Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Request to check: compare two files , match same entries, write data before it Post 302675193 by manigrover on Sunday 22nd of July 2012 06:32:41 AM
Old 07-22-2012
Quote:
Hi

I got the second file using this coding

Try thisCode:
Code:
awk 'k>0 {if (a[k] && k==2) {print a[1]" "a[2]" "a[3]; a[1]=a[2]=a[3]="";} a[k]=a[k]?a[k]" "$0:$0; k=0;} /^# Drug_Target_.*_Gene_Name/ {k=3;} /^# Generic/ {k=1;} /^# Brand_Name/ {k=2;} END {if (a[1]) print a[1]" "a[2]" "a[3];}' drug_bank.dat

But i do want that data shuld be arranged in second file in 3 columns only even if there is space between two words in 2column and 3 row

Whether u can get something from this coding. High thanks fo that Mani

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 07-22-2012 at 07:54 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to check: Not printing all entries

Dear all, I am facing one problem in my input file there are many Entries which starts from *FIELD * AV (checked the attached file) I want all the entries in the output file which start from *FIELD * AV I have written this programm but its not printing all the entries with *FIELD... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to check: find common and write before it

Hi all, I have 2 big files with such kind of inputs File I File II I want the output file shuld contain Please let me knw scripting regarind this (1 Reply)
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to check remove duplicates but write before it

Hi alll I have a file with following kind input I want in output duplicates should not be there but there should be numbering mentioned before that like (4 Replies)
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to check:remove duplicates and write sytematically

Hi all I have a file with following input It contains 5 columns gene name drug drug ID disease approved Now the same gene is repeated many times with different data in column2,3 ,4,5 I want to arrange dat in such a way that there shuld be one entry in the column(no... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files and match column data and align data from 3 column

Hello experts, Please help me in achieving this in an easier way possible. I have 2 csv files with following data: File1 08/23/2012 12:35:47,JOB_5330 08/23/2012 12:35:47,JOB_5330 08/23/2012 12:36:09,JOB_5340 08/23/2012 12:36:14,JOB_5340 08/23/2012 12:36:22,JOB_5350 08/23/2012... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to check:Fetch certain entries

Hi all. Kindly check it it's urgent!! I have one big file from which which I have to fetch certain data I have attached a small part of this file. from the attached file, I have to fetch and arrange data in 3 columns 1 Generic name 2. Brand names 3. Drug... (10 Replies)
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files and write data to second file using awk

Hi Guys, I wanted to compare a delimited file and positional file, for a particular key files and if it matches then append the positional file with some data. Example: Delimited File -------------- Byer;Amy;NONE1;A5218257;E5218257 Byer;Amy;NONE1;A5218260;E5218260 Positional File... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajay Venkatesan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files of csv file and match column data and create a new csv file of them

Hi, I am newbie in shell script. I need your help to solve my problem. Firstly, I have 2 files of csv and i want to compare of the contents then the output will be written in a new csv file. File1: SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0713.JPG,2015:02:17 11:14:07... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare data - Match first column and compare second

Hi guys, looking for some help with a way to compare data in two files but with some conditions. example, File 1 consists of site1,10.1.1.1 site2,20.2.2.2 site3,30.3.3.3 File 2 contains site1,l0.1.1.1 site2,50.1.1.1 site3,30.3.3.3 site4,40.1.1.1 I want to be able to match the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mutley2202
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Data match 2 files based on first 2 columns matching only and join if match

Hi, i have 2 files , the data i need to match is in masterfile and i need to pull out column 3 from master if column 1 and 2 match and output entire row to new file I have tried with join and awk and i keep getting blank outputs or same file is there an easier way than what i am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: axis88
4 Replies
RAKE(1) 						 Ruby Programmers Reference Guide						   RAKE(1)

NAME
rake -- Ruby Make SYNOPSIS
rake [--f Rakefile] [--version] [-CGNPgnqstv] [-D [PATTERN]] [-E CODE] [-I LIBDIR] [-R RAKELIBDIR] [-T [PATTERN]] [-e CODE] [-p CODE] [-r MODULE] [--rules] [variable=value] target ... DESCRIPTION
Rake is a simple ruby(1) build program with capabilities similar to the regular make(1) command. Rake has the following features: o Rakefiles (Rake's version of Makefiles) are completely defined in standard Ruby syntax. No XML files to edit. No quirky Makefile syntax to worry about (is that a tab or a space?). o Users can specify tasks with prerequisites. o Rake supports rule patterns to synthesize implicit tasks. o Flexible FileLists that act like arrays but know about manipulating file names and paths. o A library of prepackaged tasks to make building rakefiles easier. OPTIONS
--version Display the program version. -C --classic-namespace Put Task and FileTask in the top level namespace -D [PATTERN] --describe [PATTERN] Describe the tasks (matching optional PATTERN), then exit. -E CODE --execute-continue CODE Execute some Ruby code, then continue with normal task processing. -G --no-system --nosystem Use standard project Rakefile search paths, ignore system wide rakefiles. -I LIBDIR --libdir LIBDIR Include LIBDIR in the search path for required modules. -N --no-search --nosearch Do not search parent directories for the Rakefile. -P --prereqs Display the tasks and dependencies, then exit. -R RAKELIBDIR --rakelib RAKELIBDIR --rakelibdir RAKELIBDIR Auto-import any .rake files in RAKELIBDIR. (default is rakelib ) -T [PATTERN] --tasks [PATTERN] Display the tasks (matching optional PATTERN) with descriptions, then exit. -e CODE --execute CODE Execute some Ruby code and exit. -f FILE --rakefile FILE Use FILE as the rakefile. -h --help Prints a summary of options. -g --system Using system wide (global) rakefiles (usually ~/.rake/*.rake ). -n --dry-run Do a dry run without executing actions. -p CODE --execute-print CODE Execute some Ruby code, print the result, then exit. -q --quiet Do not log messages to standard output. -r MODULE --require MODULE Require MODULE before executing rakefile. -s --silent Like --quiet, but also suppresses the 'in directory' announcement. -t --trace Turn on invoke/execute tracing, enable full backtrace. -v --verbose Log message to standard output (default). --rules Trace the rules resolution. SEE ALSO
ruby(1) make(1) http://rake.rubyforge.org/ REPORTING BUGS
Bugs, features requests and other issues can be logged at <http://onestepback.org/redmine/projects/show/rake>. You will need an account to before you can post issues. Register at <http://onestepback.org/redmine/account/register>. Or you can send an email to the author. AUTHOR
Rake is written by Jim Weirich <jim@weirichhouse.org> UNIX
November 7, 2012 UNIX