Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Request to check: compare two files , match same entries, write data before it Post 302675191 by Scrutinizer on Sunday 22nd of July 2012 06:16:35 AM
Old 07-22-2012
Not only between gene names. Take for example line 3 of the 2nd file. Here column2 appears to consist of two words. How do we know which word belongs to which column?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to check: Not printing all entries

Dear all, I am facing one problem in my input file there are many Entries which starts from *FIELD * AV (checked the attached file) I want all the entries in the output file which start from *FIELD * AV I have written this programm but its not printing all the entries with *FIELD... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to check: find common and write before it

Hi all, I have 2 big files with such kind of inputs File I File II I want the output file shuld contain Please let me knw scripting regarind this (1 Reply)
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to check remove duplicates but write before it

Hi alll I have a file with following kind input I want in output duplicates should not be there but there should be numbering mentioned before that like (4 Replies)
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to check:remove duplicates and write sytematically

Hi all I have a file with following input It contains 5 columns gene name drug drug ID disease approved Now the same gene is repeated many times with different data in column2,3 ,4,5 I want to arrange dat in such a way that there shuld be one entry in the column(no... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files and match column data and align data from 3 column

Hello experts, Please help me in achieving this in an easier way possible. I have 2 csv files with following data: File1 08/23/2012 12:35:47,JOB_5330 08/23/2012 12:35:47,JOB_5330 08/23/2012 12:36:09,JOB_5340 08/23/2012 12:36:14,JOB_5340 08/23/2012 12:36:22,JOB_5350 08/23/2012... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to check:Fetch certain entries

Hi all. Kindly check it it's urgent!! I have one big file from which which I have to fetch certain data I have attached a small part of this file. from the attached file, I have to fetch and arrange data in 3 columns 1 Generic name 2. Brand names 3. Drug... (10 Replies)
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files and write data to second file using awk

Hi Guys, I wanted to compare a delimited file and positional file, for a particular key files and if it matches then append the positional file with some data. Example: Delimited File -------------- Byer;Amy;NONE1;A5218257;E5218257 Byer;Amy;NONE1;A5218260;E5218260 Positional File... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajay Venkatesan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files of csv file and match column data and create a new csv file of them

Hi, I am newbie in shell script. I need your help to solve my problem. Firstly, I have 2 files of csv and i want to compare of the contents then the output will be written in a new csv file. File1: SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0713.JPG,2015:02:17 11:14:07... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare data - Match first column and compare second

Hi guys, looking for some help with a way to compare data in two files but with some conditions. example, File 1 consists of site1,10.1.1.1 site2,20.2.2.2 site3,30.3.3.3 File 2 contains site1,l0.1.1.1 site2,50.1.1.1 site3,30.3.3.3 site4,40.1.1.1 I want to be able to match the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mutley2202
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Data match 2 files based on first 2 columns matching only and join if match

Hi, i have 2 files , the data i need to match is in masterfile and i need to pull out column 3 from master if column 1 and 2 match and output entire row to new file I have tried with join and awk and i keep getting blank outputs or same file is there an easier way than what i am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: axis88
4 Replies
COMM(1) 							   User Commands							   COMM(1)

NAME
comm - compare two sorted files line by line SYNOPSIS
comm [OPTION]... FILE1 FILE2 DESCRIPTION
Compare sorted files FILE1 and FILE2 line by line. With no options, produce three-column output. Column one contains lines unique to FILE1, column two contains lines unique to FILE2, and column three contains lines common to both files. -1 suppress column 1 (lines unique to FILE1) -2 suppress column 2 (lines unique to FILE2) -3 suppress column 3 (lines that appear in both files) --check-order check that the input is correctly sorted, even if all input lines are pairable --nocheck-order do not check that the input is correctly sorted --output-delimiter=STR separate columns with STR --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit Note, comparisons honor the rules specified by 'LC_COLLATE'. EXAMPLES
comm -12 file1 file2 Print only lines present in both file1 and file2. comm -3 file1 file2 Print lines in file1 not in file2, and vice versa. GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report comm translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> AUTHOR
Written by Richard M. Stallman and David MacKenzie. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
join(1), uniq(1) The full documentation for comm is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and comm programs are properly installed at your site, the command info coreutils 'comm invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 8.22 June 2014 COMM(1)