Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Encrypt DB password in Script Post 302679913 by cero on Wednesday 1st of August 2012 02:54:16 AM
Old 08-01-2012
@chetan.c: When you say visible, do you mean in ps output or defined in the script?
You can invoke sqlplus without logging in but calling a .sql-commandfile and use the SQL*Plus connect command to log in to your database. This way username and password do not show up in ps and are not visible in your main script.
Calling script:
Code:
$ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus -s /nolog @/path/to/your/commandfile.sql $PARAM_PATH

commandfile.sql:
Code:
connect username/password
set heading off feedback off trimspool on 
set pagesize 0
set linesize 9999
spool &1/param_name.txt;
Select sysdate from dual;
spool off;
exit

Another way to hide login-information from ps-output is to use coprocesses (ksh or bash >= 4.0) or pipes. Here the implementation is a bit more tricky and depends on the shell you use.
This User Gave Thanks to cero For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Script....encrypt password and use

Could someone please help me...I have an expect script. There's a need for a log in during the script and a password is required...right now the password is just a variable in the expect script...what would be the best way to put that in an encrypted flat file and have the expect script pull the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cubs0729
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Encrypt password

Hello, I have a paramter file, In which I store all the user-ids and passwords for the project. So if a user just invokes the paramter file he has access to all the variables, which i have exported in the parmatere file. Now if a user echo's the variable which stores the databse password.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DSDexter
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to set password/encrypt a shell script

Hi, I have written a shell script in unix for my customer. Now I want to make it only execute and not to read/write. Can anybody help me how to set password protect/encript my script. Thanks Suresh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Encrypt the password ,source it in a expect script...!!

Hello folks I have a conf file ,say 'pass.conf' ,which is storing ascii password : PASS1111. I need to encrypt this password once and store it in a file. I ,then need to write a script which would read this encrypted password and decrypts it.The o/p o this script shud be this decrypted... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to hide/encrypt password in script?

Hi I have following problem Im writing a script (in bash ) , where need to be written login & passwd for databas client . Its need to in following form login passwd@dbhostname . The problem is so anybody can read it so the passwd & login are visible and thats not very safety . Can... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvok
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to encrypt a password in shell script

Hi, I have run the below script which is connected to db2 v9.5. There is no issue. The only problem is how to encrypt the dbpwd? #!/bin/ksh #---- Set Environment dbalias="dev1db" dbuser="user1" dbpwd="password" #---- Connect to the Database cd /opt/ibm/db2/V9.5/bin db2 "connect to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lookinginfo
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypt password but use * when typing password

Hi, I came across the following script for encrypting the password in this forum #! /usr/bin/ksh exec 4>/dev/tty function getpass { typeset prompt=$1 typeset backspace=$(echo \\b\\c) typeset enter=$(echo \\r\\c) typeset savesetting=$(stty -g) ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbashyam
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypt Password file and decrypt in a shell script

Hi All, I have stored Oracle database passwords in a hidden file - .pass_file. My shell script reads the hidden file, gets the password and then logs in to the Oracle database and runs some SQL script. My requirement is: I need to provide the shell script to be executed by someone else. So,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunpraveen
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypt and decrypt a password in shell script

Hi All, very good morning all. I am trying to connect to informatica repository by using shell script. I have written pmrep connect command in the script file. But i need to provide repository, domain ,username and password to connect. Username and password are hard coded in the script... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SekhaReddy
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypt and decrypt the password in a Shell Script

Hello, I have the following UNIX shell script which connects to the teradata database and executes the SQL Queries. For this, I am passing database name, username and password. I don't want to reveal my password to anyone. So, is there any way that I can encrypt my password and read the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronitreddy
2 Replies
RADSQLRELAY(8)						     FreeRADIUS helper program						    RADSQLRELAY(8)

NAME
radsqlrelay - relay SQL queries to a central database server SYNOPSIS
radsqlrelay [-?] [-d sql_driver] [-b database] [-f file] [-h host] [-u user] [-P port] [-p password] [-1] [-x] file_path DESCRIPTION
radsqlrelay tails a SQL logfile and forwards the queries to a database server. Used to replicate accounting records to one (central) data- base, even if the database has extended downtime. The SQL logfile is created by the rlm_sql_log module. The module must be configured in the radiusd server before you can use radsqlrelay. OPTIONS
-? Print usage help information. -d sql_driver Driver to use: mysql, pg, oracle. -b database Name of the database to use. -f file Read password from file, instead of command line. -h host Connect to host. -u user User for login. -P port Port number to use for connection. -p password Password to use when connecting to server. -1 One-shot mode: push the file to database and exit. -x Turn on debugging. file_path The pathname of the SQL logfile to use. NOTES
Oracle driver The command "radsqlrelay -d oracle -b db.domain.tld sql-relay" reads the database description stored in $TNS_ADMIN/tnsnames.ora: db.domain.tld = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = db.domain.tld)(PORT = 1521)) ) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVICE_NAME = <DB SID>) ) ) SEE ALSO
rlm_sql_log(5) AUTHOR
Nicolas Baradakis <nicolas.baradakis@cegetel.net> 19 June 2005 RADSQLRELAY(8)