Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Oracle/Xen/OVM/OCFS2/Multipath/SAN Problems Post 302673579 by pludi on Wednesday 18th of July 2012 05:46:25 AM
Old 07-18-2012
@bartus
Ad 1) Yes, for the past 2 weeks
Ad 2) We removed an empty OVM repository and the associated LUN

@radoulov
I'll try to get the contents of the messages file from around the incident(s) (it's currently around 650M, so I won't post it all)
EDIT: Added the contents of syslog from the three cluster nodes.

Last edited by pludi; 07-18-2012 at 07:01 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to configure my SAN with Sun V880 servers to run Oracle 9i

Hi: I am in the process of configuring the SAN for Solaris to host 6 oracle 9i databases. We have 30 -146 GB disks stiped with RAID 10 for SAN. Of which 11 are dedicated for databsaes related things. Then we have 2 v880 Sun Servers with 16 -73 GB disks and 24 GB memory. The questions... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oracle_dba
1 Replies

2. AIX

urgent problems with ESS SAN, SDD upgrade on AIX 5.3 server

Hi all, Sorry if this is in the wrong place but needed to make sure lots of people saw this so that hopefully someone will be able to help. Basically i've upgraded a test server from 4.3 to 5.3 TL04. The server has hdisk0 and 1 as rootvg locally but then has another vg setup on our ESS... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: djdavies
5 Replies

3. AIX

AIX SAN configuration problems/oddity

Hi, I have a strange problem. we're trying to connect an IBM pseries, to a Brocade switch, for SAN acess, using a badged emulex card, (IBM FC6239) WE can configure the device to see the fabric. The only problem we have is that the Brocade sees the HBA as storage, and not as a HBA. We've zoned... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praxis22
1 Replies

4. AIX

Problems AIX and SAN.

Sorry for my english. We have a IBM BLADES JS21. AIX 5.3 update to 6. Our JS21 has 2 FC (fcs0 and fcs1). We have one DS4072, one Disk system with 2 controllers and 2 FC by controllers. This means, all AIX FC see all Disk systems controllers by 2 FC switchs. (one fc two roads) FC AIX... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fjgonzalez
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Oracle backup failures after SAN change.

Hi, We are moving the RMAN oracle backup to tape on daily basis.After they went for SAN change in the solaris server , we started receiveing ora-600 errors and backup is getting fails. I am from Oracle DBA team.I need to know whether any command for check SAN change or root cause for this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nokiae63
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Oracle VM / T3 SAN or Local for LDOMS?

I have some T3's we just purchased and we are looking to carve these up into LDOMS's. Just wondering if anyone can give me a quick run down or pro / cons on SAN vs local internal for the LDOM itself. These will external SAN storage for their applications. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlouki01
0 Replies

7. Linux

Oracle Linux 7.1 Multipath

Need attach Oracle Linux 7.1 to IBM Storage DS5300 in AIX use sddpcm package for storage driver, but in oracle linux i can not find similar driver in IBM site. Someone confronted with a like case ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: penchev
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris SAN Storage Multipath and Messages Check Script

Hi everybody, i am working on the new script , its job discover the Storage Env ( especially MultiPATH ) and FC cards for solaris 11 sparc systems for now.. script is seem working ( but may contain any mistakes or bug ) on the oracle Qlogic fc cards on Emc_VMAx systems and Solaris 11 Sparc_64... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ygemici
0 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Suggestion on running critical Oracle DBs on OVM

Hello, We have few critical databases running on T series servers. Setup consists of LDOMS and zonemanager running on them and databases are running on their zones. We want to get away from this setup and looking for alternate solution to run our Oracle databases. One option is OVM from Oracle.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
7 Replies
cmdisklock(1m)															    cmdisklock(1m)

