Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Shell input to remove every second file in a directory Post 302672163 by PikK45 on Monday 16th of July 2012 04:24:20 AM
Old 07-16-2012
Its good that you found something Smilie

I hope you should be using NR%2==0, so that it result in the even line

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

input a line at the beginning of every file in a directory?

if need to input a word or anything at the beginning of every file in a directory. how do i accomplish this? say the file is named hyperten. how do i make hyperten the first line of every file in a given directory? thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Terrible
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

removing directory in an input file

Hi, How can I removed the directory in the input file? The script responsible for storing the report in an input file is this: while }" ] do echo "penetration|${penfilename}|${penfilenamedaterange}" >> ${OUT_DIR}/penrpt_emailfile.txt (( i=i+1 )) done For the penfilename: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrysSty
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

a remove script taken in input a file which contain a list of directories

Hi, I'm looking to delete some files from directories. I've just put in a file the location of these files. e.g: in file supprs.txt there is: /usr/host/t1.txt /etc/dev/u1.java /home/new/files/view.c Is it possible to take this file "supprs.txt" as a parameter in a shell command ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeclota
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a directory structure with getting input from a file.

Hi How to create a directory structure with getting input from a file. I have file in that following lines are written. ./activemq-4.1.2/activemq-core-4.1.2.jar ./activemq-4.1.2/backport-util-concurrent-2.1.jar ./camel-1.4.0/apache-camel-1.4.0.jar ./camel-1.4.0/lib/activation-1.1.jar... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsjoy2u
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove shell script and its directory

Hi, I have shell script which is located in /opt/Test/test.sh code in test.sh is as follows #!/bin/sh rm -rf /opt/Test exit 0 when I tried to execute the above script from its location, it shows the following error rm: Cannot remove any directory in the path of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.amilineni
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate columns in input file

hello, I have an input file which looks like this: 2 C:G 17 -0.14 8.75 33.35 3 G:C 16 -2.28 0.98 28.22 4 C:G 15 0.39 11.06 29.31 5 G:C 14 2.64 5.17 36.07 6 G:C 13 -0.65 2.05 21.94 7 C:G 11 138.96 21.64 14.40 9 C:G 27 -2.40 6.95 27.98 10 C:G 26 2.89 15.60 34.33 11 G:C... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux_usr
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell to script to remove directory

Hello All I want to delete the directory in my tree structure . all the filenames like this dd-mm-yyyy Example 30-01-2011 31-01-2011 01-02-2011 I want to grep the latest last four days created directorey by not using the find command . how do i do that ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kvk_shell
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing users input to a file in another directory?

how would i go about comparing a users input to a file which is in another directory? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gangsta
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and replace in a directory using an input file

Hi folks, I need help to finish this script please. see below: I have an input file with all the IP address to names formated like so in a txt file addnsr1pri 166.7.3.105 addnsr1sec 166.2.100.22 addnsr2pri 166.2.220.121 addnsr2sec 166.3.68.45... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Remove Comment Lines From Script/Input File

Hello, I have a SAS code that predominantly has comments line and the real code like below and i want to remove ONLY THE COMMENTS from the code in the single line or spanned across multiple lines. /******************************************************************** *** This Is a Comment... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arooonatr
4 Replies
Perl::Critic::Policy::Modules::RequirePerlVersion(3)	User Contributed Perl Documentation   Perl::Critic::Policy::Modules::RequirePerlVersion(3)

NAME
Perl::Critic::Policy::Modules::RequirePerlVersion - Require a "use 5.006;" or similar. AFFILIATION
This policy is part of Perl::Critic::More, a bleeding edge supplement to Perl::Critic. DESCRIPTION
As Perl evolves, new desirable features get added. The best ones seem to break backward compatibility, unfortunately. As a favor to downstream developers, it's good to state explicitly which Perl version will not be able to parse your code. For example, the "our" keyword was first appeared in a stable Perl in version 5.6.0. Therefore, if your code employs "our", then you should have a line like this near the very top of your file: use 5.006; or use v5.6.0; The former is preferred as the latter can trigger v-string compatibility warnings. (If someone could please explain that to me, I'd really appreciate it!) Additionally, it's good form to state that minimum version in your Makefile.PL or Build.PL file. AUTHOR
Chris Dolan <cdolan@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006-2008 Chris Dolan This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of this license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.3 2014-06-10 Perl::Critic::Policy::Modules::RequirePerlVersion(3)