Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting XML dateTime format in shell script Post 302670339 by vel4ever on Thursday 12th of July 2012 02:57:24 AM
Old 07-12-2012
Linux

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

generate xml from a shell script

Hello! I would like to generate an xml file from the output of various commands generated from within a shell script (some will be in CDATA). At the moment the only solution I have come up with is echoing xml tags around the commands eg. echo "<bitism>" >> outputfile /usr/sbin/prtconf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: speedieB
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

DateTime Format Conversion in a File

Hi Pals. I have a file which is in the below format. 2007/10/15-12:04:24,'CRLift','TH-42PX75U','BestBuy','W01P0207',22,15,'User1' 2007/10/15-12:04:26,'CRLift','TH-42PX75U','BestBuy','W01P0207',22,15,'User2' 2007/10/15-12:04:29,'CRLift','TH-42PX75U','BestBuy','W01P0207',22,15,'User3'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthgr1
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove xml namespace from xml file using shell script?

I have an xml file: <AutoData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <Table1> <Data1 10 </Data1> <Data2 20 </Data2> <Data3 40 </Data3> <Table1> </AutoData> and I have to remove the portion xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" only. I tried using sed... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary1978
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML using Shell Script

Hello, I'm a starting shell scripter and no Perl knowledge. I've trying to do this for a while: I want to parse an XML file and get certain data out of it and write that data into a CSV file, all this using Shell Scripting (in Bash). Or Perl without any XML Parser/Interpreter (if possible). ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kage Musha
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Rename a file to a file_current datetime in a shell script

Hi all, Could anyone suggest me on Renaming a file to a file_current datetime in a shell script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nithin
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Datetime Format 'yyyymmddmiss' Calculation

Given a time format yyyymmddmiss 201007221403 How can I add or minus minutes such that it becomes 201007221348 when I minus away 15 minutes from the time? Also, given a time frame, let say 10 days, how do I check if a date 201006231403 that is not more than 10 days behind... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alienated
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML parsing in a shell script.

Below is a XML I have... <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> <component xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="urn:XXXXX-www-Install-Manifest manifest.xsd" xmlns="urn:qqqqq-Install-Manifest" name="OM" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML parsing using shell script

I have a xml file like this <bul:collectionStrategy name="strategy1"> <bul:collectionTemplateGroup name="15min group"/> <bul:collectionTemplateGroup name="hourly group"/> </bul:collectionStrategy> <bul:CollectionTemplateGroup name="hourly group" > ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LavanyaP
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML using shell script

Well, issue is i have to parse this script to get the VERSION: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"> <plist version="1.0"> <dict> <key>CFBundleAllowMixedLocalizations</key> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorosinister
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX/PERL script to convert XML file to pipe delimited format

Hello, I need to get few values from a XML file and output needs to be written in another file with pipe delimited format. The Header & Footer of the Pipe Delimited file will be constant. The below is my sample XML file. I need to pull the values in between the XML tags <Operator_info to... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthi1305561
15 Replies
UNIMPLEMENTED(2)					     Linux Programmer's Manual						  UNIMPLEMENTED(2)

NAME
afs_syscall, break, ftime, gtty, lock, mpx, phys, prof, profil, stty, ulimit - unimplemented system calls SYNOPSIS
Unimplemented system calls. DESCRIPTION
These system calls are not implemented in the Linux 2.0 kernel. RETURN VALUE
These system calls always return -1 and set errno to ENOSYS. NOTES
Note that ftime(3), profil(3) and ulimit(3) are implemented as library functions. Some system calls, like ioperm(2), iopl(2), ptrace(2) and vm86(2) only exist on certain architectures. Some system calls, like ipc(2) and {create,init,delete}_module(2) only exist when the Linux kernel was built with support for them. SEE ALSO
obsolete(2) Linux 2.0 1998-06-12 UNIMPLEMENTED(2)