Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Is it possible to insert compile module after compiled "make" without installing Post 302677833 by jao_madn on Thursday 26th of July 2012 06:04:32 PM
Old 07-26-2012
Is it possible to insert compile module after compiled "make" without installing

Hi gud day,

I would like to ask if possible to load the driver i compiled module without installing it in the ubuntu-kernel-distro/updates* or simple not executing "make install". what i mean is i compile the compat wireless driver using make and i want to try to load
on the system without installing "make install"

Is it possible, thanks in advance for the possible answer.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"./cofigure" and "make" turmoil

I am a Unix newbie and I downloaded some X11 programs. I have gcc, but I cannot compile the files. I NEED HELP!!!! :confused: (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnerd
16 Replies

2. Programming

dbx error ("Executable contains object file compiled on ...")

Hi, We are trying to run dbx on a core file for which we have the original executable and libs, but not the source / object tree. We have recompiled the objects from the original source, but dbx complains that they were compiled at a different time, and refuses to read them: Object file:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sabari Nath S
0 Replies

3. Programming

how could i make a program mixed with many "|", "<" and ">"

I have written following code to do: ls -l | wc -w, it works: but when there are not only a single "|", if there are more such as: ls -l | sort -r | sort | sort -r, This program does not work, i want to know how could i deal with it when there are more "|", another situation is that, if it mixes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: strugglingman
2 Replies

4. Programming

compile fails in linux ... "No rule to make target" ... HELP

hello all, attached you can find a tool (written in C) that i really need to make it compile under linux i am able to compile and run it successfully in mac os x, but in linux the compilation fails the only thing that i did so far is to change the following #include <sys/malloc.h> to... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: OneDreamCloser
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make scipt except from "Y","y" and "yes" to take [Enter] as being "yes"

This is the script: #!/bin/sh if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/WallpaperChanger; fi if ; then rm -rf /usr/bin/wallch; fi; if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/applications/wallch.desktop; fi if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/doc/wallch; fi if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/man/man1/wallch.1.gz; fi echo "Delete... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. Programming

"cout = outFile" is not compiled

Hello, Compilation of the line "cout = outFile" throws error "Error: std::ios_base::operator=(const std::ios_base&) is not accessible from std::ios ::operator=(const std::ios &)." outFile is declared as "static ofstream". Thanks, Shafi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with "merge_range" in Spreadsheet::WriteExcel" module

Any one having idea that,How to copy merged cell from existing excel file to new excel file? Note : Is there any bug in module(Spreadsheet::WriteExcel or Spreadsheet::ParseExcel) itself ? Thanks, kavi (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavi.mogu
0 Replies
MALO(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   MALO(4)

NAME
malo -- Marvell Libertas IEEE 802.11b/g wireless network driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device malo device pci device wlan device firmware Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following lines in loader.conf(5): if_malo_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The malo driver provides support for Marvell Libertas 88W8335 based PCI and Cardbus network adapters. malo supports station and monitor mode operation. Only one virtual interface may be configured at any time. For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). This driver requires the malofw firmware kernel module be installed before it will work. The firmware files are not publicly available. A port of the firmware can be found at: http://weongyo.org/project/malo/malo-firmware-1.4.tar.gz The firmware kernel module can be installed by extracting the archive and running 'make install clean' in the malo-firmware-1.4 directory. HARDWARE
The following cards are among those supported by the malo driver: Card Chip Bus Standard Netgear WG311v3 88W8335 PCI b/g Tenda TWL542P 88W8335 PCI b/g U-Khan UW-2054i 88W8335 PCI b/g EXAMPLES
Join an existing BSS network (i.e., connect to an access point): ifconfig wlan create wlandev malo0 inet 192.168.0.20 netmask 0xffffff00 Join a specific BSS network with network name ``my_net'': ifconfig wlan create wlandev malo0 ssid my_net up Join a specific BSS network with 64-bit WEP encryption: ifconfig wlan create wlandev malo0 ssid my_net wepmode on wepkey 0x1234567890 weptxkey 1 up SEE ALSO
cardbus(4), pci(4), wlan(4), wlan_ccmp(4), wlan_tkip(4), wlan_wep(4), ifconfig(8), wpa_supplicant(8) HISTORY
The malo device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 7.1. BSD
October 21, 2009 BSD