Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Check spelling between two files Post 302673151 by Scatterbrain26 on Tuesday 17th of July 2012 02:23:01 PM
Old 07-17-2012
Check spelling between two files

Hello, so I was wanting to find a way to check the spelling between two files to see if the terms in both were spelled correctly. However, this won't be for normal words, but for special terms, like "1732_1", to see if it is spelled the same way in one file as in the other, instead of "1732_1" in one file and "1735_1" in the other. The problem is that I have hundreds of these terms and have no way of doing this by eye. Thanks.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

spelling check program

hi, all well, it's about spelling check, give a list of words as command line parameters and determine if they are in the dictionary. > myDictionary hello helloi hello is in the dictionary helloi is not. if spell command is not allowed to use. could i use grep -c in this way? if the count... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hyo77
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a shell script to extract the files from source file and check whether those files existonserve

Hi, I am new to shell scripting.Please help me on this.I am using solaris 10 OS and shell i am using is # echo $0 -sh My requirement is i have source file say makefile.I need to extract files with extensions (.c |.cxx |.h |.hxx |.sc) from the makefile.after doing so i need to check whether... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl code to check date and check files in particular dir

Hi Experts, I am checking how to get day in Perl. If it is “Monday” I need to process…below is the pseudo code. Can you please prove the code for below condition. if (today=="Monday" ) { while (current_time LESS THAN 9:01 AM) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kindly check it: Camparison of files only column1 of 2 files

Hi all, I have 2 files in which i have to find commom entries in column 1 an dif soemthing is common write other data of both files in front of it mentioned. Gene symbol and disease name column 1 column2 ARFGEF2 CAD DDEF2 CAD PSCD3 CAD PSCD4 CAD CAMK1... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get CRC check sum of files in java EAR file without extracting .jar/.war files to disk.?

unzip -v gives CRC info of each file in a zip(in my case .EAR) file. # unzip -v my-application.ear Archive: my-application.ear Length Method Size Cmpr Date Time CRC-32 Name -------- ------ ------- ---- ---------- ----- -------- ---- 197981 Defl:N 183708 7%... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
1 Replies
ENCHANT_DICT_QUICK_CHECK(3)						 1					       ENCHANT_DICT_QUICK_CHECK(3)

enchant_dict_quick_check - Check the word is correctly spelled and provide suggestions

SYNOPSIS
bool enchant_dict_quick_check (resource $dict, string $word, [array &$suggestions]) DESCRIPTION
If the word is correctly spelled return TRUE, otherwise return FALSE, if suggestions variable is provided, fill it with spelling alterna- tives. PARAMETERS
o $dict - Dictionary resource o $word - The word to check o $suggestions - If the word is not correctly spelled, this variable will contain an array of suggestions. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE if the word is correctly spelled or FALSE EXAMPLES
Example #1 A enchant_dict_quick_check(3) example <?php $tag = 'en_US'; $r = enchant_broker_init(); if (enchant_broker_dict_exists($r,$tag)) { $d = enchant_broker_request_dict($r, $tag); enchant_dict_quick_check($d, 'soong', $suggs); print_r($suggs); } ?> The above example will output something similar to: Array ( [0] => song [1] => snog [2] => soon [3] => Sang [4] => Sung [5] => sang [6] => sung [7] => sponge [8] => spongy [9] => snag [10] => snug [11] => sonic [12] => sing [13] => songs [14] => Son [15] => Sonja [16] => Synge [17] => son [18] => Sejong [19] => sarong [20] => sooner [21] => Sony [22] => sown [23] => scone [24] => song's ) SEE ALSO
enchant_dict_check(3), enchant_dict_suggest(3). PHP Documentation Group ENCHANT_DICT_QUICK_CHECK(3)