Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Regex based Rule engine.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Regex based Rule engine. Post 302673823 by balajesuri on Wednesday 18th of July 2012 12:30:48 PM
Old 07-18-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dikesm
We need to make a regexp based rule engine
Why do you want to re-invent the wheel? Perl has a very powerful regex engine. You may use Perl.
This User Gave Thanks to balajesuri For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting the differences based on a specific rule

Hi, I've been trying to create a perl file to run something very specific. But I'm not getting any success. I'm not very good with hashing. I have a file with two columns (tab separated) (already sorted) 99890 + 100281 + 104919 - 109672 + 113428 - 114501 + 115357 + 115598 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: labrazil
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in splitiing file based on regex using awk/nawk

I have a file tmp.txt as shown below: Controller: 0 Disk: 0.0.0 Disk: 0.1.0 Disk: 0.2.0 Controller: 1 Volume:c1t2d0 Disk: 0.0.0 Disk: 0.1.0 Disk: 0.2.0 Controller: 2 Volume:c2t2d0 Disk: 0.2.0 Now I want to split... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: durbam2002
4 Replies

3. Web Development

Regex to rewrite URL to another URL based on HTTP_HOST?

I am trying to find a way to test some code, but I need to rewrite a specific URL only from a specific HTTP_HOST The call goes out to http://SUB.DOMAIN.COM/showAssignment/7bde10b45efdd7a97629ef2fe01f7303/jsmodule/Nevow.Athena The ID in the middle is always random due to the cookie. I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EXT3FSCK
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

generate a file from existing file based on some rule

Hi guys, i have a file in below format.let me explain first what i am trying to do . i am making a file from this file , will rearrange these columns, then i will run several command(start/stop mentioned in this file) on unix environment. my requirements : 1. i have 27 servers , on each server... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakiniimt
4 Replies

5. IP Networking

Facing issue in ip6table rule for port based routing management

Hi, Please help me on issue described below, I have 4 machine setup, M1 -> M2 -> M3 | M4. And A laptop that can be reachable through both M3 and M4. M2 has 2 NIC conected to M3 and M4. Now I want to divide the flow coming from M1 for laptop. At M2, I have done following,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulbhansali24
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to send lines of file to new file based on Regex

I have a file that looks like this: cat includes CORP-CRASHTEST-BU e:\crashplan\ CORP-TEST /usr/openv/java /usr/openv/logs /usr/openv/man CORP-LABS_TEST /usr/openv/java /usr/openv/logs /usr/openv/man What I want to do is make three new files with just those selections. So the three... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
4 Replies
PPI::Token::Regexp::Match(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    PPI::Token::Regexp::Match(3pm)

NAME
PPI::Token::Regexp::Match - A standard pattern match regex INHERITANCE
PPI::Token::Regexp::Match isa PPI::Token::Regexp isa PPI::Token isa PPI::Element SYNOPSIS
$text =~ m/match regexp/; $text =~ /match regexp/; DESCRIPTION
A "PPI::Token::Regexp::Match" object represents a single match regular expression. Just to be doubly clear, here are things that are and aren't considered a match regexp. # Is a match regexp /This is a match regexp/; m/Old McDonald had a farm/eieio; # These are NOT match regexp qr/This is a regexp quote-like operator/; s/This is a/replace regexp/; METHODS
There are no methods available for "PPI::Token::Regexp::Match" beyond those provided by the parent PPI::Token::Regexp, PPI::Token and PPI::Element classes. Got any ideas for methods? Submit a report to rt.cpan.org! SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.10.1 2011-02-26 PPI::Token::Regexp::Match(3pm)