Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to check OBI 10g & 11g services Post 302672245 by Digjoy83 on Monday 16th of July 2012 06:21:09 AM
Old 07-16-2012
Hi,

Requirement is -- 1)How to use the egrep fuction you suggested?
2)How to check for failures of both 10g and 11g services..

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looking for administration tool to check if services are running

Hi! We are having problems with our unix servers (SunOS 5.9) that services for some of our applications are continuously going down. (this is more due to the applications installed than the UNIX OS). What I am looking for is some kind of administrative tool where I can set what service to scan... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: erinor
1 Replies

2. AIX

how to check status of various services and port?

How can i check which service is activated on my AIX Box? how one can check particular port is open or not (like ftp/telnet port)? I dont have admin rights (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashish4422
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Check & Edit Content of a file (Addition of comma in each lines of code)

Hi all, I need to write an automated bash shell script which performs such operations: 1. Grep the header of everyline with the initial of "T" in "FILE_A" 2. Perform a for loop, Count the numbers of comma in the line of code, if (no. of comma < 17) ADD the comma until 17; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big_nutz
2 Replies

4. Solaris

need help in oracle upgrade from 10g to 11g

Hi , situation has come where in i want to upgrade my database from 10g to 11g ,my code heavily depends on Pro*C , i just want to know if i upgrade my DB from 10g to 11g , will there be any changes in my pro*c compiler ..? if so then wat are the prerequisites i need to check ..? thanks ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Start services based on dependent services on other AIX machine

Hi, I just started working on a script. After my research, i found a command which can help me: AIM: To build a script which starts the services (Services 1) on server 1 automatically whenever its down. And it has a dependency on other service (Service 2) on Server 2. So my script has to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: draghun9
4 Replies

6. IP Networking

What's the difference between Cisco SFP-10G-SR and XFP-10G-MM-SR ?

We're connecting a ASA 10G port with Cisco SFP-10G-SR transceiver to SCE 10G port with XFP-10G-MM-SR, can they connect each other? We also want to know what's the difference between them? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ayaerlee
1 Replies
clusvcmgrd(8)						       Red Hat Cluster Suite						     clusvcmgrd(8)

NAME
rgmanager - Resource Group (Cluster Service) Manager Daemon DESCRIPTION
rgmanager handles management of user-defined cluster services (also known as resource groups). This includes handling of user requests including service start, service disable, service relocate, and service restart. The service manager daemon also handles restarting and relocating services in the event of failures. HOW IT WORKS
The service manager is spawned by an init script after the cluster infrastructure has been started and only functions when the cluster is quorate and locks are working. During initialization, the service manager runs scripts which ensure that all services are clear to be started. After that, it determines which services need to be started and starts them. When an event is received, members which are no longer online have their services taken away from them. The event should only occur in the case that the member has been fenced whenever fencing is available. When a cluster member determines that it is no longer in the cluster quorum, the service manager stops all services and waits for a new quorum to form. COMMAND LINE OPTIONS
-f Run in the foreground (do not fork). -d Enable debug-level logging. -w Disable internal process monitoring (for debugging). -N Do not perform stop-before-start. Combined with the -Z flag to clusvcadm, this can be used to allow rgmanager to be upgraded with- out stopping a given user service or set of services. SEE ALSO
clusvcadm(8) Jan 2005 clusvcmgrd(8)