Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers List the files of previous day Post 302679945 by vagar11 on Wednesday 1st of August 2012 04:01:55 AM
Old 08-01-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiC
If you don't need awk, try this:
Code:
find . -daystart -mtime -2 ! -mtime -1 -ls

Will work in leap years and on month's first...
this is not working in unix.

---------- Post updated at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:25 PM ----------

Thanks Cragun for the reply.
But, after reading your post i believe it will be a lengthy code as i will have care of the 1st day of a month, leap year and dealing with month in text format.

Is there any simpler way to list previous day files. RudiC suggested using find but it's not working out.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

next/Previous business day

Hello, Can you please help me how do i get previous and next working day of the week for a given date excluding saturday and sunday. Ex: if the given date is monday, i should get friday and tuesday's date if the given date is friday, i should get thrusday and monday's date. Thanks,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotasateesh
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

last working day of previous month

Hi, I want a script(ksh) to see if today is the last working day(Mon-Fri) of the month. If it is the last working day I need to print current date, else I need the last working day of previous month. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rspk_praveen
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Download previous day files through FTP

Hi All, I have a scenario where I need to download the previous day modified files from other server to my server through FTP . Could any one please send me the shell script for the same. I used the following but I dont know how to proceed after this. ftp -n -i -v $IP <<ENDOFinPUT >>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathchandrach
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sample script to archive & move previous day syslog files

hi all. Please help me with archiving previous day syslog files. the files have no extension and have the format YYYY-MM-DD. I want to archive the file then move it to some other machine. thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find previous month last day minus one day timestamp

Hi All, I need to find the previous month last day minus one day, using shell script. Can you guys help me to do this. My Requirment is as below: Input for me will be 2000909(YYYYMM) I need the previous months last day minus 1 day timestamp. That is i need 2000908 months last day minus ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting previous day.

Hi, i am developing a script for my project. In my script i need to check some conditions based upon some values. in that one value is the previous date. with the previous date i need to check and process some values. I have a function with me retrieve the yesterdays date. But now i have a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: intiraju
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check if last modified day is previous day

Hi, I would like to write a script that checks if a file ('counter') was modified the previous day, if so erase its contents and write 00000000 into it. For e.g. if the file 'counter' was last modified at 11.30pm on 24th May and the script runs at 12.15am of 25th May, it should erase it's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hegdepras
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to list current day files only

Hi All, can anyone pls share the command to list the files of current day only. i want to check if there are any files in a particular directory which are not of current date. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: josephroyal
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move the files between Current day & a previous day

Hi All, I have a requirement where I need to first capture the current day & move all the files from a particular directory based on a previous day. i.e move all the files from one directory to another based on current day & a previous day. Here is what I am trying, but it gives me errors.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find list of files modified for a given day ?

find list of files modified for a given day ? if i have 10 files in my directory, i have modified only 5 ... how to display only modified files ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: only4satish
1 Replies
CALENDAR(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					       CALENDAR(3)

NAME
easterg, easterog, easteroj, gdate, jdate, ndaysg, ndaysj, week, weekday -- Calendar arithmetic for the Christian era LIBRARY
Calendar Arithmetic Library (libcalendar, -lcalendar) SYNOPSIS
#include <calendar.h> struct date * easterg(int year, struct date *dt); struct date * easterog(int year, struct date *dt); struct date * easteroj(int year, struct date *dt); struct date * gdate(int nd, struct date *dt); struct date * jdate(int nd, struct date *dt); int ndaysg(struct date *dt); int ndaysj(struct date *dt); int week(int nd, int *year); int weekday(int nd); DESCRIPTION
These functions provide calendar arithmetic for a large range of years, starting at March 1st, year zero (i.e., 1 B.C.) and ending way beyond year 100000. Programs should be linked with -lcalendar. The functions easterg(), easterog() and easteroj() store the date of Easter Sunday into the structure pointed at by dt and return a pointer to this structure. The function easterg() assumes Gregorian Calendar (adopted by most western churches after 1582) and the functions easterog() and easteroj() compute the date of Easter Sunday according to the orthodox rules (Western churches before 1582, Greek and Russian Orthodox Church until today). The result returned by easterog() is the date in Gregorian Calendar, whereas easteroj() returns the date in Julian Calendar. The functions gdate(), jdate(), ndaysg() and ndaysj() provide conversions between the common "year, month, day" notation of a date and the "number of days" representation, which is better suited for calculations. The days are numbered from March 1st year 1 B.C., starting with zero, so the number of a day gives the number of days since March 1st, year 1 B.C. The conversions work for nonnegative day numbers only. The gdate() and jdate() functions store the date corresponding to the day number nd into the structure pointed at by dt and return a pointer to this structure. The ndaysg() and ndaysj() functions return the day number of the date pointed at by dt. The gdate() and ndaysg() functions assume Gregorian Calendar after October 4, 1582 and Julian Calendar before, whereas jdate() and ndaysj() assume Julian Calendar throughout. The two calendars differ by the definition of the leap year. The Julian Calendar says every year that is a multiple of four is a leap year. The Gregorian Calendar excludes years that are multiples of 100 and not multiples of 400. This means the years 1700, 1800, 1900, 2100 are not leap years and the year 2000 is a leap year. The new rules were inaugurated on October 4, 1582 by deleting ten days following this date. Most catholic countries adopted the new calendar by the end of the 16th century, whereas others stayed with the Julian Calendar until the 20th century. The United Kingdom and their colonies switched on September 2, 1752. They already had to delete 11 days. The function week() returns the number of the week which contains the day numbered nd. The argument *year is set with the year that contains (the greater part of) the week. The weeks are numbered per year starting with week 1, which is the first week in a year that includes more than three days of the year. Weeks start on Monday. This function is defined for Gregorian Calendar only. The function weekday() returns the weekday (Mo = 0 .. Su = 6) of the day numbered nd. The structure date is defined in <calendar.h>. It contains these fields: int y; /* year (0000 - ????) */ int m; /* month (1 - 12) */ int d; /* day of month (1 - 31) */ The year zero is written as "1 B.C." by historians and "0" by astronomers and in this library. SEE ALSO
ncal(1), strftime(3) STANDARDS
The week number conforms to ISO 8601: 1988. HISTORY
The calendar library first appeared in FreeBSD 3.0. AUTHORS
This manual page and the library was written by Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
The library was coded with great care so there are no bugs left. BSD
November 29, 1997 BSD