Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Lan card not reaching Gateway Post 302678889 by dextergenious on Monday 30th of July 2012 03:03:24 AM
Old 07-30-2012
Lan card not reaching Gateway

Hi,

I have this problem on RHEL box. I am using two NIC's of same model and make (Intel 82557) in the adjacent PCI slots . I am using each one for different subnet and have assigned them ipaddresses and gateways of respective subnets . While one is O.K. connecting to its gateway other don't. I have checked this card in Winows and its working fine. Card is not faulty. Problem only starts in RHEL.

ip1 192.168.14.2 -----> gateway 192.168.14.1
ip2 172.16.18.3 --X--> gateway 172.16.18.1

Any help is aprreciated.

Thanks,

Dexter

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LAN Card Problem !

The Lan card in one of our UIII WS's seem doesn't work,so with ping command i can not see any of the machines in LAN and with some other tests i'm sure it's not OK. I tried to use the second card on PCI port ,but the replaced card was one of the ordinary card for PC's ...by the way after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikk
1 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

lan card autonegotiation?

what is lan card autonegotiation ? how to enable and disable this feature? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nabil_boussetta
2 Replies

3. SCO

LAN card problem

Dear all Im facing one problem in SCO 5.0.5 , its that in the server there are three LAN cards INTEL PRO 100 series but when we configure all the three cards then LAN stops working . self ping is possible but no one can ping the server. If we remove driver of any one card LAN starts working. Is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ccvyas
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Does x86 solaris 9 support PCI RealTek Lan Card

Hi, i have a RealTek Lan Card on my machine. Does Solaris 9 supports this lan card . Thank You, Shafi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol8admin
3 Replies

5. SCO

lan card not detecting

hi all i have installed SCO 5.0.5 on a "Netfinity 5000" IBM server. But the OS is not detecting the lan card. how can i detect it.... help and thanks in advance . bidhayak (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bidhayakm
3 Replies

6. Programming

LAN card status Information

Please tell me API in Solaris / Linux / UNIX to get status information of LAN card. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
1 Replies

7. Linux

How to check the LAN card?

Hi. I have a lan card installed on my server. I want to check the duplex speed of it. How can I check it? Help is appreciated. Thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amol21
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Can't ping new PCI LAN card x4270_m2

Hi, I've recently moved my pci LAN card from Slot2 Slot5 on my sun x4270_m2 server (solaris 10). I've done the touch / reconfigure and devfsadm, however my issue is that im able to configure the e1000g7 port with an ip address (192.168.0.1) but if i plug my laptop (set with static ip... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kerrygold
7 Replies

9. Red Hat

PC cannot reach two lan card Linux box

we have red hat 6 linux box There are two lan card one lan card eth0 have ip 10.82.190.31/24 GW 10.82.190.254 2th lan card eth1 have ip 10.82.188.33/24 GW 10.82.188.254 I have below route ... I use two route table root@xxx# netstat -rn Kernel IP routing table Destination Gateway ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Inconsistency between RedHat 6.5 global gateway and single gateway leads to loss of default gateway

Dear friends I use RedHat 6.5, which sets the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.26, and the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network-scripts / ifcfg-eth11 as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.256. The two gateways are different.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanpeng
6 Replies
iprb(7D)							      Devices								  iprb(7D)

