Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl one-liner to get yesterday's date in format dd-MMM-yy (i.e. 01-JAN-12) Post 302672283 by pravin27 on Monday 16th of July 2012 06:56:46 AM
Old 07-16-2012
Code:
perl -e 'use POSIX qw(strftime);$now_string = strftime "%e-%b-%Y", localtime(time-86400); print $now_string,"\n";'

This User Gave Thanks to pravin27 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get yesterday date in yyyymmdd format

I would like to know how I could get a yesterday date in yyyymmdd e.g. today is 20011109, and I would like to get 20011108. Thank you!:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hk_newbie
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

How can i get the yesterday's date in YYYYMMDD format

How can i get the yesterday's date in YYYYMMDD format??? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasadsr
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ddmmyyyy to dd-mmm-yy format?

Hi All, Can anyone tell me a simple way of converting a date in ddmmyyyy format to dd-mmm-yy format. For example 17022006 to 17-FEB-06 Thanks in advance Regards, Gaurav (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauravgoel
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing month in Mmm format to mm FORMAT

i have an variable mydate=2008Nov07 i want o/p as in variable mymonth=11 (i.e nov comes on 11 number month) i want some command to do this for any month without using any loop. plz help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get yesterday's date in year-month-day format?

Dear All, Actually, i'm doing some reporting job and i need to pass yesterday's date in Year-Month-Day format(e.g. 2009-06-10) to another program for generating 2009-06-10 report. to get today's date, it's easy to just date '+%Y%m%d' , but no idea how can i get this kind of format for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiger2000
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

perl yesterday's date in mmddyyyy format

Hi, Below command is producing yesaterday's date in mmddyy format - perl -e '@T=localtime(time-86400);printf("%02d%02d%02d",$T+1,$T,($T+1900)%100)' But i want the date in mmddyyyy format; plz help. Thankx, Rahul Bahulekar. ---------- Post updated at 05:13 AM ---------- Previous... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulbahulekar
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace regex Perl one liner to AWK one liner

Thanks for giving your time and effort to answer questions and helping newbies like me understand awk. I have a huge file, millions of lines, so perl takes quite a bit of time, I'd like to convert these perl one liners to awk. Basically I'd like all lines with ISA sandwiched between... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: verge
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl one-liner convert to script format problem asking

Input_file_1: ABC1 DEF11 ABC3 DEF7 ABC7 DEF36 Input_file_2: DEF7 light 23 DEF11 over 2 DEF11 over 1 DEF17 blue 0 Perl one-liner that join two input file based on columns sharing a value (In this example, column 2 in Input_file_1 and column 1 in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i compare two dates with format Jan 01, 2012 and Jan 00 2012

I need to be able to compare dates in the format of Jan 10, 2012 and Jan 10 2012. (Notice one has a comma). Then I need to find the date that is 7 days before those dates if they are equal. How can I do this in Bash. Thank ahead (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ojthejuice
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date format from Jan 01 2015 11:00:00 PM to 01/01/2015 23.00.00

I need to change Date and time stamp format from Jan 01 2015 11:00:00 PM to 01/01/2015 23.00.00 Existing Format : Mon DD YYYY hh:mi:ss AM/PM (Jan 01 2015 11:00:00 PM) Expected Format: MM/DD/YYYY hh.mi.ss 24 hours (01/01/2015 23.00.00) I need to update enitire file where... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: esivaprasad
3 Replies
IO::Async::Signal(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    IO::Async::Signal(3pm)

NAME
"IO::Async::Signal" - event callback on receipt of a POSIX signal SYNOPSIS
use IO::Async::Signal; use IO::Async::Loop; my $loop = IO::Async::Loop->new; my $signal = IO::Async::Signal->new( name => "HUP", on_receipt => sub { print "I caught SIGHUP "; }, ); $loop->add( $signal ); $loop->run; DESCRIPTION
This subclass of IO::Async::Notifier invokes its callback when a particular POSIX signal is received. Multiple objects can be added to a "Loop" that all watch for the same signal. The callback functions will all be invoked, in no particular order. EVENTS
The following events are invoked, either using subclass methods or CODE references in parameters: on_receipt Invoked when the signal is received. PARAMETERS
The following named parameters may be passed to "new" or "configure": name => STRING The name of the signal to watch. This should be a bare name like "TERM". Can only be given at construction time. on_receipt => CODE CODE reference for the "on_receipt" event. Once constructed, the "Signal" will need to be added to the "Loop" before it will work. AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2012-10-24 IO::Async::Signal(3pm)