Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find logs between two timestamp Post 302674229 by pamu on Thursday 19th of July 2012 07:52:29 AM
Old 07-19-2012
Code:
sed -n '/16 Jul 2012 11:46:45,628/,/16 Jul 2012 11:47:45,650/p' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a value and the previous timestamp

Hi, I need to do a script that find a specific data in var_5 and also the previous timestamp. This is the file I have: var_1=data1 var_2=data2 var_3=data3 var_4=data4 var_5=data5 var_6=data6 var_7=data7 RESULT PRINTOUTS: 6404 var_1=data8 var_2=data9 var_3=data10 var_4=data11... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gcsilva
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find logs

hi friends, how do i modify the "find" command to search for large files with *.log extension along with a mtime parameter for files that are 30days, 1yr, 2yr old . please help my dear friends, thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cromohawk
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to grep the logs for two particular timestamp

Hi, could anyone help me out how to write a script, to grep the two timestamp from a particular file, so that it will list out all the logs between the particular timestamp I have a pattern of log: servicename operationname starttime endtime eg., servicename1 operationname1 01:11:11... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacktolearn
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find out the logs count

Hi, I am using the below command to find out the mail logs which will grep the repeated message ids: less /var/log/messages |awk '{print +$6}'| sort | uniq -c | sort -nr OUTPUT: 506 1246382279 404 1246373467 303 1246383457 303 1246382268 300 1246379705 202... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find latest set of logs among new and old

Hi All I am writing a script which will select the latest logs (which are generated every night via a script) among old one and new. Script generates set of 3 logs each time it runs. Example : log-WedJun082011_bkt1.log log-WedJun082011_bkt2.log log-WedJun082011_bkt3.log I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ratneshnagori
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find last executed timestamp

Hi, on our hp-ux box we have 100s of shell scripts in a bin folder. Now i have to figure out which scripts are not being used at all. The timestamp for these are the ones when they were promoted to this 'bin' folder. Now, how can I find when was the last time each of these scripts were run? I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysrini
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append timestamp in the filenames using find?

Hi, How to change the filenames with timestamp in sub folders I have the following code to select the records. find . -type f -name '*pqr*' -ctime 1 -print The following is the example app_root_dir="/`echo $ScriptDir | cut -d'/' -f2`" $app_root_dir/../BadFiles directory uvw.bad... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbygsk
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Find zipped logs?

from time to time, I received an alert, let's call it "alert_name"but in order to run the script that loads the missing data, I need to check firs if the logs have been zipped out, how can I do this? I Know: 1.- Name of the alert. 2.- Server where it runs. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JLo5621
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need logs between timestamp

Hi, I need to count the number of lines wc command for next 12 hrs in the log file given the starting time in the log (hello.log) looks like the below. 135.63.34.29 - - "POST /ShopCart/MyBest HTTP/1.1" 200 6310 130.15.126.22 - - "POST /ShopCart/MyBest HTTP/1.1" 200 4021 130.18.16.2 - - ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashare.ahmed
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files and sort by timestamp

Used below command to get list of files sorted by timestamp find -L . -type f -name '*dat*' | xargs ls -ltrg I want to get only the filenames so I tried adding basename but it doenst work , can some one advise on how to get only file name (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lalitpct
1 Replies
Moose::Autobox::Code(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Moose::Autobox::Code(3pm)

NAME
Moose::Autobox::Code - the Code role SYNOPOSIS
use Moose::Autobox; my $adder = sub { $_[0] + $_[1] }; my $add_2 = $adder->curry(2); $add_2->(2); # returns 4 # create a recursive subroutine # using the Y combinator *factorial = sub { my $f = shift; sub { my $n = shift; return 1 if $n < 2; return $n * $f->($n - 1); } }->y; factorial(10) # returns 3628800 DESCRIPTION
This is a role to describe operations on the Code type. METHODS
curry (@values) rcurry (@values) conjoin (&sub) disjoin (&sub) compose (@subs) This will take a list of @subs and compose them all into a single subroutine where the output of one sub will be the input of another. y This implements the Y combinator. u This implements the U combinator. meta SEE ALSO
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fixed_point_combinator> http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/20469 <http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/20469> BUGS
All complex software has bugs lurking in it, and this module is no exception. If you find a bug please either email me, or add the bug to cpan-RT. AUTHOR
Stevan Little <stevan@iinteractive.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2006-2008 by Infinity Interactive, Inc. <http://www.iinteractive.com> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-20 Moose::Autobox::Code(3pm)