Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell script to alert if a file has been modified Post 302673551 by d8011 on Wednesday 18th of July 2012 05:11:50 AM
Old 07-18-2012
shell script to alert if a file has been modified

Hi ,

I want a script who will send alert the moment someone edit any file in a directory in LINUX. Can some one throw some light on this please.!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to retrieve original contents of a modified file (modified using vi)

Made changes to a file using vi editor and saved those changes now realised that the changes are not required How can I get the previous version of the file.i.e the one which was there on which I had made changes (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: novice100
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding modified File List after the chosen date in Korne Shell...

I am trying to write a Korne Shell asking the user for a date and a directory and then search recursively in this directory the list of files modified after the date chosen. But I am not getting good results when I Test it... #!/usr/bin/ksh echo "Enter a date (YYYYMMDD) " read date touch -t... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marconi
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find out 2 last modified files in a folder..PLZ HELP!!!!!!!!!

hi all, I need to find out the last 2 modified files in a folder.There is some way by which,we can check the timestamp and find out..??please help this is urgent. Thanks in Advance Anju (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anju
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Modified : Alert me

I would like to alert myself when a file has been modified using a script but im not sure where to begin the only command i can think to use is the touch command (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: StrengthThaDon
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write a shell script that print the last modified file ?

Hi guys, -could any one help me with this (I'm new to UNIX) how to write a shell script that tell me the last modified file in the current directory? so if I run the script in a diferent directory,will work. and can I write the script by C++ language and run it in the shell ? I tried... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: FunnyWolF
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Send a mail when a shell script is modified

I would like to know, whether is there any command/tool in Linux (something like Oracle Trigger function) to send a mail if a particular shell script has been modified with details like, modification time, modified by, etc. Thanking in advance, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to use the last modified filename in a variable

Forgive me if this is a trivial question, but I haven't been able to find the answer to this. Basically I've got a list of files in a particular directory that have the general form t_*.dat. (I have other files in the same directory as well). Essentially what I want to do is obtain the name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check for the file existence, if file exists it should echo the no of modified days

Hi, I am looking for a shell script with the following. 1. It should check whether a particular file exists in a location #!/bin/sh if ; then echo "xxx.txt File Exists" else echo "File Not Found" fi 2. If file exists, it should check for the modified date and run a command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikeyan_mac
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to FTP a modified file

Hello, I am fairly new to shell scripting. I see a lot of examples out there of how to find if a file has been modified within a certain period of time. What I'm looking for help with is a script that will run and I'm thinking check for the last 24 hours but if not just check at runtime to see... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: PyroPlasm
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for alert

Hi Experts, Im new in shell script , please help to achieve the below requirement, We have some replication setup in unix server, in that if there is any exception or error occurs immediately the rep_exception.log will have the exception detail, this log will be updated if any error occurs no... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandiyan
8 Replies
alert(3alleg4)							  Allegro manual						    alert(3alleg4)

NAME
alert - Displays a popup alert box. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int alert(const char *s1, *s2, *s3, const char *b1, *b2, int c1, c2); DESCRIPTION
Displays a popup alert box, containing three lines of text (s1-s3), and with either one or two buttons. The text for these buttons is passed in `b1' and `b2' (`b2' may be NULL), and the keyboard shortcuts in `c1' and `c2' as ASCII value. Example: if (!exists(CONFIG_FILE)) alert(CONFIG_FILE, "not found.", "Using defaults.", "&Continue", NULL, 'c', 0); RETURN VALUE
Returns 1 or 2 depending on which button was clicked. If the alert is dismissed by pressing ESC when ESC is not one of the keyboard short- cuts, it treats it as a click on the second button (this is consistent with the common "Ok", "Cancel" alert). SEE ALSO
alert3(3alleg4), gui_fg_color(3alleg4), exgui(3alleg4), expackf(3alleg4), exspline(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 alert(3alleg4)