and password with the command but on execution it again asks for username, what modification is needed in the below command ? may be there is some problem in using inverted comma ? exp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: milink
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fast export in UNIX using Teradata creating issue

Hi All, I am trying to export a file using Fast Export (Teradata) in UNIX. The desired output length is 550 bytes, but the output file is creating string till 75 characters. How to get the full length file? .LOGON .EXPORT file=export.txt; SELECT CAST(('' || (CAST('UD ' AS CHAR(3))) || ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unankix
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to export Result to Excel Tabular format from UNIX?

Hi I am working on a script in which I am firing a query on database through Unix and getting the result set. I want to export that in an excel file. I am able to do so nut the result are exported horizontally one below the other. Can anyone plss help me out in exporting the Result in Tabular... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saritau3
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script to validate the export of a XML-formatted mapping

Can any one please share a unix script for validating the export of a mapping which is in XML format Any help would be great for me. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sampoorna
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data export UNIX shell script

Hi, I want to write a shell script which connect to my database with the following credentials : User name : user PWD : rap_user_1 Hostname : app.Unix.Gsm1900.Org Port : 7862 SID : PTNC1 Once connected to DB i want to fetch data with the help of a SQL statement and expoet... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: neeraj617
4 Replies
BOOTPARAMS(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						     BOOTPARAMS(5)

NAME
bootparams -- boot parameter database SYNOPSIS
/etc/bootparams DESCRIPTION
The bootparams file specifies the boot parameters that diskless(8) clients may request when booting over the network. Each client supported by this server must have an entry in the bootparams file containing the servers and pathnames for its root, area. It may optionally contain swap, dump, and other entry types. Each line in the file (other than comment lines that begin with a #) specifies the client name followed by the pathnames that the client may request by their logical names. Names are matched in a case-insensitive fashion, and may also be wildcarded using shell-style globbing char- acters. The components of the line are delimited with blank or tab, and may be continued onto multiple lines with a backslash. For example: dummy root=server:/export/dummy/root swap=server:/export/dummy/swap dump=server:/export/dummy/swap gateway=router:255.255.255.0 When the client named "dummy" requests the pathname for its logical "root" it will be given server ``server'' and pathname ``/export/dummy/root'' as the response to its RPC request. netra[1-5]www* root=server:/export/jumpstart/netra_www When any client with a name matching the pattern "netra[1-5]www*" requests the pathname for its logical "root" it will be given server ``server'' and pathname ``/export/jumpstart/netra_www'' as the response to its RPC request. As this example implies, this is useful for set- ting up Jumpstart servers for Sun clients. NOTES
The server does not default to the localhost, and must be filled in. FILES
/etc/bootparams default configuration file SEE ALSO
diskless(8), rpc.bootparamd(8) BSD
February 28, 2002 BSD