Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Non-greedy replacing in vim
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Non-greedy replacing in vim Post 302676003 by awayand on Tuesday 24th of July 2012 01:56:13 AM
Old 07-24-2012
Thanks!

I actually just removed * and that also worked:

Code:
:%s/{.\{-}}//g

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Vim 7.0

I want to install VIM 7.0 from sunfreeware.com onto a server. The security guys are giving me a hard time because they found this security vulnerability. http://xforce.iss.net/xforce/xfdb/6259 This vulnerability came out in 2001, and it looks like it was mostly for linux, but I cant be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need some help with vim

I use vim for writing code. I was using nano but found that vim is a much advanced editor. I am trying to achieve something like this: When trying a loop or a function, I generally type: function name() {} Now when I take my cursor one position to the left and press the return key, it give... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

About Vim

Hello, what is the maximum size of a file that we can open using vim. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagalenoj
3 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Help with Vim

How do I use compilers and syntax highlighting in (g)Vim? Specifically, I need a Common Lisp compiler and a C++ compiler. Thanks in advance! (Note: Disregard my other topic.) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: led3234
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

non-greedy sed

I found a sed example that works for me, however, now i would like to understand what it is doing: $ echo "<b>foo </b >bar" | sed 's/<*>//g' foo bar the part that i don't understand is the * my guess is that ^> means the first instance of > stop matching but why * and how is it able to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adambot
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Very Importan - Vim Settings - Error while opening a File using vim

I downloaded vim.7.2 and compiled the vim source . Added the vim binary path to PATH (Because iam not the root of the box) when i load the file using vim it throws me an error Error detected while processing /home2/e3003091/.vimrc: line 2: E185: Cannot find color scheme darkblue line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed non-greedy pattern matching with wildcard

Toby> cat sample1 This is some arbitrary text before var1, This IS SOME DIFFERENT ARBITRARY TEXT before var2 Toby> sed -e 's/^This .* before //' -e 's/This .* before //' sample1 var2 I need to convert the above text in sample1 so that the output becomes var1, var2 by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TobyNorris
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Non-greedy pattern matching in shell script

Hi all, Is Perl included by default in Ubuntu? I'm trying to write a program using as few languages as possible, and since I'm using a few Perl one-liners to do non-greedy matching, it's considered another language, and this is a bad thing. Basically, I'm using a Perl one-liner to grab XML... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zel2008
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Vim :f

Can someone please tell me what this does? :f word I thought that was the way to save files with a different name but after a quick google search I saw it was like this. :w filename (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
4 Replies
Locale::Script(3perl)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				     Locale::Script(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. The ones currently supported are: alpha This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA". The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. numeric This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC". ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Script(3perl)