Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Should We Keep or Drop the Bottom Toolbar? Post 302681747 by bakunin on Saturday 4th of August 2012 08:09:10 AM
Old 08-04-2012
The toolbar item i use by far most is the "Mod Comments" cut&paste-template, which i find very, very, useful. I don't want to decide if this justifies the whole effort. I probably could have come up with a solution for that myself, but somehow never got around to it, so i find that very convenient.

Another thing i use is the "Mod Queue", which is also a convenient thing to have and is not (easily) accessible from the top menu.

For most of the other things in the toolbar i tend to use the "top menu" in the header part instead, simply out of habit.

Bottom line: i would miss the functionality mentioned if the toolbar would be gone but don't care if it is available through a tool bar or a menu. If the functionality could be included in the top menu i wouldn't miss the tool bar at all.

bakunin

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP-UX toolbar help

Hi all, I am trying to set some icons in the toolbar thingy (HP-UX 10.2). I used the Toolboxes->Personal to help me setup, but it put the program icon in the personal toolbox folder. So I dragged it out to the Desktop. Now I've a link on a Desktop. Any ideas on how to create directly on to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin
2 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Showing all open programs on your bottom toolbar

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/COKEDUDEUSF/toolbar.jpg Take a look at my picture to understand what I'm talking about. I have a bunch of programs open right now and I can't see the name of the programs on my toolbar. Is there hopefully a way to see all open programs on your toolbar... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Change Toolbar to Opt In?

Hey! I'm thinking we should change the toolbar to "opt in" and have it off for members by default? But then, the would not have toolbar access to the code tag videos, etc. so then I thought to make it "opt in" after say 30 posts. That way, the toolbar will show to all new users with less... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
5 Replies
d_menu_proc(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					      d_menu_proc(3alleg4)

NAME
d_menu_proc - Dialog procedure implementing a menu bar object. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int d_menu_proc(int msg, DIALOG *d, int c); DESCRIPTION
This object is a menu bar which will drop down child menus when it is clicked or if an alt+key corresponding to one of the shortcuts in the menu is pressed. It ignores a lot of the fields in the dialog structure, in particular the color is taken from the gui_*_color variables, and the width and height are calculated automatically (the w and h fields from the DIALOG are only used as a minimum size.) The dp field points to an array of menu structures: see do_menu() for more information. The top level menu will be displayed as a horizontal bar, but when child menus drop down from it they will be in the normal vertical format used by do_menu(). When a menu item is selected, the return value from the menu callback function is passed back to the dialog manager, so your callbacks should return D_O_K, D_REDRAW, or D_CLOSE. SEE ALSO
active_menu(3alleg4), gui_menu_draw_menu(3alleg4), exgui(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 d_menu_proc(3alleg4)