Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting configure options ised while compiling apache Post 302680687 by funksen on Thursday 2nd of August 2012 07:35:44 AM
Old 08-02-2012
you can activate the server info handler page:

Code:
        LoadModule info_module modules/mod_info.so
        <Location /server-info>
            SetHandler server-info
            Order deny,allow
            Allow from all
        </Location>

gives you a lot of output about loaded modules, and this info:

Code:
Server Built With: -D APACHE_MPM_DIR="server/mpm/prefork" -D APR_HAS_SENDFILE -D APR_HAS_MMAP -D APR_HAVE_IPV6 (IPv4-mapped addresses enabled) -D APR_USE_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZE -D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT -D APR_HAS_OTHER_CHILD -D AP_HAVE_RELIABLE_PIPED_LOGS -D HTTPD_ROOT="/etc/httpd" -D SUEXEC_BIN="/usr/sbin/suexec" -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="logs/error_log" -D AP_TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="conf/mime.types" -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="conf/httpd.conf"

in my case

you may add

Code:
deny from all
allow from yourip

to restrict access

wrong forum btw

cheers

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get error while compiling apache with php module

hi, i'm compiling apache with php module after i finish compile mysql-4.0.0-alpha. i do it as the follow steps after untar'ed them in the same directory, 1) cd apache_1.3.22 ./configure 2) cd php-4.0.6 ./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql \ --with-apache=../apache_1.3.22 \... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jApHEth
2 Replies

2. Linux

options used in ./configure

Hi, for a given binary file or rpm package, is there any way for me to know the ./configure options passed onto it when it was built? Thanks, Marc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

configure php with postgresql and apache

Hi, I'm trying to configure php4 to run alongside postgresql and apache. Postgres and apache are already installed and running, but I am getting an error when doing: host84:~/php-4.4.9#./configure --with-apache=/usr/local/apache --with-postgresql=/usr/local/pgsql loading cache ./config.cache... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdbeng
5 Replies

4. Linux

Configure apache prefork MPM

Hello, i want to know the basics to configure prefork.c module to high Apache performance and i think it's depends on the server hardware details (RAM and Processors) Thanks :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxCommandos
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Apache with make options

I am installing apache on freebsd and the screen comes up with make options. Here I would like to deselect DAV and DAV_FS. How can this be done on the command line in order to achieve a silent install? This is what I have currently, but the installation script still enters the menu with the make... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Apache 2 configure not recognizing options

Hello all. I am trying to compile Apache 2 (again!) and the configure script keeps telling me it does not recognize the options. Everything I am including is in the --help list. For example: --enable-so. First I will put in the LD flags, then configure with the --enable-so option. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobertSubnet
2 Replies

7. Solaris

problem compiling apache on solaris

Hi I'm trying to install apache 2.2.14 on Solaris with Openssl. I'm using following configure options: ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache2 --enable-ssl --enable-module=so --enable-proxy=shared --enable-proxy-http=shared --enable-proxy-ajp=shared --with-ssl=/usr/local/openssl ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aelfric
3 Replies

8. IP Networking

configure apache to work with ssl

Hi, I need help to configure the apache to work with ssl. I have managed to create self-signed certificate according to the instruction in the following link. So I have the crt file and the key file. however when I add: <Virtualhost *:443> SSLEngine on ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: programAngel
1 Replies

9. Web Development

<Apache>error when compiling CPP modules

Hi, I am working on Linux Platform. I am just trying to port a CPP module to apache as a module. When I try to build the Apache , it throws an error as follows libtool: unrecognized option `-DLINUX=2' Later I did some search and changed the config_vars.mk file under the "build" directory of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashabb
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

Error while starting Apache after compiling PHP and Curl

Hello, I am facing an issue while starting the apache server after compiling php and curl. Below are the versions i am using. php-5.2.17 httpd-2.2.17 curl-7.16.0 CentOS5.5x64 Compiling above packages without curl working very fine but when trying to compile php with curl below error is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
1 Replies
WEBSERVER(1)							       mrtg							      WEBSERVER(1)

NAME
webserver - hints for web server configuration SYNOPSIS
If you want people to actually see the results of your network monitoring efforts you will need a webserver. This document lists some configuration hints for webservers. Contributions welcome. APACHE
Configuring mod_expire A big issue with mrtg monitoring data is the expiery time. All these nice graphs you can create are only valid for a short time. If you do not take special action some webbrowsers will not notice this and you may end up with people seeing old data because of caching issues. The apache module mod_expire allows you to setup special expiery properties for individual file. Here is an example for how this may look for an mrtg web directory. The configuration directives can be stored into a .htaccess file. ############################################################ # Example .htaccess for use with apache-1.2 and mod_expire. # (mod_expire come with apache-1.2 but you have to explicitly # activate it when compiling the httpd ...) ############################################################# # <Files "*-day.png"> ExpiresActive On # enable expirations # five minutes ExpiresDefault M300 </Files> <Files "*-week.png"> ExpiresActive On ExpiresDefault M1800 </Files> <Files "*-month.png"> ExpiresActive On ExpiresDefault M7200 </Files> <Files "*-year.png"> ExpiresActive On ExpiresDefault M86400 </Files> <Files "*.html"> ExpiresActive On ExpiresDefault M300 </Files> # index.html is not automatically generated <Files "index.html"> ExpiresActive Off </Files> AUTHOR
Unknown 3rd Berkeley Distribution 2.9.17 WEBSERVER(1)