Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Default route ( netstat -nrv ) is removed/missing after platform patch Post 302669811 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 11th of July 2012 10:47:36 AM
Old 07-11-2012
what changed in the init.d and rc[0-5].d directories? Are you using /etc/defaultrouter?
That should not get blown away.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Permanent Default Route

Hi, We are running AIX 5.2. Our default gateway used to be IP Address A. Our new default gateway is IP Address B. A netstat revealed that our default route was IP address A. We manually added default route with IP address B and removed the default route with IP address A. However,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DenD
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

Patch-o-matic (patch for iptable) for linux2.4.08 & iptable1.2.7a

Hello friends I'm running Redhat 9.0 with linux kernel 2.4.20-8 & have iptables version 1.2.7a & encountering a problem that I narrate down. I need to apply patch to my iptable and netfilter for connection tracking and load balancing that are available in patch-o-matic distribution by netfilter.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Ranjan
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

netstat -p, missing PID/program name

I have a netstat command set up with awk to show which ports my box is listening on. The -p switch shows the PID/program name, too, which ordinarily would be very handy. However, several entries show up as just "-" for the program name which makes it hard to identify what is keeping the port open.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bilge
2 Replies

4. AIX

Default route removed - what to do ?

Hi, After accidental default route removal serial connection doesn't work. What should I do to connect to my machine ? thanks Vilius (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
7 Replies

5. Solaris

solaris 10 u5 what happens if no default route configured

Hi, I am new to solaris 10. What is the procedure the os takes if a default route is not configured? I am using a multihomed server with 4 interfaces. It looked strange to me this morning, because i had not defined a default route it defaulted to making one up, with the ip address of another... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Multi-platform Centralized Patch Management

We have a mix of AIX, HP-UX, Linux (RHEL and SLES), and Solaris in our environment. Currently we have seperate patch management systems for each platform (NIM, SD, Spacewalk, etc), but have started looking for a centralized patch management solution that would work for most, if not all, of our... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kknigga
0 Replies

7. AIX

Default route question

Hello I have a question regarding default route on AIX servers. (I am using a p5 5.3 TL9 machine). in my output of "lsattr -El inet0" I can see there are two routes like below. route net,-hopcount,0,,0,x.x.207.7 Route True route net,-hopcount,0,,0,x.x.202.129 Route True But... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsabarinath
9 Replies

8. Solaris

Default route is configured, but seem to not work

Hiya, I got the default gateway set in /etc/defaultrouter file, however "netstat -nr" doesn't show anything like "default" in the routing table. As far as I know "netstat" on Solaris 10 u7 should show something like : Routing Table: IPv4 Destination Gateway Flags Ref ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomSu
8 Replies

9. AIX

Default Route add fails

AIX version 5.3 when I try to add default gateway # route add 0 192.168.100.254 Or # route add default 192.168.100.254 I get the error 0821-275 route: socket: The file access permissions do not allow the specified action. searching on google i came across similar... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Default route in system

Hi All Recently we have faced issue in SUN server after reboot of node 2 default routs has been added to system as below IRE Table: IPv4 **Destination*************Mask***********Gateway**********Device Mxfrg Rtt***Ref Flg**Out**In/Fwd* -------------------- ---------------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaysa123
2 Replies
defaultrouter(4)                                                   File Formats                                                   defaultrouter(4)

NAME
defaultrouter - configuration file for default router(s) SYNOPSIS
/etc/defaultrouter DESCRIPTION
The /etc/defaultrouter file specifies a IPv4 host's default router(s). The format of the file is as follows: IP_address ... The /etc/defaultrouter file can contain the IP addresses or hostnames of one or more default routers, with each entry on its own line. If you use hostnames, each hostname must also be listed in the local /etc/hosts file, because no name services are running at the time that defaultrouter is read. Lines beginning with the ``#'' character are treated as comments. The default routes listed in this file replace those added by the kernel during diskless booting. An empty /etc/defaultrouter file will cause the default route added by the kernel to be deleted. Use of a default route, whether received from a DHCP server or from /etc/defaultrouter, prevents a machine from acting as an IPv4 router. You can use routeadm(1M) to override this behavior. FILES
/etc/defaultrouter Configuration file containing the hostnames or IP addresses of one or more default routers. SEE ALSO
in.rdisc(1M), in.routed(1M), routeadm(1M), hosts(4) SunOS 5.10 17 Aug 2004 defaultrouter(4)