Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Increment Gawk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Increment Gawk Post 302670483 by elixir_sinari on Thursday 12th of July 2012 06:19:07 AM
Old 07-12-2012
Code:
awk '{printf("%s OR109_%04d\n",$0,NR%2?++i:i)}' inputfile

This User Gave Thanks to elixir_sinari For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

increment a Variable

hi, i want to increment a Variable but it doesnt work. here my codé COUNT=1 COUNT= 'expr $COUNT + 1' i've tried it in the prompt but it print me: expr: syntaxerror What does I make wrong? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cengiz
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

gawk HELP

I have to compare records in two files. It can be done using gawk/awk but i am unable to do it. Please help me File1 ABAAAAAB BC asa sa ABAAABAA BC bsa sm ABBBBAAA BC bxz sa ABAAABAB BC csa sa ABAAAAAA BC dsa sm ABBBBAAB BC dxz sa File 2 ABAAAAAB BC aas ba ABAAAAAB BC asa sa... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep_hi
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

increment an integer

hi I want to echo the variable $i while it auto-increments till 21 I set initially i to 1 any idea how to do that? thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment value (starttime)

Hi All, I have created a script... #!/bin/sh datafile=ABC2008101601.OUT indfile=ABCIND20081016.1.OUT waittime=600 starttime=0 while do if then echo "Indicator file has arrived." break else sleep 10; ((starttime=$starttime+10)) echo $starttime (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

auto increment

Hello Does anyone know how to auto-increment the value of a variable, preferably using awk or sed? I need to read values from a file and auto-increment those values to use them as line numbers I'd be doing: while read line do # auto-increment sed -n${line}p file> file1 done... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: loperam
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment of a variable

Hi All, I have a variable n that stores a number. Eg. echo $n comes out to be 120. I need to print 121 using echo command on n. Please advice. Thanks in advance !! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: learning_skills
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment in date

Hi, I have a variable lets say DATA_DATE. I have to pass some value to this variable in YYYYMMDD format. lets say today I have passed this variable as : DATA_DATE=20100107 Then pls help me how to calculate another variable DATA_DATE1 (which is DATA_DATE+1). The code should work... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 46019
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date increment

hi Friends, Today_Dt=`date "+%Y-%m-%d"` So the Today date is 2010-05-03 I have a file which has date values as below 2010-04-27 2010-04-02 2010-04-18 2010-04-28 2010-04-29 .. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gopal_Engg
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment time

I have to increment time ... by sec but i am getting the output like this. for m in {2..3} > do > for (( i = 1; i <= 13; i++ )) > do > echo "$m:$i" > done > done 2:1 2:2 2:3 2:4 2:5 2:6 2:7 2:8 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyankalyan
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment the password value

I want a script which increments the count when the script runs. Basically I want to send an password reset email notification for an application, the password value should be keep on changing whenever the script is executed for example, first time i execute it should be password1, second time... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JAGADESH GN
2 Replies
SPLITDNS323FW(1)						   User Commands						  SPLITDNS323FW(1)

NAME
splitdns323fw - extract data from DNS-323 (and other) firmware images SYNOPSIS
splitdns323fw [-k KERNEL] [-i INITRD] [-d DEFAULTS] firmwarefile DESCRIPTION
splitdns323fw parses an existing firmware image for a device such as the D-Link DNS-323, DNS-321, and Conceptronics CH3SNAS. By default, if only the firmwarefile (R)option is given, the script verifies the checksums of the included components and prints a bunch of useful info about the image. If you specify one or more of the other options, however, the corresponding section of the firmware image will be written to that file. -k kernel, --kernel=kernel Write the kernel part of the firmware image to the specified file. -i initrd, --initrd=initrd Write the initrd part of the firmware image to the specified file. -d defaults.tar.gz, --defaults=defaults.tar.gz Write the defaults part of the firmware image to the specified file. BUGS
E-mail bug reports to theshed+dns323-firmware-tools@hezmatt.org. I don't guarantee to be able to help, but I'll give it a shot. Patches are far more helpful. AUTHOR
splitdns323fw was written by Matt Palmer, based on reverse-engineering work done by Leschinsky Oleg. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 Matt Palmer. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
mkimage(1), mkdns323fw(1). dns323-firmware-tools 0.3 November 2008 SPLITDNS323FW(1)