NAME
iprb - Intel 82557, 82558, 82559-controlled network interface controllers SYNOPSIS
/dev/iprb DESCRIPTION
The iprb Ethernet driver is a multi-threaded, loadable, clonable, STREAMS hardware driver supporting the connectionless Data Link Provider Interface, dlpi(7P), over Intel D100 82557, 82558, and 82559 controllers. Multiple 82557, 82558, and 82559 controllers installed within the system are supported by the driver. The iprb driver provides basic support for the 82557, 82558, and 82559 hardware. Functions include chip initialization, frame transmit and receive, multicast support, and error recovery and reporting. APPLICATION PROGRAMMING INTERFACE
The cloning, character-special device /dev/iprb is used to access all 82557, 82558, and 82559 devices installed within the system. iprb and DLPI The iprb driver is dependent on /kernel/misc/gld, a loadable kernel module that provides the iprb driver with the DLPI and STREAMS func- tionality required of a LAN driver. See gld(7D) for more details on the primitives supported by the driver. The values returned by the driver in the DL_INFO_ACK primitive in response to the DL_INFO_REQ from the user are as follows: o Maximum SDU is 1500 (ETHERMTU). o Minimum SDU is 0. The driver will pad to the mandatory 60-octet minimum packet size. o The dlsap address length is 8. o MAC type is DL_ETHER. o The sap length value is -2, meaning the physical address component is followed immediately by a 2-byte sap component within the DLSAP address. o Broadcast address value is Ethernet/IEEE broadcast address (FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF). KNOWN PROBLEMS AND LIMITATIONS
x86 based systems with the Intel EtherExpress PRO/100B or the Intel EtherExpress PRO/100+ might hang when the interface is brought down at the very instant that a packet is being received. To avoid this, wait until the system is experiencing light or no network traffic before bringing the interface down. Early versions of the firmware on Intel EtherExpress PRO/100+ and Intel PRO/100+ Management adapters do not support PXE network boot on Solaris systems. Upgrade the firmware if the version is lower than 078. PXE firmware versions are expressed as three-digit build numbers. The build number is typically displayed by the firmware during boot. If the PXE build number is not displayed during boot, change the system BIOS or adapter BIOS configuration to display PXE messages during boot. FILES
iprb Device special file /kernel/drv/iprb.conf iprb configuration file <sys/stropts.h> stropts network header file <sys/ethernet.h> Ethernet network header file <sys/dlpi.h> dlpi network header file <sys/gld.h> gld network header file The iprb.conf configuration file options include: -TxURRetry Default: 3 Allowed Values: 0, 1, 2, 3 Sets the number of retransmissions. Modified when tuning performance. -MWIEnable Default: 0 (Disable) Allowed Values: 0 (Disable), 1 (Enable) Should only be set for 82558 adapters and systems in which the PCI bus supports Memory Write & Invalidate operations. Can improve the performance for some configurations. -FlowControl Default: 0 (Disable) Allowed Values: 0 (Disable), 1 (Enable) Setting this value can improve the performance for some configurations -CollisionBackOffModification Default: 0 (Disable) Allowed Values: 0 (Disable), 1 (Enable) Setting this value can improve the performance for some configurations -PhyErrataFrequency Default: 0 (Disable) Allowed Values: 0 (Disable), 10 (Enable) If you have problems establishing links with cables length = 70 Ft, set this field to 10 -CpuCycleSaver Default: 0 Allowed Values: 1 through FFFFh Reasonable Values: 200h through 800h The CPUSaver algorithm improves the system's P/E ratio by reducing the number of interrupts generated by the card. The algorithm bun- dles multiple receive frames together, then generates a single interrupt for the bundle. Because the microcode does not support run- time configuration, configuration must be done prior to the micro code being loaded into the chip. Changing this value from its default means that the driver will have to be unloaded and loaded for the change to take affect. Setting the CpuCycleSaver option to 0 prevents the algorithm from being used. Because it varies for different network environments, the optimal value for this parameter is impossible to predict. Accordingly, developers should run tests to determine the effect that changing this value has on bandwidth and CPU utiliza- tion. -ForceSpeedDuplex Default: 5 (Auto-negotiate) Allowed Values: 4 (100 FDX) 3 (100 HDX) 2 (10 FDX) 1 (10 HDX) Specify the speed and duplex mode for each instance. Example: ForceSpeedDuplex=5,4; Sets iprb0 to autonegotiate and iprb1 to 100 FDX. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5), dlpi(7P), gld(7D) SunOS 5.10 17 November 2000 iprb(7D)