Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Remote ssh execution and .profile issues Post 302670589 by vbe on Thursday 12th of July 2012 08:43:46 AM
Old 07-12-2012
Sorry for not being reactive enough, I see to have some strange network issues...
Quote:
2) Basically: I copied .profile from server B to A, and tried to execute the script from A to B. Will get that error again.
OK but then what did you mean here:
Quote:
When i first found this error on server B, it was due lack of a variable declaration, i set that variable on B's .profile and it solved itself.
Either it solved (question of reading .profile) or it did not ( ssh needs more to read .profile), have a look at the ssh_config man pages!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

executing .profile with ssh

Hi, How do I get all my profile settings when connecting with ssh? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues using ssh from crontab to run remote script from

I have a solaris9 x86 server using ssh as follows: SSH Version Sun_SSH_1.0, protocol versions 1.5/2.0. The remote server solaris9 sparc has exactly the same version ssh installed. I am running a script on my server which includes the following command to run a script on the remote server:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Profile execution issue

Hi I have a profile execution issue, I log on to a linux machine , then i do sudo to another user as sudo su - <username> , then <username> .profile executes properly but when I type something I loose all environment varaible and my prompt changes to '$' loosing the PS1 value that I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malavm
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh can't back from remote host during script execution

Hi all I wrote a script to execute a script on several remote hosts, but somehow during the execution of the local script, ssh can't come back from the remote host, so that causes my local script hanging... I use the below command to do the job in the local script, any idea? ssh... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bzylg
12 Replies

5. Solaris

how to login with ssh to remote system with out applying the remote root/usr password

how to login with ssh to remote system with out applying the remote root/user password with rlogin we can ujse .rhosts file but with ssh howits possible plz guide (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
2 Replies

6. AIX

SSH and a users .profile

How do I get a command like "ssh Theuser@host date" to execute the /home/Theuser/.profile before executing the "date" command? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: IL-Malti
5 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

Log remote execution over SSH

If a user execute commands remotely over ssh : $ ssh USERNAME@SERVER COMMANDSHow the SERVER administrator can log those COMMANDS executed in a "not a tty" session ? I searched for my question and get the following suggestions:Anybody give help how to do this ? what the content of "/bin/bash "... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new0h
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script execution issues

Hi, There's a shell script by name "download", which has been created as user "mgr" and that script needs to executed as user "dev". I tried giving privileges 701 on the script download. But it's throwing the error message bin]$ ./download /bin/bash: ./download: Permission denied ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesh17
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pause processes in remote host and resume execution in another remote host

Hi, Given addresses of 2 remote machines, using a shell script is it possible to get the state of running processes in "src" stop all the processes in "src" exit out of "src" ssh into "dest" resume the state of executing processes captured in step 1 in "dest" Assumption: "src" is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saeya Darsan
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote script over ssh execution issues.

If I execute below code I am able to get string from column8 and column10 about a process. serverA1$> ps -ef | grep rotate | grep 'config' | awk '{print $8" "$10}' /<Oracle_home>/ohs/bin/odl_rotatelogs -h:/<app_Home>/config/OHS/ohs1/component_events.xml_ohs1... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
12 Replies
PSK-CRACK(1)						      General Commands Manual						      PSK-CRACK(1)

NAME
psk-crack - Crack IKE Aggressive Mode Pre-Shared Keys SYNOPSIS
psk-crack [options] <psk-parameters-file> <psk-parameters-file> is a file containing the parameters for the pre-shared key cracking process in the format generated by ike-scan with the --pskcrack (-P) option. This file can contain one or more entries. For multiple entries, each one must be on a separate line. The program can crack either MD5 or SHA1-based hashes. The type of hash is automatically determined from the length of the hash (16 bytes for MD5 or 20 bytes for SHA1). Each entry in the <psk-parameters-file> is handled separately, so it is possible to crack a mixture of MD5 and SHA1 hashes. psk-crack can also crack the proprietary hash format used by Nortel Contivity / VPN Router systems. When cracking Nortel format hashes, you need to specify the username of the hash that you are cracking with the --norteluser (-u) option. When cracking Nortel format hashes, you can only crack one hash at a time. By default, psk-crack will perform dictionary cracking using the default dictionary. The dictionary can be changed with the --dictionary (-d) option, or brute-force cracking can be selected with the --bruteforce (-B) option. DESCRIPTION
psk-crack attempts to crack IKE Aggressive Mode pre-shared keys that have previously been gathered using ike-scan with the --pskcrack option. psk-crack can operate in two different modes: 1) Dictionary cracking mode: this is the default mode in which psk-crack tries each candidate word from the dictionary file in turn until it finds a match, or all the words in the dictionary have been tried. 2) Brute-force cracking mode: in this mode, psk-crack tries all possible combinations of a specified character set up to a given length. OPTIONS
--help or -h Display this usage message and exit. --version or -V Display program version and exit. --verbose or -v Display verbose progress messages. --dictionary=<f> or -d <f> Set dictionary file to <f>. The default is /usr/local/share/ike-scan/psk-crack-dictionary. --norteluser=<u> or -u <u> Specify the username for Nortel Contivity cracking. This option is required when cracking pre-shared keys on Nortel Contivity / VPN Router systems. These systems use a proprietary method to calculate the hash that includes the username. This option is only needed when cracking Nortel format hashes, and should not be used for standard format hashes. --bruteforce=<n> or -B <n> Select bruteforce cracking up to <n> characters. --charset=<s> or -c <s> Set bruteforce character set to <s> Default is "0123456789abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz" AUTHOR
Roy Hills <Roy.Hills@nta-monitor.com> February 14, 2005 PSK-CRACK(1)