Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers xls2csv.py won't print to outfile Post 302679677 by jdilts on Tuesday 31st of July 2012 11:53:18 AM
Old 07-31-2012
My interpretation of what you're saying is run it in another directory? and why would it try to create the file before running the program?

---------- Post updated at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:50 AM ----------

Got it working! thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting outfile with (brackets)

I have a file that comes in as 20081002_invoices.txt and needs to go out as invoices(20081002).xls When ran this file should have three seperate fields as follows: column1 column2 column3 data1 data2 data3 when i run the script it produces the invoices(20081002).xls but moves... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pablo_beezo
1 Replies

2. AIX

won't mount /usr...won't boot fully

Hello: NOOB here. I attempted to use smit mkcd. Failed on first attempt, not enough space. 2nd attempt tried to place iso on /usr, not enough space there. Cleanup ran for about 5 minutes after aborting. Now AIX won't boot. LCD display on 7029-6E3 says: 0517 MOUNT /USR. Attempted to boot from CD... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbird
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to outfile contant as an input for a command

I`m having output file which contain following no which changes every time i run script.The number given below are there in file and i have to fatch them from file. 12 15 56 158 365 165 598 568 265 256 258 now i want to use above number from output to input as $j r=`/omp/bin/ICIC... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nitin_aaa27
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

print to more than one outfile AWK

I'd like to do an if / else if condition and print to different files. Something like: awk '{ if ($1 == "yes") print $2, $4 < infile > outfile1 ; else if ($1 == "No") print $2, $4 < infile > outfile2 }' Obviously I don't know the syntax. Thanks so much. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcfargo
5 Replies

5. Slackware

Printer won't print but 1 page

OS: Slackwar 13.37 Printer: hpDeskjet 1000 j110 Printer Drivers/Software: HPLIP 3.11.3a (min was 3.10.9) and Cups The printer will print the first of n-pages but from page 2 on it prints the page (or part of it) backs up and starts again down about 0.8 lines and does this repeatedly till the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slak0
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Outfile

Hi guys! So I have a program that allows the user to enter a file, change some characters (for example, a changes to t, etc.) and then save the new file under a new name. However, I need to press carriage return twice for the program to end. I was just wondering if anyone knew of a way for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PerlNutt
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable won't print out - awk

done. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: myaa02
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while Converting Excel to CSV using xls2csv

I am using xls2csv to convert a xls file into a regular .csv file. However, while using the command as xls2csv fromfile.xls > tofile.csv I am getting the following error. fromfile.xls is not OLE file or Error I also tried to specify the comma as delimiter but did not help... xls2csv -c\,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

INTO OUTFILE Error 2

Good day, I am trying to run the following command but it does not seem to work. # mysql -pPassword asteriskcdrdb -s -b -e "select 'Account ID','Destination','Operator','Provider','Date','BillSec','Rate id','Cost' UNION select accountcode,dst,'PBX',route_name,date_format(calldate,'%Y/%c/%e... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: esgaroth32
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash script won't run because hardware won't produce display

Can anyone offer any advice on how to modify the script below to work on a new system we have, that has no graphics capability? We admin the system through a serial RAS device. I've tried running the below script through the RAS and through an ssh -X session. It failed with something like "GTK... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yelirt5
3 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)