Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting match sentence and word adn fetch similar words in alist Post 302681247 by manigrover on Friday 3rd of August 2012 03:49:32 AM
Old 08-03-2012
check

Hi

It's checking the whole sentenece
and printing
Quote:
xyz it is used in blood pressure
which is very different form what I want

as I want

Quote:
xyz blood pressur
e

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print all the words after a match word

Hi, I want to print all words till the last word after the match of "ERROR" word. For e.g. I'll get an sqlplus error with e.g. 1 $ ./calltest_fn.ksh var test_var:=test_fn1; calltest_fn.ksh file1 file2 file3 ERROR at line 4: ORA-06550: line 4, column 11: PLS-00201: identifier... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Truncate the word from a sentence

Hi, The first line of a file is as follows: example.4ge v.45352 Report for April 28 May 2010 I need to remove the word example.4ge v.45353 from that line. I used the following command to truncate it sed 's/example.4ge v.45352//g' $filename But here the version number 45352 may... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kattoor
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a word from sentence

$SET_PARAMS='-param Run_Type_Parm=Month -param Portfolio_Parm="997" -param From_Date_Parm="2011-08-09"' Want to extract the value of "Portfolio_Parm" from $SET_PARAMS i.e in the above case "997" & assigned to new variable. The existence order of "Portfolio"Parm" can change, but the name... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SujeethP
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find EXACT word in files, just the word: no prefix, no suffix, no 'similar', just the word

I have a file that has the words I want to find in other files (but lets say I just want to find my words in a single file). Those words are IDs, so if my word is ZZZ4, outputs like aaZZZ4, ZZZ4bb, aaZZZ4bb, ZZ4, ZZZ, ZyZ4, ZZZ4.8 (or anything like that) WON'T BE USEFUL. I need the whole word... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chicchan
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match the word or words and fetch the entries

Hi all, I have 7 words Now I have 1 file which contain data in large number of rows and columns and 6th column contain any of these words or may be more than one words among above 7 words: I want script should search for the above mentioned 7 words in the 6th column ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match words and fetch data in front of it in second column

Hi all, I have 2 files one file contain data like this in one column AST3 GSTY4 JST3 second file containign data like this in 2 columns AST3(PAXXX),GSTY4(PAXXY) it is used in diabetes KST4 it is used in blood... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch entries in front of specific word till next word

Hi all I have following file which I have to edit for research purpose file:///tmp/moz-screenshot.png body, div, table, thead, tbody, tfoot, tr, th, td, p { font-family: "Liberation Sans"; font-size: x-small; } Drug: KRP-104 QD Drug: Placebo Drug: Metformin|Drug:... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priyanka Chopra
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gawk gensub, match capital words and lowercase words

Hi I have strings like these : Vengeance mitt Men Vengeance gloves Women Quatro Windstopper Etip gloves Quatro Windstopper Etip gloves Girls Thermobite hooded jacket Thermobite Triclimate snow jacket Boys Thermobite Triclimate snow jacket and I would like to get the lower case words at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: louisJ
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print one sentence 40 to 50 words end with period in a file

Hi All, Is there another way to achieve this? how get short phrase in a sentence with character count of 100 to 155 words end with period but don't end something like 50,000. . Here's my current script but the output is not good. This will use for my snippets or preview. grep... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lxdorney
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch lines between 1st and 4th similar pattern

Hi Folks, I have a big file that looks like below ========== kjhjl kjlklkkhcgflj fgf ========== xsww23edc ccdde3rfv ceerfcc vff4 ========== zaq12wsx xsw23edc ========== ========== (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayadanabalan
3 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)