NAME
cmdisklock - manage Serviceguard cluster lock devices. SYNOPSIS
cmdisklock check path cmdisklock [-f] reset path DESCRIPTION
cmdisklock is a tool to check the current state of a Serviceguard cluster lock device. It can also be used to reset the state of the clus- ter lock device. The need to reset the cluster lock device state could arise if the cluster lock device is replaced or becomes corrupt. A cluster lock device can be either an HP-UX LVM cluster lock or a cluster lock LUN device. HP-UX LVM cluster locks exist only on a disk in an LVM volume group. Cluster lock LUNs exist only on disks dedicated to cluster lock. cmdisklock is useful for checking either type of cluster lock and for re-initializing cluster lock LUN devices after a failure or corruption. NOTE To restore an HP-UX LVM cluster lock, use vgcfgrestore. cmdisklock will fail until vgcfgrestore is run, and cmdisklock is unnecessary as long as vgcfgbackup was done after the cluster lock was initialized. See the Managing Serviceguard manual for details. The syntax of the path option depends on the type of lock. For HP-UX LVM cluster lock disks, the syntax is VG:PV (for example: /dev/vglock:/dev/dsk/c0t0d2). For cluster lock LUN disks, the path is the disk device path. For example, /dev/sdd1 (on Linux) or /dev/dsk/c0t1d2 (on HP-UX). Options cmdisklock supports the following options: check Check the current state of the cluster lock device and report the results. reset Reset (initialize) the state of the cluster lock device. This operation should only be performed on a cluster lock LUN device. For HP-UX LVM cluster lock, use vgcfgrestore as documented in the Managing Serviceguard manual. After performing a reset, a check can be used to verify that the lock is cleared. EXAMPLES
If the cluster lock LUN device becomes corrupted and the cluster is up, messages like the following will appear in syslog. Mar 15 12:20:41 usb cmdisklockd[17599]: WARNING: Cluster lock LUN /dev/dsk/c0t1d2 is corrupt: bad label. Until this situation is cor- rected, a single failure could cause all nodes in the cluster to crash. Mar 15 12:20:41 usb cmdisklockd[17599]: After ensuring that all active nodes in the cluster have logged this message, run 'cmdisklock reset /dev/dsk/c0t1d2' to repair Mar 15 12:20:41 usb cmdisklockd[17599]: Cluster lock disk /dev/dsk/c0t1d2 is inaccessible Once the above messages appear in syslog on all running nodes, the following command will re-initialize the cluster lock LUN: ucd:/> cmdisklock reset /dev/dsk/c0t1d2 WARNING: Cluster lock LUN /dev/dsk/c0t1d2 is corrupt: bad label. Until this situation is corrected, a single failure could cause all nodes in the cluster to crash. After ensuring that all active nodes in the cluster have logged this message, run 'cmdisklock reset /dev/dsk/c0t1d2' to repair /dev/dsk/c0t1d2 is inaccessible Resetting cluster lock device /dev/dsk/c0t1d2 Cluster lock reset completed /dev/dsk/c0t1d2 is accessible cleared After the lock is restored, a message like the following appears in syslog: Mar 15 12:23:11 usb cmdisklockd[17599]: Cluster lock disk /dev/dsk/c0t1d2 is accessible WARNINGS
CAUTION For cluster lock LUN, reset is a potentially destructive operation. While cmdisklock checks for known volume manager and file system use (overridden by -f), it does not validate that the device to be reset is actually used by any cluster. If -f is used on the wrong device file, loss of data may result. CAUTION Care should be taken when doing a reset when the cluster is active as there is a remote possibility that the cluster will partition right when this command is run and both nodes could end up thinking they have successfully acquired the lock. To avoid this situation, make sure cmcld has logged a message in syslog on all running nodes saying the device is inaccessble, before performing a reset. Note that it is safe to run cmdisklock when the cluster is down. RETURN VALUE
cmdisklock returns the following values: 0 Successful completion. 1 The disk is inaccessible or is not recognized as a cluster lock. AUTHOR
cmdisklock was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
cmapplyconf(1m), cmviewcl(1m), vgcfgbackup(1m), vgcfgrestore(1m) Requires Optional Serviceguard Software cmdisklock(1m)