Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script problems in hp unix systems Post 302678173 by Corona688 on Friday 27th of July 2012 11:07:06 AM
Old 07-27-2012
-mmin is a GNU-only option, which makes this trickier.

There's a more standard option for hours, but what I'd do instead is run this every 60 minutes in a cron job:

Code:
if [ ! -f /tmp/timestampfile ]
then
        touch /tmp/timestampfile
fi

find /path/to/files -type f '!' -newer /tmp/timestampfile -exec echo rm '{}' ';'
touch /tmp/timestampfile

That way, it doesn't have to calculate 'n minutes ago', it can just compare to the timestamp of a file in /tmp/.

Remove the echo once you're sure it does what you want.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

eBay Unix systems

I should add a disclaimer: I am not affiliated with the sellers in any way, nor do I have any more knowledge than any other person reading the description about the item. This is simply for your reference. I see a good number of people wanting a SPARC system to play with, and even more that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

firewall for unix systems

I was wondering if anyone knew of any good firewall softwares to run on open bsd. I'm currently running ip chains but I'm looking for easier to configure. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shadieshad
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

distributers of unix systems

Well i've been looking for some unix systems to download but with all the technical stuff they talk about on the sites i think that it would be betterif i just bought oneat a store so it comeswith directions and stuff, but is there any unix system that will coincidentally run with MS-dos mode? and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shag134
1 Replies

4. SCO

Sharing unix drives from two unix systems

I have two SCO openserver systems, 1 in the US and 1 in the UK. I am setting up a vpn to connect the two local networks that also have windows pc's on them. Is there a way that either unix system can see the hard drive on the other unix system so that I can share data between them. I run a cobol... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rongrout
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

MRTG in Unix Systems

Hi, I need help to discovery the correct MIB to monitoring CPU, Memory and Hard Disc in Unix. I get any MIB in the internet, but donīt work. Anybody help-me? Thanks. Marcio Dunder Perin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dunder
2 Replies

6. AIX

PPE/POE problems on AIX 5.2 on p690 systems

We have PPE/POE problems on a 32 PE p690 system. After upgrading to the latest AIX 5.2 (ML 05) POE/PPE environment on a p690, we've noticed that mpi jobs could not start. I've trace the problem in the communication of poe client routines and the pmdv4 (/etc/pmdv4) partition manager on our... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: miket
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Notebook UNIX systems

Hy folks, I was wondering what is best unix system for notebook (laptop) computers. Older or newer, faster or slower? What is you opinion and experiance with unix on notebook?v (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: R@LE
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Monitoring Unix systems

I am looking for a commercial tool that will give me -UNIX Monitoring performance solution+ reports on CCV format. (as perfmon on windows machines). The tool must have following counters per PROCESS: Page Faults/sec Virtual Bytes % Processor Time Handles count Threads count... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: gen4ik
19 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix Operating Systems 5

Hi :) I have unix Operating Systems 5 I need working for user logout befor 10 minutes,In the case that he is not active :o what do I do? :rolleyes: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fakhwork
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Shell Script to ping systems & make a log

Hi, I need to ping all the systems in my network and then create a log for the ones, from where I successfully get the ping-response (ICMP packet). Now, I've used the ping command successfully, but am unable to use 'grep' command to locate the IPs for which the ping was successful (so that I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychoTHEIST
5 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)