Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users accessing temperatures under Slackware Post 302678611 by Corona688 on Sunday 29th of July 2012 01:18:24 AM
Old 07-29-2012
One of them may be the board temperature. Which sensor goes where is really quite model-specific.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script converting temperatures.

:confused:Please I really need help with an assignment question. I need to write a script that will take the input from a file and convert the number from Centigrade(Celcius) to Fahrenheit or vice versa. Thank you so much. I really need it to be detailed. Please remember the input comes from a file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: starter101
1 Replies

2. Slackware

Skype on Slackware 64

Hi! I've downloaded the static version (skype_static-2.1.0.81.tar.bz2) and extracted it. Then I tried to start the Skype executable file (./skype) via the terminal but nothing happens. root@xxx:~# ls skype_static-2.1.0.81/ skype_static-2.1.0.81.tar.bz2 root@xxx:~# cd skype_static-2.1.0.81... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: intelfan
2 Replies

3. Slackware

Slackware

I want to know more about the Concurrency(Process Synchronization, Deadlocks) of a slackware, i know already the Concurrency but i want to know further what else is the Concurrency(Process Synchronization, Deadlocks) of a slackware. :cool: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: green12
1 Replies

4. Slackware

Slackware 13.

Hello everyone. I am a newbie in operating systems. so far I've been playing with Ubuntu and I like it a lot. I heard about Slackware and I wanna try it. Last night I download the iso but It didn't fit in my usb or Dvd. it is a 4.2 GB. Is there one less than 4.2GB that will fit in my usb or DVD? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: openation1
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

HDD temperatures monitoring

Good day all, I am new the the shell programming and scripting world and I have a question. I need to monitor the hdd temperature of 18 different servers(each with 14 hdd) and I would like to be able to have the information displayed on a single html webpage. What would be the best approach about... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaffryn
0 Replies
TM121TEMP(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 					      TM121TEMP(4)

NAME
tm121temp -- Texas Instruments TMP121 temperature sensor SYNOPSIS
tm121temp0 at spi? slave 0 DESCRIPTION
The tm121temp driver provides support for the Texas Instruments (formerly Burr-Brown) TMP121 temperature sensor with the envsys(4) API. These devices are connected to the host system with spi(4) or Microwire 4-wire serial busses. The tm121temp is capable of measuring tempera- tures with a 2 degree accuracy over the frame from -40 to 125 Celsius. Temperatures are reported with a granularity of 625 microKelvins. tm121temp devices can transfer information at up to 10MHz, and support SPI mode 0. The device reports itself with envsys(4) using the generic device name. This name can be overridden, by specifying an alternate name in the device property ``envsys-description''. SEE ALSO
envsys(4), spi(4), envstat(8) HISTORY
The tm121temp driver was written by Garrett D'Amore and first appeared in NetBSD 4.0. BSD
October 9, 2006 BSD