Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Request to check: compare two files , match same entries, write data before it Post 302675189 by manigrover on Sunday 22nd of July 2012 06:11:36 AM
Old 07-22-2012
request to check

Hi

The second file is text file containing data as it is as mentioned here. I m not sure whethere there are more than one columns but yeah there is space beween different gene names and it seems there are more than one column.because of some problem in Im not able to check this now.Mani

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to check: Not printing all entries

Dear all, I am facing one problem in my input file there are many Entries which starts from *FIELD * AV (checked the attached file) I want all the entries in the output file which start from *FIELD * AV I have written this programm but its not printing all the entries with *FIELD... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to check: find common and write before it

Hi all, I have 2 big files with such kind of inputs File I File II I want the output file shuld contain Please let me knw scripting regarind this (1 Reply)
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to check remove duplicates but write before it

Hi alll I have a file with following kind input I want in output duplicates should not be there but there should be numbering mentioned before that like (4 Replies)
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to check:remove duplicates and write sytematically

Hi all I have a file with following input It contains 5 columns gene name drug drug ID disease approved Now the same gene is repeated many times with different data in column2,3 ,4,5 I want to arrange dat in such a way that there shuld be one entry in the column(no... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files and match column data and align data from 3 column

Hello experts, Please help me in achieving this in an easier way possible. I have 2 csv files with following data: File1 08/23/2012 12:35:47,JOB_5330 08/23/2012 12:35:47,JOB_5330 08/23/2012 12:36:09,JOB_5340 08/23/2012 12:36:14,JOB_5340 08/23/2012 12:36:22,JOB_5350 08/23/2012... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to check:Fetch certain entries

Hi all. Kindly check it it's urgent!! I have one big file from which which I have to fetch certain data I have attached a small part of this file. from the attached file, I have to fetch and arrange data in 3 columns 1 Generic name 2. Brand names 3. Drug... (10 Replies)
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files and write data to second file using awk

Hi Guys, I wanted to compare a delimited file and positional file, for a particular key files and if it matches then append the positional file with some data. Example: Delimited File -------------- Byer;Amy;NONE1;A5218257;E5218257 Byer;Amy;NONE1;A5218260;E5218260 Positional File... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajay Venkatesan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files of csv file and match column data and create a new csv file of them

Hi, I am newbie in shell script. I need your help to solve my problem. Firstly, I have 2 files of csv and i want to compare of the contents then the output will be written in a new csv file. File1: SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0713.JPG,2015:02:17 11:14:07... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare data - Match first column and compare second

Hi guys, looking for some help with a way to compare data in two files but with some conditions. example, File 1 consists of site1,10.1.1.1 site2,20.2.2.2 site3,30.3.3.3 File 2 contains site1,l0.1.1.1 site2,50.1.1.1 site3,30.3.3.3 site4,40.1.1.1 I want to be able to match the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mutley2202
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Data match 2 files based on first 2 columns matching only and join if match

Hi, i have 2 files , the data i need to match is in masterfile and i need to pull out column 3 from master if column 1 and 2 match and output entire row to new file I have tried with join and awk and i keep getting blank outputs or same file is there an easier way than what i am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: axis88
4 Replies
PGASetRealInitRange(2)						      PGAPack						    PGASetRealInitRange(2)

NAME
PGASetRealInitRange - sets the upper and lower bounds for randomly initializing real-valued genes. DESCRIPTION
For each gene these bounds define an interval from which the initial allele value is selected uniformly randomly. The user specifies two arrays containing lower and bound for each gene to define the interval. This is the default strategy for initializing real-valued strings. The default interval is $[0,1.0]$ for each gene. INPUT PARAMETERS
ctx - context variable min - array containing the lower bound of the interval for each gene mac - array containing the upper bound of the interval for each gene OUTPUT PARAMETERS
none SYNOPSIS
#include "pgapack.h" void PGASetRealInitRange(ctx, min, max) PGAContext *ctx double *min double *max LOCATION
real.c EXAMPLE
Set the initialization routines to select a value for each real-valued gene i uniformly randomly from the interval [-10.,i] Assumes all strings are of the same length. PGAContext *ctx; double *low, *high; int i, stringlen; : stringlen = PGAGetStringLength(ctx); low = (double *) malloc(stringlen*sizeof(double)); high = (double *) malloc(stringlen*sizeof(double)); for(i=0;i<stringlen;i++) { low[i] = -10.0; high[i] = i; } PGASetRealInitRange(ctx, low, high); 05/01/95 PGASetRealInitRange(2)