Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to sort by complex algorithm Post 302673417 by mlaiti on Tuesday 17th of July 2012 11:42:46 PM
Old 07-18-2012
Many, many thanks.
I have a last question :
In real case, I will compare "1:m" with input line begining with "m" ( not equal to "m")
how can I do it ?
This is my last question and thank you very much

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Feedback algorithm

Hi I search an exemple of scheduling Feedback algorithm, or help about how to create one. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: messier79
0 Replies

2. Programming

Algorithm problem

Looking for an algorithm to compute the number of days between two given dates I came across a professor's C program located here: http://cr.yp.to/2001-275/struct1.c I was wondering if anyone could tell me where the value 678882 in the line int d = dateday - 678882; comes from and also the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: williamf
1 Replies

3. Programming

FTP's algorithm

what algorithm a FTP application uses i mean whn implemented in socket programming..if you could give a little decription (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: toughguy2handle
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

algorithm

PID USERNAME SIZE RSS STATE PRI NICE TIME CPU PROCESS/NLWP 21444 tomusr 213M 61M sleep 29 10 1:20:46 0.1% java/43 21249 root 93M 44M sleep 29 10 1:07:19 0.2% java/56 is there anyway i can use a command to get the total of the SIZE? 306M (Derive from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: filthymonk
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Algorithm In Pseudocode

A) produce an algorithm in pseudocode and a flowchart that gets n from the user and calculate their sum. B) Write an algorithm in pseudocode and a flowchart that gets number x from he user and calculates x5 ( X to the power of %5). Calculate by using multiplication. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: delsega
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Figure out complex sort

This is an extension to a question that was earlier posted on this forum: I have task in which I need to pickup a set of files from a directory depending on the following criteria: Every month 6 files are expected to arrive at /test. The files come with date timestamp and the latest file set... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: w020637
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort complex data

Hi, Can someone here help sorting the following data in numeric order? INPUT: FIRST abc(3) def(13) fgh(1) ijk(6) abc(2) SECOND dfe(10) abc(4) hij(19) tlm(1) hij(1) hub(10) abc(1) fed(3) OTHERS hij(10) mok(4) bub(19) hij(1) abc(2) abc(15) abc(1) hij(3) OUTPUT: FIRST def(13) ijk(6)... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: need_help
12 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort directory with complex numeric file names

I have a directory with a large number (1000s) of files and I need to produce a file listing all the files in the directory ordered "properly" (properly will be explained shortly). The files have the following naming pattern: bul_13_5_228_b.txt bul_1_3_57.txt bul_13_6_229.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fdsayre
2 Replies

9. Programming

Please help me to develop algorithm

Hi guys , in my study book from which I re-learn C is task to generate all possible characters combination from numbers entered by the user. I know this algorithm must use combinatorics to calculate all permutations. Problem is how to implement algortihm. // This program reads the four numbers... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Masking algorithm

I have a requirement of masking few specific fields in the UNIX file. The details are as following- File is fixed length file with each record of 250 charater length. 2 fields needs to be masked – the positions are 21:30 and 110:120 The character by character making needs to be done which... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: n78298
5 Replies
PURITY(6)                                                          Games Manual                                                          PURITY(6)

NAME
purity - a general purpose purity test SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/purity [ flags ] [ testname ] DESCRIPTION
Purity is an interactive purity test program with a simple, user interface and datafile format. For each test, questions are printed to the your terminal, and you are prompted for an answer to the current question. At a prompt, these are your choices: y Answer "yes" to the question. n Answer "no" to the question. b Backup one question, if you answered it incorrectly, or someone is watching you take the test, and you don't (or do) want to admit a different answer. r Redraw the current question. q Quit the test, and print the current score. ? Print a help screen for the current prompt. k Kill a section of the test. This skips all the questions of the test until the next subject heading. a Toggle answer mode between real answers and obfuscated answers. Real answers print "yes" and "no", while obfuscated answers are "Maybe" and "maybe". Obfuscated answers are preferred if you are shy, and don't want people to be able to read your answers over your shoulder as you take the test. d Toggle dERanGe output. s Print your current score on the test you are taking. l Toggle score logging. At the end of the test, your score is printed out. For most purity tests, lower scores denote more "experience" of the test material. FLAGS
These are the command line flags for the test. -a Show real answers (i.e. "yes" and "no") instead of obfuscated ones (i.e. "Maybe" and "maybe") as you answer the questions. -d PrINt THe tESt in DerANgeD pRInT. -f Take the test in fast mode. Only the questions are printed, and not any other text blocks, like the introdution, subject headers, and the conclusion. -l Take the test without having your score logged. -p Print the test without prompting for answers. This is useful for making hard copies of the tests without having to edit out the prompts by hand. -r Decrypt the test using the Rot 13 algorithm. This is done as a form of "protection", such that if you read a rot13 test and it offends you, it's your own fault. -z zoom through more prompts in large text blocks. The default is to prompt the user for more when a screenful of text has been printed without any user input. DATAFILE FORMAT
The format of the datafiles is a very simple format, intended such that new tests can quickly and easily be converted to run with the test. There are four types of text in a purity test datafile. Each type is contained in a bracket type of punctuation. The definitions are as follows: the styles of text blocks are: { plain text block } [ subject header ] ( test question ) and < conclusion > Plain text blocks are printed out character for character. Subject headers are preceded by their subject numbers, starting at 1, and then printed as text blocks. Questions are preceded by their numbers, and then prompt the user to answer the question, keeping track of the user's current score. Conclusions first calculate and print the user's score for the test, then print out the conclusion as a text block. If you wish to include any of the various bracket punctuation in your text, the backslash ("") character will escape the next character. To print a question with parentheses, you would use the following format: (have you ever written a purity test (like this one)?) the output would be this: 1. have you ever written a purity test (like this one)? and then it would have asked the user for her/his answer. For a generic datafile, use the "sample" datafile for the test. FILES
/var/games/purity.scores the score logfile /usr/share/games/purity/* test data files AUTHOR
Eric Lechner, lechner@ucscb.ucsc.edu 18 December 1989 PURITY(6)