Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: find command with -exec
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find command with -exec Post 302680157 by jonnyd on Wednesday 1st of August 2012 10:47:45 AM
Old 08-01-2012
Code:
find . -newer <file_name> -exec ls -1ad {} \+

works fine.

Thanks!

Last edited by Franklin52; 08-01-2012 at 04:53 PM.. Reason: Please use code tags for data and code samples, thank you

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find command exec error

Hi All, i am writing a shell script in korn shell which deletes all the files in a directory once in every 10DAYS. the directory has different format files. the script has something like this; cd /home/data/pavi echo "Please Enter the Number of Days to search for" read DAYS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavan_test
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find command with prune and exec

Hi, I'm using the following command to get a list of files on the system. find /releases -type f -exec ls -l > /home/sebarry/list.txt '{}' \; however, its searching a directory I don't want it to search so I know I have to use prune but I don't seem to be able to get prune and exec to work... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sebarry
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find command with prune and exec options

Hi, I'm using the following command to get a list of files on the system. find /releases -type f -exec ls -l > /home/sebarry/list.txt '{}' \; however, its searching a directory I don't want it to search so I know I have to use prune but I don't seem to be able to get prune and exec to work... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sebarry
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command with exec doesnt work

Hi There, I have a script which finds for log files and removes them if the file has changed in the last day. The script runs fine without errors. The log file is still there. So, I decided to print the find command and run the command outside the script. Getting "Incomplete statement" Can you... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: funtochat2002
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command with -exec

Hi People, I have a directory full of compressed files (.Z extention) In many of these files there is a string pattern (3800078163033) I want to find all file names which contain this string in their text. Regards, Abhishek (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: max29583
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the exit code of -exec in the find command

Hi I have a little problem with the find command in a script that I'm writing. The script should check if there are some files younger than 100 seconds and then syncronise them with rsync. My find command: find -type f -cmin -100 -exec rsync -a --delete directory1/ directory2/ When I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: oku
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What does the '\' in find -exec command

Hi, I have two scripts that remove files. One works fine and is coded find -name "syst*" -mtime +1 -exec rm {} \; The other is almost the same - only thing missing is the '\'. On that script though I keep getting: rm syst1202.file ? etc Does the \ make that difference or is it a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and move command with exec

Hi all, I am trying to find files newer than a given file and them mv them to a new location. So I far I have: find . ! -newer <file_name> -exec ls -l {} \; and find . ! -newer <file_name> -exec mv /TEMP_LOCATION {} \; find is not liking this. Anyone know how to modify the last... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonnyd
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux find command seems to not transmit all the result to the '-exec command'

Hello. From a script, a command for a test is use : find /home/user_install -maxdepth 1 -type f -newer /tmp/000_skel_file_deb ! -newer /tmp/000_skel_file_end -name '.bashrc' -o -name '.profile' -o -name '.gtkrc-2.0' -o -name '.i18n' -o -name '.inputrc' Tha command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)