Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Faster search needed
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Faster search needed Post 302671091 by elixir_sinari on Friday 13th of July 2012 04:59:03 AM
Old 07-13-2012
Code:
nawk -F, 'FNR==NR{a[$1]=$2;next}{$(NF+1)=a[$NF]}1' OFS="," file2 file1

I haven't tested the performance though...Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed in search string

Hi , I learning shell scripting.. I need to do the following in my shell script. Search a given logfile for two\more strings. If the the two strings are found. write it to a outputfile if only one of the string is found, write the found string in one output file and other in other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitrajvarma
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

search a replace each line- help needed ASAP

can someone help me with the find and replace command. I have a input file which is in the below format: 0011200ALN00000000009EGYPT 000000000000199900000 0011200ALN00000000009EGYPT 000000000000199900000 0011200ALN00000000008EGYPT 000000000000199800000 0011200ALN00000000009EGYPT ... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
20 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex Search/Replace Multiple Files Script Needed

I have a rather complicated search and replace I need to do among several dozen files and over a hundred occurrences. My site is written in PHP and throughout the old code, you will find things like die("Operation Aborted due to....."); For my new design skins for the site, I need to get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: UCCCC
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing 10 lines above and below the search string: help needed

Hi, The below code will search a particular string(say false in this case) and return me 10 lines above and below the search string in a file. " awk 'c-->0;$0~s{if(b)for(c=b+1;c>1;c--)print r;print("***********************************");print;c=a;}b{r=$ 0}' b=10 a=10 s="false" " ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vimalm22
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with basic search

hi, im trying to find the longest word in /usr/share/dict/words that does not contain the letter i. i've tried using the wc -L command like so: $ wc -L /usr/share/dict/words which basically tells me the longest word which is good but how do i get the longest word which Does not contain the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tryintolearn
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

search needed part in text file (awk?)

Hello! I have text file: From aaa@bbb Fri Jun 1 10:04:29 2010 --____OSPHWOJQGRPHNTTXKYGR____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline My code '234565'. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: candyme
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern and replace. Help needed

I have three variables $a, $b and $c $a = file_abc_123.txt $b = 123 $c = 100 I want to search if $b is present in $a. If it is present, then i want to replace that portion by $c. Here $b = 123 is present in "file_abc_123.txt", so i need the output as "file_abc_100.txt' How can this be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed - find command for recursive search

Hi All I have a requirement to find the file that are most latest to be modified in each directory. Can somebody help with the command please? E.g of the problem. The directory A is having sub directory which are having subdirectory an so on. I need a command which will find the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudeep.id
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive folder search faster than find?

I'm trying to find folders created by a propritary data aquisition software with the .aps ending--yes, I have never encountered folder with a suffix before (some files also end in .aps) and sort them by date. I need the whole path ls -dt "$dataDir"*".aps"does exactly what I want except for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

A faster way to read and search

I have a simple script that reads in data from fileA.txt and searches line by line for that data in multiple files (*multfiles.txt). It only prints the data when there is more than 1 instance of it. The problem is that its really slow (3+ hours) to complete the entire process. There are nearly 1500... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
10 Replies
RLM_DBM_PARSE(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  RLM_DBM_PARSE(8)

NAME
rlm_dbm_parse - transforms simple syntax into rlm_dbm format SYNOPSIS
rlm_dbm_parse [-c] [-d raddb] [-i inputfile] [-o outputfile] [-x] [-v] [-q] [username ...] DESCRIPTION
rlm_dbm_parse reads a file of the syntax defined below, and writes a database file usable by rlm_dbm or edits current database. INPUT FORMAT
rlm_dbm_parse reads a format similar to the one used by the files module. In incomplete RFC2234 ABNF, it looks like this: entries = *entry entry = identifier TAB definition identifier = username / group-name username = +PCHAR groupname = +PCHAR definition = (check-item ",")* LF ( *( reply-item ",") / ";" ) LF check-item = AS IN FILES reply-item = AS IN FILES * need definition of username and groupname As an example, these are the standard files definitions (files module). DEFAULT Service-Type == Framed-User Framed-IP-Address = 255.255.255.254, Framed-MTU = 576, Service-Type = Framed-User, Fall-Through = Yes #except who call from number 555-666 DEFAULT Auth-Type := Reject,Service-Type ==Framed-User, Calling-Station-ID == "555-666" #or call number 555-667 DEFAULT Auth-Type := Reject,Service-Type ==Framed-User, Calling-Station-ID == "555-667" To be a valid rlm_dbm input file, it should look like this: DEFAULT Service-Type == Framed-User # (1) Framed-IP-Address = 255.255.255.254, # comma, list cont'd Framed-MTU = 576, Service-Type = Framed-User, Fall-Through = Yes # , end of list Auth-Type := Reject,Service-Type ==Framed-User, # (2) Calling-Station-ID == "555-666" ; # ;, no reply items Auth-Type := Reject,Service-Type ==Framed-User, # (3) Calling-Station-ID == "555-667" ; # ditto This user (the DEFAULT user) contains three entries, 1, 2 and 3. The first entry has a list of reply items, terminated by a reply item without a trailing comma. Entries 2 and 3 has empty reply lists, as indicated by the semicolon. This is necessary to separate an empty line (which is ignored) from the empty list. Definition Fall-Through = Yes used in order to say module to check next record. By default Fall- Through = Yes. OPTIONS
-d raddb Use raddb as the radiusd configuration directory. -i inputfile Use file as the input file. If not defined then use standard input. -o outputfile Use file as the output file. -c Create a new database (empty output file before writing) -x Enable debug mode. Multiple x flags increase debug level. -q Do not print statistics (quiet). -v Print the version and exit. -r Remove a username or group name from the database. SEE ALSO
radiusd(8) AUTHORS
Author: Andrei Koulik <rlm_dbm@agk.nnov.ru> Documentation: Bjorn Nordbo <bn@nextra.com> RLM_DBM_PARSE(8)