Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Licenses of SunOS 4.1.4 and System V R4 Post 302674911 by gull04 on Friday 20th of July 2012 07:22:17 PM
Old 07-20-2012
Hi anapplegeek,

These source code sets are almost certainly subject to some license restrictions, SunOS 4.1.4 is property of Oracle Corp. The SVR4 code will also belong to someone, there were several vendors that produced variants of SVR4, I have used it on DG, Pyramid and Siemens Nixdorf equipment.

I don't think that there would be a problem downloading the source, I also suspect that were you to search the code and find the vendor - there wouldn't be a problem getting permission to use it.

But in a case like this I'd say it's probably better safe than sorry - ask the vendor. The worst thing that they can do is say no!

Regards

Dave

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

adding licenses

Hi ppl, Need help setting licenses! When I add licenses with lit_tty, it says: Duplicate of Feature FTAM Version 9.000 found in file /etc/opt/licenses/licenses_combined. Duplicate of Feature FTAM Version 9.000 found in file /opt/SUNWconn/license_dir/osiftm9.0.lic,1. Rereading License File... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andryk
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Migration of binary file from Sunos 5.8 to Sunos 5.9

I have compiled binary file using "cc" on SunOS 5.8 and the same binary file i have copied to SunOS 5.9 and it is giving me core dump error.I want to know whether migration of compiled code from lower version to higer version created this problem. how can i solve this problem.I am pasting the core... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arvind Maurya
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rlogin - licenses

Hi I was just wondering When a rlogin occurs does it use a "user license" on the host system ? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: belfastbelle
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

Spacewalk. Problem with adding SunOS system

Hello i tryed add SunOS system to Spacewalk and see this error: # cat /etc/release Solaris 10 10/08 s10s_u6wos_07b SPARC Copyright 2008 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Use is subject to license terms. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set system date to some date (Sunos)

I am testing a script and need to change the system date to Nov 30 2009. I cannot seem to find a way to do this other than TZ command but it does not seem to work correctly. I tried TZ=GMT+168 date but it is returning todays date Mon Dec 7 19:48:11 GMT 2009 ...instead of Nov 30 2009 I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanton
4 Replies

6. Solaris

What is the replace of system call sigblock on sunOS 5.10

Hi: I have some old code need to be compiled - which include a system call, the function name is: sigblock like: ..... int holdnum = sigblock(sigmask(SIGCHLD)); .... but the compiler told me the sigblock cannot be found even I include signal.h. Looks like it is depricated - but I need to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sean88z
1 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Opensource licenses?

Someone was asking the below on our mailing list and i thought of sharing with you guys, what do you think? P.S: if this is the wrong forum i couldn't find something related to 'opensource' as main forum so i posted here, moderators feel free to move. Hello, I want to opensource something... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bashar
1 Replies
MASSAGEVENDOR(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  MASSAGEVENDOR(8)

NAME
massagevendor - convert the ethernet vendor codes master list to arpwatch format SYNOPSIS
massagevendor vendorfile DESCRIPTION
massagevendor is a program that converts a text file containing ethernet vendor codes into a format suitable for use by arpwatch(8) and arpsnmp(8). The input vendorfile is a master text file containing vendor codes. The output is sent to stdout. Each line of the vendorfile is expected to have a six digit hexadecimal vendor code followed by spaces followed by the name of the manufacturer. All ethernet devices have a unique identifier which includes a vendor code specifying the manufacturer of the device. In normal operation arpwatch(8) and arpsnmp(8) use the file ethercodes.dat to report this vendor code. massagevendor is used to generate the ethercodes.dat file from text files containing these vendor codes. Locations where an ethernet vendor codes master text file can be obtained are given below. FILES
/usr/share/arpwatch - default location of the ethernet vendor list ethercodes.dat - file containing the list of ethernet vendor codes SEE ALSO
arpwatch(8), arpsnmp(8) NOTES
Sources for ethernet vendor codes seen in the wild are http://map-ne.com/Ethernet/vendor.html ftp://ftp.cavebear.com/pub/Ethernet.txt http://www.cavebear.com/CaveBear/Ethernet/vendor.html Useful for comparison or completeness are the ethernet vendor codes as assigned by the IEEE which can be found at http://standards.ieee.org/regauth/oui/oui.txt BUGS
Please send bug reports to arpwatch@ee.lbl.gov. AUTHORS
Craig Leres of the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory Network Research Group, University of California, Berkeley, CA. The current version is available via anonymous ftp: ftp://ftp.ee.lbl.gov/arpwatch.tar.gz This manual page was contributed by Hugo Graumann. MASSAGEVENDOR(8)