Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: find command with -exec
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find command with -exec Post 302680179 by Corona688 on Wednesday 1st of August 2012 11:25:12 AM
Old 08-01-2012
I'm not sure whether sun find supports -printf in that way. You need to not rely on extensions when using Solaris.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find command exec error

Hi All, i am writing a shell script in korn shell which deletes all the files in a directory once in every 10DAYS. the directory has different format files. the script has something like this; cd /home/data/pavi echo "Please Enter the Number of Days to search for" read DAYS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavan_test
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find command with prune and exec

Hi, I'm using the following command to get a list of files on the system. find /releases -type f -exec ls -l > /home/sebarry/list.txt '{}' \; however, its searching a directory I don't want it to search so I know I have to use prune but I don't seem to be able to get prune and exec to work... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sebarry
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find command with prune and exec options

Hi, I'm using the following command to get a list of files on the system. find /releases -type f -exec ls -l > /home/sebarry/list.txt '{}' \; however, its searching a directory I don't want it to search so I know I have to use prune but I don't seem to be able to get prune and exec to work... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sebarry
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command with exec doesnt work

Hi There, I have a script which finds for log files and removes them if the file has changed in the last day. The script runs fine without errors. The log file is still there. So, I decided to print the find command and run the command outside the script. Getting "Incomplete statement" Can you... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: funtochat2002
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command with -exec

Hi People, I have a directory full of compressed files (.Z extention) In many of these files there is a string pattern (3800078163033) I want to find all file names which contain this string in their text. Regards, Abhishek (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: max29583
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the exit code of -exec in the find command

Hi I have a little problem with the find command in a script that I'm writing. The script should check if there are some files younger than 100 seconds and then syncronise them with rsync. My find command: find -type f -cmin -100 -exec rsync -a --delete directory1/ directory2/ When I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: oku
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What does the '\' in find -exec command

Hi, I have two scripts that remove files. One works fine and is coded find -name "syst*" -mtime +1 -exec rm {} \; The other is almost the same - only thing missing is the '\'. On that script though I keep getting: rm syst1202.file ? etc Does the \ make that difference or is it a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and move command with exec

Hi all, I am trying to find files newer than a given file and them mv them to a new location. So I far I have: find . ! -newer <file_name> -exec ls -l {} \; and find . ! -newer <file_name> -exec mv /TEMP_LOCATION {} \; find is not liking this. Anyone know how to modify the last... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonnyd
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux find command seems to not transmit all the result to the '-exec command'

Hello. From a script, a command for a test is use : find /home/user_install -maxdepth 1 -type f -newer /tmp/000_skel_file_deb ! -newer /tmp/000_skel_file_end -name '.bashrc' -o -name '.profile' -o -name '.gtkrc-2.0' -o -name '.i18n' -o -name '.inputrc' Tha command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
AMSUNTAR(8)						  System Administration Commands					       AMSUNTAR(8)

NAME
amsuntar - Amanda Application to interface with native tar utility available on solaris platforms DESCRIPTION
Amsuntar is an Amanda Application API script. It should not be run by users directly. It uses Solaris bundled tar utility to backup and restore data. Currenty ACLs from ZFS file system can only be backed up using the solaris supplied tar utility. The diskdevice in the disklist (DLE) must be the directory to backup. Solaris 10 supports Role Based Access Control(RBAC) which is enabled by default. To run backup operations using sun tar utility by under privileged user like amandabackup, amandabackup user need to have proper roles and profiles, specially "Media Backup" profile/role. This can be done using 'usermod -P "Media Backup" amandabackup' command. PROPERTIES
This section lists the properties that control amsuntar's functionality. See amanda-applications(7) for information on application properties and how they are configured. BLOCK-SIZE Optional tar read or write block size. The default is 256. DIRECTORY If set, suntar will backup from that directory instead of the diskdevice set by the DLE. On restore, the data is restore in that directory instead of the current working directory. EXTENDED-ATTRIBUTES Include extended attributes in archive. The default is YES. EXTENDED-HEADERS Write tar file with extended headers. With this optiion the modification time is maintained with a granularity of microseconds,Long file names and file sizes greater than 8GB can be archived. The default is YES. SUNTAR-PATH The path to the suntar binary. The default is set when Amanda is built. LANG Default LANG is "C". suntar require an UTF-8 LANG if you have UTF-8 filename and it is configured for extended headers. A good value can be "en_US.UTF-8" if that locale is installed on your machine. NORMAL List all regex (Perl Regular Expression syntax) that are normal output from sun tar. These output are in the "FAILED DUMP DETAILS" section of the email report if the dump result is STRANGE or FAILED. Default values: is not a file. Not dumped$ same as archive file$ To treat one of these default patterns differently, specify it explicitly in a different property. IGNORE List all regex (Perl Regular Expression syntax) that amanda ignore. These output are never in the email report. STRANGE List all regex (Perl Regular Expression syntax) that are strange output from sun tar. The result of the dump is STRANGE if sun tar produce a strange output. These output are in the "FAILED DUMP DETAILS" section of the email report. Default values: : invalid character in UTF-8 conversion of : UTF-8 conversion failed.$ To treat one of these default patterns differently, specify it explicitly in a different property. ERROR List all regex (perl Regular Expression syntax) that are error output from sun tar. All sun tar output that doesn't match a normal, ignore or strange regex are error by default. The result of the dump is FAILED if sun tar produce an error output. These output are in the "FAILED DUMP DETAILS" section of the email report. Default values: : Permission denied$ To treat one of these default patterns differently, specify it explicitly in a different property. SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5), amanda-applications(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Satya Ganga <gast@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.3 01/10/2013 AMSUNTAR(8)