Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to count how many subdirectory containing more than a certain number of specific file type Post 302671351 by shamrock on Friday 13th of July 2012 11:06:46 AM
Old 07-13-2012
Can you provide a sample of the input and output...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count files in every subdirectory

Hi if anyone could help me :) I did a lot of search and 70% of answer is "how to count files in all subdirectories". A basic problem for me is how to count files in every subdirectory separately then sort it by number of files For example: dir1 file1 file2 subdir11 dir2 dir3 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yorryk
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perform a set of actions for a specific file type

Hello, I have a problem that I'm having quite a bit of trouble with. I am trying to create a script that performs a specific sequence of actions for a file of a specific type. This is an abbreviated version of my basic script: #!/bin/sh #coulombic calculations... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oehtus
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print folder size ordered by pattern value of specific file type :-) ! challenge !

Hello dear unix command line friends ! I'm looking for a simple combinaison of ls & awk (maybe grep) to print: list of folders of a directory |_ ordered by size like what I have with $ du -sk ./* | sort -rn printing that result: 8651520 ./New Virtual Machine_1 8389120 ./Redhat ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: holister
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files of specific size excluding search in a subdirectory

Hi All, I was exploring find command and came across -prune option which would exclude search in a mention subdirectory. My quesry is to search all files more that 100 MB size but exclude search in a subdirectory. I am using below command,but somehow it is not working. Can anybody help me... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix command to count the number of files with specific characters in name

Hey all, I'm looking for a command that will search a directory (and all subdirectories) and give me a file count for the number of files that contain specific characters within its filename. e.g. I want to find the number of files that contain "-a.jpg" in their name. All the searching I've... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: murphysm
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract specific data and count number containing sets from a file?

Hello everybody! I am quit new here and hope you can help me. Using an awk script I am trying to extract data from several files. The structure of the input files is as follows: TimeStep parameter1 parameter2 parameter3 parameter4 e.g. 1 X Y Z L 1 D H Z I 1 H Y E W 2 D H G F 2 R... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel8472
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

User access to only specific subdirectory

is is possible to grant user access to only one subdirectory? example a. create ftp user with read/write/delete access (ftp user doesnt belong to uguys group) $ cd /etc/mydir $ls file1 file2 $ls -al -rw-rw-r-x 2 unixguy uguys 96 Dec 8 12:53 file1 -rw-rw-r-x 2 unixguy uguys 96... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to count specific word and iterate over number of files.

Hi Experts, I want to know the count of specific word in a file. I have almost 600+ files. So I want to loop thru each file and get the count of the specific word. Please help me on achieving this... Many thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elamurugu
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for specific file type in subdirectory with multiple folders

I have a directory that is in the below order (the --- is not part of the directory tree, only there to help illustrate: DATE --- main level Folder1 --- level under DATE plugin_out --- level under Folder1 variantCaller_out.40 --- level under plugin_out 001,002,003 --- level under... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count specific character of a file in each line and delete this character in a specific position

I will appreciate if you help me here in this script in Solaris Enviroment. Scenario: i have 2 files : 1) /tmp/TRANSACTIONS_DAILY_20180730.txt: 201807300000000004 201807300000000005 201807300000000006 201807300000000007 201807300000000008 2)... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: teokon90
10 Replies
DH_USRLOCAL(1)							     Debhelper							    DH_USRLOCAL(1)

NAME
dh_usrlocal - migrate usr/local directories to maintainer scripts SYNOPSIS
dh_usrlocal [debhelperoptions] [-n] DESCRIPTION
dh_usrlocal is a debhelper program that can be used for building packages that will provide a subdirectory in /usr/local when installed. It finds subdirectories of usr/local in the package build directory, and removes them, replacing them with maintainer script snippets (unless -n is used) to create the directories at install time, and remove them when the package is removed, in a manner compliant with Debian policy. These snippets are inserted into the maintainer scripts by dh_installdeb. See dh_installdeb(1) for an explanation of debhelper maintainer script snippets. If the directories found in the build tree have unusual owners, groups, or permissions, then those values will be preserved in the directories made by the postinst script. However, as a special exception, if a directory is owned by root.root, it will be treated as if it is owned by root.staff and is mode 2775. This is useful, since that is the group and mode policy recommends for directories in /usr/local. OPTIONS
-n, --noscripts Do not modify postinst/prerm scripts. NOTES
Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command. Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. CONFORMS TO
Debian policy, version 2.2 SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Andrew Stribblehill <ads@debian.org> 9.20120909 2011-09-12 DH_USRLOCAL(1)