Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting want to search some content of the file with specific to user Post 302679109 by lathigara on Monday 30th of July 2012 09:28:45 AM
Old 07-30-2012
because of error i have commented it.

prashant

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to search files containing a specific word in the content

Hi all, Lets say I have 3 files a.txt and b.txt and c.txt. a.txt has the following text ==================== apple is good for health b.txt has the following text ==================== apple is pomme in french c.txt has the following text ==================== orange has citric acid... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amjath78
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep/cat/more -- search in a txt file and display content from a specific "keyword"

Hi, I have a .txt file Sample: ===================== NEXT HOST ===================== AEADBAS001 ip access-list extended BLA_Incoming_Filter ip access-list extended BLA_Outgoing_Filter access-list 1 permit xxxxxxxxxxxxxx access-list 2 permit xxxxxxxxxxxxxx =====================... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
4 Replies

3. AIX

find for specific content in file in the directory and list only file names

Hi, I am trying to find the content of file using grep and find command and list only the file names but i am getting entire file list of files in the directory find . -exec grep "test" {} \; -ls Can anyone of you correct this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu_Jagarapu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove specific content in a file

Hi, I have a file called fl_list consists of files i have to archive. I want to create a exception parm called except_parm, so if it finds the directory it will not archive these files and remove from fl_list. $ cat fl_list /apps/dev/ihub/ready/IA003B/IA003B_Deal_Header_yyyymmdd_hhmmss.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: k9cheung
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific content from a file

My input file: >sequence_1 ASSSSSSSSSSSDDDDDDDDDDDCCCCCCC ASDSFDFFDFDFFWERERERERFSDFESFSFD >sequence_2 ASDFDFDFFDDFFDFDSFDSFDFSDFSDFDSFASDSADSADASD ASDFFDFDFASFASFASFAFSFFSDASFASFASFAFS >sequence_3 VEDFGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDG dDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDF SDGFDGSFDGSGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDG My... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
22 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

allow user to use sudo cp on a specific directory and only a specific file

Is there a way to allow a user to use sudo cp on a specific directory and only a specific file? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent request to consider:Search specific name in a file and fetch specific entries

Hi all, I have 2 files, One file contain data like this FHIT CS CHRM1 PDE3A PDE3B HSP90AA1 PTK2 HTR1A ESR1 PARP1 PLA2G1B These names are mentioned in the second file(Please see attached second file) as # Drug_Target_X_Gene_Name:(Where X can be any number (1-1000) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manigrover
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search specific name in a file and fetch specific entries

Hi all, I have 2 files, One file contain data like this FHIT CS CHRM1 PDE3A PDE3B HSP90AA1 PTK2 HTR1A ESR1 PARP1 PLA2G1B These names are mentioned in the second file(Please see attached second file) as (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for a specific String in a log file for a specific date range

Hi, I have log file which rolls out every second which is as this. HttpGenRequest - -<!--OXi dbPublish--> <created="2014-03-24 23:45:37" lastMsgId="" requestTime="0.0333"> <response request="getOutcomeDetails" code="114" message="Request found no matching data" debug="" provider="undefined"/>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikprakash
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search the specific content from the complex file

Hi, I have a file with complex data without delimiter, have requirement to fetch the specific record based on some charcters. here is my file data ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
12 Replies
DebianNet(3pm)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						    DebianNet(3pm)

NAME
DebianNet.pm - create, remove, enable or disable entry in /etc/inetd.conf SYNOPSIS
require DebianNet; DebianNet::add_service($newentry, $group); DebianNet::remove_service($entry); DebianNet::enable_service($service, $pattern); DebianNet::disable_service($service, $pattern); DESCRIPTION
You can use the functions in DebianNet.pm to to add, remove, enable or disable entries in the /etc/inetd.conf file. After the /etc/inetd.conf file has been changed, a SIGHUP signal will be sent to the inetd process to make sure that inetd will use the new /etc/inetd.conf file. The functions can also be used to add entries that are commented out by default. They will be treated like normal entries. That also means that if you already have an entry that is commented out you can't add an entry for the same service without remov- ing the old one first. The DebianNet functions treat entries that are commented out by a single '#' character as entries that have been commented out by a user. It won't change such entries. For shell scripts you can also use the update-inetd command. See update-inetd(8) for further information. VARIABLES
$DebianNet::inetdcf = "FILENAME"; Use FILENAME instead of /etc/inetd.conf (e.g. for testing purposes). $DebianNet::sep = "#<off># "; "#<off># " will be used as the default comment characters. You can use this option to specify different comment characters. This is only necessary if you have to deal with two (or more) services of the same name. $DebianNet::multi = "true"; If you want to disable/remove more than one entry at a time you should use this option. If you try to remove more than one entry at a time without using this option the program will show a warning and asks the user if he want to continue. $DebianNet::verbose = "true"; Explain what is being done. FUNCTIONS
DebianNet::add_service($newentry, $group); Add $newentry to the group $group of the /etc/inetd.conf file. If the entry already exist it will be enabled (it will also detect entries with different program options). Using $group is optional (the default group is the group OTHER). If the group does not exist the entry will be placed at the end of the file. DebianNet::remove_service($entry); Remove $entry from /etc/inetd.conf . You can use a regular expression to remove the entry. DebianNet::enable_service($service, $pattern); Enable $service (e.g. "ftp") in /etc/inetd.conf . Using $pattern is optional. It can be used to select a service. You only need this option if you have two (or more) services of the same name. An example: you have three ftp entries in the /etc/inetd.conf file (all disabled by default) and you want to enable the entry which uses the wu-ftpd daemon. To do this, use the pattern "wu-ftpd" (or any other regular expression that matches this entry). DebianNet::disable_service($service, $pattern); Disable SERVICE (e.g. "ftp") in /etc/inetd.conf . Using $pattern is optional (see above). AUTHORS
Peter Tobias, <tobias@et-inf.fho-emden.de> Ian Jackson <iwj10@cus.cam.ac.uk> Linux 21 September 1995 DebianNet(3pm)