Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Wish to install Linux Mint 13, Mepis and Solus OS. Help! Post 302672721 by cokedude on Monday 16th of July 2012 10:13:47 PM
Old 07-16-2012
We need more details. Have you ever used linux before? Have you ever installed linux before? What do you intend on doing with each distro of linux? Which distro of linux do you plan on using the most? These questions need to be answered before we can give you a good answer.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Wireless issues in Linux Mint.

I am running Linux Mint Gloria on my PC. I have ADSL broadband connection which require login and pswd connection to connect. I have SmartAX MT841 modem which has wireless card free with it. I also have recently purchased DELL inspiron 1545 machine which have Vista preinstalled in it. Now I want to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: budtuxy
0 Replies

2. Linux

Can not get wireless to register in linux mint?

I just installed linux mint 11 yesterday. I cannot get the wireless to register, it says that firmware is missing but I can not figure out how to make it work. I am still a newbie and would appreciate any help possible. Thank you. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: breebutner
7 Replies

3. Debian

Linux Mint 16

I use linux mint 16 and I'm new to live ux. what should I know? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cryptek
4 Replies
DISTRO-INFO(1)						      General Commands Manual						    DISTRO-INFO(1)

NAME
distro-info - provides information about the distributions' releases SYNOPSIS
distro-info [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
distro-info is a symlink to the distro-info command for your distribution. On Debian it links to debian-distro-info and on Ubuntu it links to ubuntu-distro-info. All options described in this manual page are available in all distro-info commands. All other options, which are not described here, are distribution specific. OPTIONS
--date=DATE date for calculating the version (default: today) -h, --help display help message and exit -a, --all list all known versions -d, --devel latest development version -s, --stable latest stable version --supported list of all supported stable versions --unsupported list of all unsupported stable versions -c, --codename print the codename (default) -r, --release print the release version -f, --fullname print the full name SEE ALSO
debian-distro-info(1), ubuntu-distro-info(1) AUTHOR
The script and this manual page was written by Benjamin Drung <bdrung@debian.org>. distro-info January 2011 DISTRO-INFO(1)