Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Create random number
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Create random number Post 302670383 by reignangel2003 on Thursday 12th of July 2012 04:17:37 AM
Old 07-12-2012
Create random number

Hi,

I'm trying to create a script that will print random numbers with length of three.

Below is the expected out.

928-377-899
942-458-310
951-948-511
962-681-415
995-161-708
997-997-209

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to generate a random number?

How to generate a random integer with specific range(for example, from 1 to 1000)? Also, how to convert a floating point number into a integer? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MacMonster
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

create a Random passwd

Hello Everyone, I am wondering how to create a Random Password of 8 characters for a user. It has to be run in a script. Also, The user have to be asked to change his/her password the first time they login. I tried using genPass but seems like my system doesn't support that command. For... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashirpopal
1 Replies

3. Programming

Random number generation

Hi...How can I generate random numbers between a given range ...preferably between 1 and 100...in UNIX C programming...? I tried out functions like rand(),drand48() etc but didnt get satisfactory results... Thanks a lot in advance.......... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tej.buch
1 Replies

4. Programming

how to create random no between 10 to 40 in C

can any one tell me how to create integer random no between 10 to 40 in C language.When i m using random() or rand() functions they r creting some long int which is not required (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: useless79
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regarding Random Number Genration

HI please help me in solving this issue. I have a shell script which consists of ten statemnts ( i mean 10 executable statments)...........and if i run that script the 10 statmenst will execute continously ............ But now my probelm is i have to write another script --> to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitka
0 Replies

6. Programming

C Help; generating a random number.

Im new to C, and Im having a hard time getting a random number. In bash, I would do something similar to the following to get a random number; #!/bin/bash seed1=$RANDOM seed2=$RANDOM seed3=$RANDOM SEED=`expr $seed1 * $seed2 / $seed3` echo ${SEED%.*} Now, in online examples... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
4 Replies

7. Programming

Random number is not reused

I need to generate and reuse a 5 digit random number every time my program is executed. But the following generates random numbers every time the function is called. #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <string.h> #include <time.h> ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: limmer
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random pieces of number

Hello folks, i have number for example 10 and i want to divide into 4 random pieces that may be (6+2+1+1). How can i do this via script i have random number 234951 and i want to divide into 31 pieces. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
6 Replies

9. Programming

random number

How can I choose randomly the row numbers of my file in awk? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Homa
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Create 'n' number random pairwise combination of words

File 1 contains the list of words that needed to be randomly paired: Tiger Cat Fish Frog Dog Mouse Elephant Monkey File 2 contains the pairs that should not be used (in any solution) during random pairing. Elephant-Dog Cat-Fish Monkey-Frog Dog-Elephant, Fish-Cat, Frog-Monkey... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sammy777888
1 Replies
simulation::random(n)					       Tcl Simulation Tools					     simulation::random(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
simulation::random - Pseudo-random number generators SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl ?8.4? package require simulation::random 0.1 ::simulation::random::prng_Bernoulli p ::simulation::random::prng_Discrete n ::simulation::random::prng_Poisson lambda ::simulation::random::prng_Uniform min max ::simulation::random::prng_Exponential min mean ::simulation::random::prng_Normal mean stdev ::simulation::random::prng_Pareto min steep ::simulation::random::prng_Gumbel min f ::simulation::random::prng_chiSquared df ::simulation::random::prng_Disk rad ::simulation::random::prng_Sphere rad ::simulation::random::prng_Ball rad ::simulation::random::prng_Rectangle length width ::simulation::random::prng_Block length width depth _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package consists of commands to generate pseudo-random number generators. These new commands deliver o numbers that are distributed normally, uniformly, according to a Pareto or Gumbel distribution and so on o coordinates of points uniformly spread inside a sphere or a rectangle For example: set p [::simulation::random::prng_Normal -1.0 10.0] produces a new command (whose name is stored in the variable "p") that generates normally distributed numbers with a mean of -1.0 and a standard deviation of 10.0. PROCEDURES
The package defines the following public procedures for discrete distributions: ::simulation::random::prng_Bernoulli p Create a command (PRNG) that generates numbers with a Bernoulli distribution: the value is either 1 or 0, with a chance p to be 1 float p Chance the outcome is 1 ::simulation::random::prng_Discrete n Create a command (PRNG) that generates numbers 0 to n-1 with equal probability. int n Number of different values (ranging from 0 to n-1) ::simulation::random::prng_Poisson lambda Create a command (PRNG) that generates numbers according to the Poisson distribution. float lambda Mean number per time interval The package defines the following public procedures for continuous distributions: ::simulation::random::prng_Uniform min max Create a command (PRNG) that generates uniformly distributed numbers between "min" and "max". float min Minimum number that will be generated float max Maximum number that will be generated ::simulation::random::prng_Exponential min mean Create a command (PRNG) that generates exponentially distributed numbers with a given minimum value and a given mean value. float min Minimum number that will be generated float mean Mean value for the numbers ::simulation::random::prng_Normal mean stdev Create a command (PRNG) that generates normally distributed numbers with a given mean value and a given standard deviation. float mean Mean value for the numbers float stdev Standard deviation ::simulation::random::prng_Pareto min steep Create a command (PRNG) that generates numbers distributed according to Pareto with a given minimum value and a given distribution steepness. float min Minimum number that will be generated float steep Steepness of the distribution ::simulation::random::prng_Gumbel min f Create a command (PRNG) that generates numbers distributed according to Gumbel with a given minimum value and a given scale factor. The probability density function is: P(v) = exp( -exp(f*(v-min))) float min Minimum number that will be generated float f Scale factor for the values ::simulation::random::prng_chiSquared df Create a command (PRNG) that generates numbers distributed according to the chi-squared distribution with df degrees of freedom. The mean is 0 and the standard deviation is 1. float df Degrees of freedom The package defines the following public procedures for random point sets: ::simulation::random::prng_Disk rad Create a command (PRNG) that generates (x,y)-coordinates for points uniformly spread over a disk of given radius. float rad Radius of the disk ::simulation::random::prng_Sphere rad Create a command (PRNG) that generates (x,y,z)-coordinates for points uniformly spread over the surface of a sphere of given radius. float rad Radius of the disk ::simulation::random::prng_Ball rad Create a command (PRNG) that generates (x,y,z)-coordinates for points uniformly spread within a ball of given radius. float rad Radius of the ball ::simulation::random::prng_Rectangle length width Create a command (PRNG) that generates (x,y)-coordinates for points uniformly spread over a rectangle. float length Length of the rectangle (x-direction) float width Width of the rectangle (y-direction) ::simulation::random::prng_Block length width depth Create a command (PRNG) that generates (x,y)-coordinates for points uniformly spread over a block float length Length of the block (x-direction) float width Width of the block (y-direction) float depth Depth of the block (z-direction) KEYWORDS
math, random numbers, simulation, statistical distribution COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004 Arjen Markus <arjenmarkus@users.sourceforge.net> simulation 0.1 simulation::random(n)