Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Unix Script -- To Skip killing a specific process Post 302672639 by cokedude on Monday 16th of July 2012 04:52:55 PM
Old 07-16-2012
What do you mean GENE processes?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

killing process using a script

can I do ps -ef | grep <process_name> and kill the process is it exists? and send a mail to me that the process was found and killed Thanks much... KS (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skotapal
4 Replies

2. AIX

killing a process from a script

Hey all. I'm brand new to this forum and am looking for some help. I have a script that verifies that the backup tapes are working correctly. Basically is uses 1 command: restore -xpqvf > rootvglog I use this for each volume group that we have. We run this everyday but the problem is, we... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalge2
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

While killing the process, Script gets hanged. Please help me on this.

Hi Everyone, I have written a script to automate the docbase cleanup process on every weekly basis. That is in this script i have to shutdown the docbase and then kill all the process that are hanged except one process(epic process) and need to delete some log files and then i have to start the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheethal
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Killing specific process

Hello, I need to create a process that will kill a specific process if it's running. Let's just say the process is called win, actually called something else. It could be running multiple times on the machine and I would want to kill them all. Below is the code I have written so far, and it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: benefactr
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script not killing process!

i am using script to connect remotly to server and run some commands , one of these commands is to kill some process but tried different ways with no hope sshpass -p 'pass' ssh -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no server kill -9 `pgrep procs` getting error message "kill: bad argument count" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mogabr
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Killing a process within 5 min it starts in Unix using perl

Hi All, I have to kill a program whose pid, i will be getting. Multiple processes will be getting started by my script of same kind in a series. So for after each call to a process i need to write a command or script which can kill the process if it takes more than 5min. In this i will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nishank.jain
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the age of a unix process, killing old processes, killing zombie processes

I had issues with processes locking up. This script checks for processes and kills them if they are older than a certain time. Its uses some functions you'll need to define or remove, like slog() which I use for logging, and is_running() which checks if this script is already running so you can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukerman
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

**need help for killing a process through script**

Hello All, i hope you are fine. I need a little help from you people-- inside a script i want to kill a parent process by checking it with the child process.. p_pid=`ps -e | awk '/ra_cmd_d/ {print$1}'` here i am selecting the child process id in p_pid. next-- sleep_pid=`ps -af |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: onlyniladri
3 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Unix pkill error; does wily obstruct me killing the process?

have two scripts on Unix; one that starts some processes and the other one for killing a process. At first, I ran the .sh without WILY in it and it worked perfectly; in this way, I could also ran my stopper process. However I need WILY in this so I added it to my script but this time, a message... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nerdogan551
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automated Script for Process killing

Hello all, I'm in need of a Script which needs to wait for all the child process to end and then kill the main process. I have a process called mainpp which runs for different instances like evpn, nge, gmn etc so when i query for mainpp process it looks like below. bash-3.2$ ps -eaf |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mahesh_RPM
6 Replies
Graph(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						Graph(3pm)

