Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers UNIX commands for a script that I need Post 302671783 by fpmurphy on Saturday 14th of July 2012 03:07:46 PM
Old 07-14-2012
Is this school work?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt on Executing unix commands in script

How can I execute the unix command "cd - Change directory" command, so that my command prompt should be reflected for that change. Example : Now you are in your home directory i.e /home/naresh and you have some sub directory called unixinfo in your home directory. i want to write a script,so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naresh Kumar
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix commands in perl script

I am totally new to unix commands but I need to understand the following command which is a part of a perl script..what does this mean? myPwd = $(pwd) myTracker = $myPwd/myTracker.out exec > $myTracker 2>&1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: athri
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write a script by using unix commands to down any server

Hi, I need to do frequently server down and up. Every time i am using nearly 5 to 6 commands to down and agin i am using the commands to up. Can anybody help me to write a script to down and up. which i can use once on unix platform it can down later it can up the server. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreerao
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running multiple unix commands in a single script

Hi, I would like to write a script with include more than 6 unix commands. my script like below: echo " script started" ls -ld bdf | grep "rama" tail -10 log.txt ... .. ... now, i want to run above unix commands one by one. example: first the ls -ld command will be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running unix commands in a perl script

Executing two unix commads via perl script one after another e.g: make clean bsub -i -q short make have tried using exec but the second command doesnt executes (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajroshan
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

commands to execute unix script

commands to execute unix script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunilamarnadh
1 Replies

7. Web Development

cgi script and external UNIX commands (like swadm)

Hi, I am trying to implement a server monitoring dashboard using cgi scripting. I am planning to run the necessary unix scripts from the web page using cgi. This method works fine for standard unix commands but I am unable to run some external unix commands (like swadm show_processes, swadm... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jofinjoseph
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help embedding Unix commands in a shell script

Hi Folks, I have a text file which may or may not have any data. I would like to email the file, via a Korn shell script, if the file is not empty. I am fiddling around with the wc -l command, but no luck so far. The pseudo code is as follows count=`wc -l test.txt` if cat test.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogers42
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Windows Batch script for Unix commands

I wish to create a folder on a unix server B from my windows box using windows batch script. Below is my windows batch script. @ ECHO OFF ::Enter your Directory name: echo Enter your Directory name: set /p mydir= plink user1@ServerA mkdir %mydir% At plink command i get logged... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a UNIX script file with multiple commands

Hi Good morning all, I want to create script file with multiple commands. For ex: pmrep connect is one of the command to connect to repository. pmrep objectexport is another command to export objects to a file. These commands should run sequentially.But when i try to execute this, the first... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SekhaReddy
4 Replies
xjack(6x)							XScreenSaver manual							 xjack(6x)

NAME
xjack - all work and no play makes jack a dull boy SYNOPSIS
xjack [-display host:display.screen] [-foreground color] [-background color] [-window] [-root] [-delay usecs] [-fps] DESCRIPTION
All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. ENVIRONMENT
DISPLAY All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. XENVIRONMENT All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. SEE ALSO
X(1), xscreensaver(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997 by Jamie Zawinski. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a fnord dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. AUTHOR
Jamie Zawinski <jwz@jwz.org>, 15-Nov-97. X Version 11 5.15 (28-Sep-2011) xjack(6x)