Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Throw my Toys out of the Pram! Post 302676885 by gull04 on Wednesday 25th of July 2012 08:53:08 AM
Old 07-25-2012
I did stop for a couple of pints on the way home, have mobile 3G broadband - which is presumably why it thinks I've moved to Essen in Germany when in fact I'm at this moment sitting in Leeds.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop throw perl regexp selection

hello all i have string that i need to parse something list that : <form name="CustomerStatus" action="<% env.GetURI %>" method="post"<$if(blah)%> name="<% env.get("StatusList") %>" ><% hello %><input type="hidden" name="<% env.get("Operation") %>" value=""> now im selecting the the string... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

throw a generic message upon error

hi all, in ksh, is there a way to throw a generic error message. i have lots of commands in my script and i didnt want to put if ; then doStuff(); else print "an error occured, please run script again"; fi around all the commands used. is there a way detect a command has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if a file is empty throw an error

I want to count the number of lines in a file and store it in a variable if this count is zero i hv to throw an error ...is this syntax correct , but i am not getting the desired result I am not using -s option here as i am concerned about record count not the size #!/bin/ksh set $count1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mavesum
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Command in the script throw error

Hi I have script that is developed to serch for 30 days old Directory & Files and then remove them ... when i run it successfully removes the Directory & files & but it throw errors on the screen .. .. + find . -type f -mtime +30 -exec rm -f {} ; + exit please help me ?? I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beginner123
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search line with more than two dots if so throw error

Hi, I have a requirement like i have to search a script and find names that conatins more than two dots, if so then throw error. For ex: a1.b1.comname here i have to find comname and check two dots. it will not throw error a1.b1.c1.comname here it contains more than 2dots it will throw... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: swagat123
3 Replies

6. Programming

C++ - 'try, throw, catch' compare to regular C-style 'if' - advantages?

(I have long gap to communicate with C++ and do not recall if I have used 'try-catch' at all; so, looking for advice...) I am trying to understand what the benefits of using that C++ error handling style compare to regular C-style 'if-then'? Still in the try{} block need to do some 'if()' to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

Debug3 messages throw in my terminal

OS: HP-UX B.11.31 U ia64 shell : /sbin/sh Messages like "debug3: Wrote 48 bytes for a total of 15837" are thrown in my terminal after each key stroke. If I try to type a command such message appears after each character I type. If I simply press enter messages like below appear. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: black_fender
1 Replies
STARTPAR(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       STARTPAR(8)

NAME
startpar - start runlevel scripts in parallel SYNOPSIS
startpar [-p par] [-i iorate] [-t timeout] [-T global_timeout] [-a arg] prg1 prg2 ... startpar [-p par] [-i iorate] [-t timeout] [-T global_timeout] -M [ boot|start|stop] DESCRIPTION
startpar is used to run multiple run-level scripts in parallel. The degree of parallelism on one CPU can be set with the -p option, the default is full parallelism. An argument to all of the scripts can be provided with the -a option. Processes block by pending I/O will weighting by the factor 800. To change this factor the option -i can be used to specify an other value. The output of each script is buffered and written when the script exits, so output lines of different scripts won't mix. You can modify this behaviour by setting a timeout. The timeout set with the -t option is used as buffer timeout. If the output buffer of a script is not empty and the last output was timeout seconds ago, startpar will flush the buffer. The -T option timeout works more globally. If no output is printed for more than global_timeout seconds, startpar will flush the buffer of the script with the oldest output. Afterwards it will only print output of this script until it is finished. The -M option switches startpar into a make(1) like behaviour. This option takes three different arguments: boot, start, and stop for reading .depend.boot or .depend.start or .depend.stop respectively in the directory /etc/init.d/. By scanning the boot and runlevel direc- tories in /etc/init.d/ it then executes the appropriate scripts in parallel. FILES
/etc/init.d/.depend.boot /etc/init.d/.depend.start /etc/init.d/.depend.stop SEE ALSO
init.d(7), insserv(8), startproc(8). COPYRIGHT
2003,2004 SuSE Linux AG, Nuernberg, Germany. 2007 SuSE LINUX Products GmbH, Nuernberg, Germany. AUTHOR
Michael Schroeder <mls@suse.de> Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de> Werner Fink <werner@suse.de> Jun 2003 STARTPAR(8)