NAME
SVG::Graph - Visualize your data in Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) format. SYNOPSIS
use SVG::Graph; use SVG::Graph::Data; use SVG::Graph::Data::Datum; #create a new SVG document to plot in... my $graph = SVG::Graph->new(width=>600,height=>600,margin=>30); #and create a frame to hold the data/glyphs my $frame = $graph->add_frame; #let's plot y = x^2 my @data = map {SVG::Graph::Data::Datum->new(x=>$_,y=>$_^2)} (1,2,3,4,5); my $data = SVG::Graph::Data->new(data => @data); #put the xy data into the frame $frame->add_data($data); #add some glyphs to apply to the data in the frame $frame->add_glyph('axis', #add an axis glyph 'x_absolute_ticks' => 1, #with ticks every one #unit on the x axis 'y_absolute_ticks' => 1, #and ticks every one #unit on the y axis 'stroke' => 'black', #draw the axis black 'stroke-width' => 2, #and 2px thick ); $frame->add_glyph('scatter', #add a scatterplot glyph 'stroke' => 'red', #the dots will be outlined #in red, 'fill' => 'red', #filled red, 'fill-opacity' => 0.5, #and 50% opaque ); #print the graphic print $graph->draw; DESCRIPTION
SVG::Graph is a suite of perl modules for plotting data. SVG::Graph currently supports plots of one-, two- and three-dimensional data, as well as N-ary rooted trees. Data may be represented as: Glyph Name Dimensionality supported 1d 2d 3d tree -------------------------------------------------------- Axis x Bar Graph x Bubble Plot x Heatmap Graph x Line Graph x Pie Graph x Scatter Plot x Spline Graph x Tree x SVG::Graph 0.02 is a pre-alpha release. Keep in mind that many of the glyphs are not very robust. PLOTTING
You need to create a SVG::Graph::Frame instance from the parent SVG::Graph instance for each set of data to be plotted. Datasets can be hierarchical, and to represent this, SVG::Graph::Frame instances can themselves contain subframes. SVG::Graph::Frame can contain: - multiple subframes as instances of SVG::Graph::Frame - a single SVG::Graph::Data instance - multiple SVG::Graph::Glyph instances with which to render the attached SVG::Graph::Data instance, and all SVG::Graph::Data instances attached to SVG::Graph::Frame subinstances See SVG::Graph::Frame and SVG::Graph::Glyph for details. ONE DATA SET 1. create an SVG::Graph instance 2. create an SVG::Graph::Frame instance by calling SVG::Graph::add_frame(); 3. create an SVG::Graph::Data instance, containing an SVG::Graph::Data::Datum instance for each data point. 4. Attach the SVG::Graph::Data instance to your SVG::Graph::Frame using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_data(); 5. Attach glyphs to the SVG::Graph::Frame instance using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_glyph(); 6. Call SVG::Graph::draw(); MULTIPLE DATA SETS 1. create an SVG::Graph instance 2. create an SVG::Graph::Frame instance by calling SVG::Graph::add_frame(); 3. create an SVG::Graph::Data instance, containing an SVG::Graph::Data::Datum instance for each data point. 4. Attach the SVG::Graph::Data instance to your SVG::Graph::Frame using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_data(); 5. Attach glyphs to the SVG::Graph::Frame instance using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_glyph(); 6. repeat [2-5] for each additional data set to be added. add_frame() can be called on SVG::Graph to add top-level data sets, or SVG::Graph::Frame to add hierarchical data sets. 7. Call SVG::Graph::draw(); FEEDBACK
Send an email to the svg-graph-developers list. For more info, visit the project page at http://www.sf.net/projects/svg-graph AUTHORS
Allen Day, <allenday@ucla.edu> Chris To, <crsto@ucla.edu> CONTRIBUTORS
James Chen, <chenj@seas.ucla.edu> Brian O'Connor, <boconnor@ucla.edu> SEE ALSO
SVG METHODS
new Title : new Usage : my $graph = SVG::Graph->new(width=>600, height=>600, margin=>20); Function: creates a new SVG::Graph object Returns : a SVG::Graph object Args : width => the width of the SVG height => the height of the SVG margin => margin for the root frame init Title : init Usage : Function: Example : Returns : Args : width Title : width Usage : $obj->width($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of width (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) height Title : height Usage : $obj->height($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of height (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) margin Title : margin Usage : $obj->margin($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of margin (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) svg Title : svg Usage : $obj->svg($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of svg (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) add_frame Title : add_frame Usage : my $frame = $graph->add_frame Function: adds a Frame to the current Graph Returns : a SVG::Graph::Frame object Args : a hash. usable keys: frame_transform (optional) 'top' default orientation 'bottom' rotates graph 180 deg (about the center) 'right' points top position towards right 'left' points top position towards left frames Title : frames Usage : get/set Function: Example : Returns : Args : xoffset Title : xoffset Usage : $obj->xoffset($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of xoffset (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) yoffset Title : yoffset Usage : $obj->yoffset($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of yoffset (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) draw Title : draw Usage : $graph=>draw Function: depends on child glyph implementations Returns : xmlifyied SVG object Args : none perl v5.10.0 2009-01-07 Graph(3pm)