Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing a string variable from Unix to Sql Plus Post 302680227 by infintenumbers on Wednesday 1st of August 2012 01:07:19 PM
Old 08-01-2012
The mistake I did was:

I created the text file (table_list.txt) from windows. Now I created from UNIX and it works.

The simple mistake costed me a day. Smilie

Thanks for all your help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Passing C Variable To Unix

I want to pass a variable set in my c program to a shell script (which will also be invoked or initiated from the same C program using the C's system command). Is it possible ? :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapilv
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing PL/SQL variable value to Shell Varible

Hi my UNIX Friends, Im calling some SQL scripts through Unix Shell scripting. How do I export the value of PL/SQL variable value into a Unix shell script variable? Also could any one inform me about the 'search' and 'cut' utility of PL/SQL (like 'grep' and 'cut' in Shell scripting). ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

passing value to a variable in a SQL

Hi Folks, This is a small chunk of the bigger problem which i am facing and some help here will help me resolve the rest of the issue. Problem is that i need to pass the value of a variable from a shell script to a SQL query (infact a lot of SQL's) i have the following solution but somehow... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamitsin
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passing Hash variable in to sql query in perl

Hi Everyone, Can anyone help me how do i call hash variable in to sql query in perl. Please see the script below i have defined two Hash %lc and %tab as below $lc{'REFF'}='V_RES_CLASS'; $lc{'CALE'}='V_CAP_CLASS'; $lc{'XRPD'}='V_XFMR_CLASS'; $tab{'V_RES_CLASS'}='V_MFR_SERS';... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jam_prasanna
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing sql as parameter to unix function

Hi, I have a function which connects to the db and runs the sql. it works fine when I run it like: function "select empname from emp;" but when I try to pass the sql string to a variable which in turn in fed to the function , it throws error. please advise. Thanks, Arnie. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itsarnie
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing an unix variable to an XML

I need help I have a unix command : VERSION=$(ls -d /vsn/v12.??.??.?? | sort | tail -1) when i do echo $VERSION, i get the exact value, i want. Now i want to use this variable and pass it to an xml. How can i do that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samk
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing string as variable(s) in bash

I'm trying to write a basic bash script that takes input you give (what directory, if any, what name, if any ....) and passes the information to find. I'm trying to just create a string with all variables and then pass it to find. So far I have this extremely simple: #!/bin/bash -f ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Starting_Leaf
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable to sql

How to pass variable to sql file. Im tryin in two ways, Method 1: my.sql select * from table where col1 = '$1' and col2 = 'text'; Method 1execute: dbaccess database my.sql $var Method2: select * from table col1 in (`cat inputfile`) and col2 = 'text'; method... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing string from SQL to a BASH script

OS Solaris 10, DB oracle 10g Hello, We currently have a BASH script that runs and moves image files from a remote server to the local db server. A snippet of the code shows that we are picking up all Images that are 'mtime -1' some code... for file in `ssh user@10.200.200.10 'find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JonP
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable from file to sql from script

Hi Friend, I have one file in which some number are mentioned and number of lines are vary every time And i need to pass that number to my sql command from script. Suppose i have file acc.txt 45456546456 45464564565 67854353454 67657612132 Number of records are vary every time.... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallvi_mahajan
20 Replies
exit(1) 							   User Commands							   exit(1)

NAME
exit, return, goto - shell built-in functions to enable the execution of the shell to advance beyond its sequence of steps SYNOPSIS
sh exit [n] return [n] csh exit [ ( expr )] goto label ksh *exit [n] *return [n] DESCRIPTION
sh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. If n is omitted the exit status is that of the last command executed (an EOF will also cause the shell to exit.) return causes a function to exit with the return value specified by n. If n is omitted, the return status is that of the last command exe- cuted. csh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit, either with the value of the status variable or with the value specified by the expression expr. The goto built-in uses a specified label as a search string amongst commands. The shell rewinds its input as much as possible and searches for a line of the form label: possibly preceded by space or tab characters. Execution continues after the indicated line. It is an error to jump to a label that occurs between a while or for built-in command and its corresponding end. ksh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the exit status is that of the last command executed. When exit occurs when executing a trap, the last command refers to the command that executed before the trap was invoked. An end-of-file will also cause the shell to exit except for a shell which has the ignoreeof option (See set below) turned on. return causes a shell function or '.' script to return to the invoking script with the return status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the return status is that of the last command executed. If return is invoked while not in a function or a '.' script, then it is the same as an exit. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
break(1), csh(1), ksh(1), sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 exit(1)