Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: CRON on Unix Server
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users CRON on Unix Server Post 302674643 by Pash on Friday 20th of July 2012 06:49:21 AM
Old 07-20-2012
Don't worry about root login.. I will get that....Can you give the command for the listing all the CRONS..........

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CRON Job - saving to a different server?

Thanks for the all the help last evening on CRON jobs. It's now working. Is it possible with cron to save a backup of a file to a different server or location? The idea being that if one host goes arse over tit, I'll have a backup of the DB on another server? Many thanks, Ed Ludlow (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eludlow
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Server moved, new IP, broken CRON job

Due to downsizing and attrition, I have inherited SysAdmin tasks, but unfortunately not all the required knowledge and skills came to me along with the assignment -> so I appreciate any advice and help ( be patient with my newbie terms and questions). We moved a central server and changed it's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HikerLT
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect unix server to unix server through shell scripts

Hi, I would like to connect UNIX server to UNIX server through shell scripts and i have some concepts . But i am totally confused how to connect UNIX server to UNIX server throuth running a script. It will be greatful to me if any buddy will help me. Thanks in advance. Phatan:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phatan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect unix server to unix server through shell scripts

Hi, I would like to connect UNIX server to UNIX server through shell scripts and i have some concepts . But i am totally confused how to connect UNIX server to UNIX server throuth running a script. It will be greatful to me if any buddy will help me. with simple example please. Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phatan
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cron jobs in a unix server

Dear all, Is it possible to view all the cronjobs set under all the userids in a server. Or view all the cronjobs in the server? Thanks in anticipation, Sree. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sreejith_VK
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To copy a file from one unix server to another unix server through scripts

I am getting the fallowing error when i am trying to execute the scp commomd in shell script warning: You have no controlling tty. Cannot read confirmation. warning: Authentication failed. Disconnected; key exchange or algorithm negotiation failed (Key exchange failed.). scp2: warning: ssh2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manit
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to multiple unix server from unix server using shell script

Hi Gurus, I'm a unix newbie and I would like to connect to multiple unix servers from unix server using shell script i.e from server a to server b,c,d etc. I want to copy the files from unix server a to server b, c, d. I can access staright using ssh without the need to have password and user... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sexyTrojan
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Keep Server Alive with Cron Job

Despite my best efforts, my media streaming server still dies sometimes and I am in a random place trying to ssh into the server to restart it on my cell phone after customers start calling.... I tried using google to track down a script that would do the following Every 5 min execute: sudo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajhalls
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and delete files and folders which are n days older from one unix server to another unix server

Hi All, Let me know how can i find and delete files from one unix server to another unix server which are 'N' days older. Please note that I need to delete files on remote unix server.So, probably i will need to use sftp, but question is how can i identify files and folders which are 'N'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinkl
2 Replies
CRON-APT(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       CRON-APT(8)

NAME
cron-apt -- program to update the system using apt-get SYNOPSIS
cron-apt [configfile] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the cron-apt command. cron-apt is a program that uses the information in /etc/cron-apt/action.d/ as arguments to apt-get line by line in file order. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the Info files. --help Show summary of options. CONFIGURATION
Configuration can be done by editing /etc/cron-apt/config and by adding rules to /etc/cron-apt/action.d/ The variables that you can set in /etc/cron-apt/config is documented in the configuration example in /usr/share/doc/cron-apt/examples/config From version 0.5.0 the optional FILTERCTRLM attribute is deprecated. SEE ALSO
apt-get (1) aptitude (1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Ola Lundqvist ola@inguza.com for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). This manual is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. CRON-APT(8)