Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to find multiple line matching? Post 302669609 by ran123 on Wednesday 11th of July 2012 06:08:56 AM
Old 07-11-2012
How to find multiple line matching?

Hi Unix Gurus,
I have two part of question. Any one or both answers will help me a lot.

I have a folder with many files in them. They contain SQL statement , Bind variables, Timing etc. I want to find a particular SQL(stored in one file with multiple line). I want to find that SQL in all other log files and from those file , once SQL is find then print all lines below the SQL till we find text "SQL Statement Initial Fetch Time"(including this line). Greatly appreciate your help.

to reiterate
1. store sql in file (say a.sql). Find this sql in all *.log files in folder.
2. once sql find then in that file print lines below that sql till we reach string "SQL Statement Initial Fetch Time"

Thank you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching multiple times in same line

Hi, I am stuck with pattern matching. I need to match a particular pattern several times in a same line and replace them. for ex., I need to convert (abc XY) (bvf ZY) bla bla to XY ZY bla bla I tried.. s/\(+ (.+)\)/$1/gi and it works (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oldtrash
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find -regex: matching multiple extensions

I want to use find to locate files with two different extensions, and run a grep on the results. The closest I have gotten is incredibly slow and ugly: for i in `ls -laR|egrep -e '(.js|.css)'`; do find . -name $i -print|xargs grep -H searchBg; done; This method makes my eyes bleed. Help! ;) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: r0sc0
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed find matching pattern delete next line

trying to use sed in finding a matching pattern in a file then deleting the next line only .. pattern --> <ad-content> I tried this but it results are not what I wish sed '/<ad-content>/{N;d;}' akv.xml > akv5.xml ex, <Celebrant2First>Mickey</Celebrant2First> <ad-content> Minnie... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aveitas
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find out line number of matching string using grep

Hi all, I want to display line number for matching string in a file. can anyone please help me. I used grep -n "ABC" file so it displays 6 ABC. But i only want to have line number,i don't want that it should prefix matching context with line number. Actually my original... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to find a multiple line block and replace with a multiple line block

I would perfer to use cut and paste to do this but I can't find a GUI to do this with. What I want to do is to find a multiple line block of code like Exit Sub Log_Handler: then replace it with GoTo RSLogRtn Exit Sub Log_Handler: Basically it is just an insert, but I may want to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Randem
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find string multiple times, same line

Hi everybody, Fairly simple question here: I need an awk, sed, or grep command that will find the same string multiple times on one line needs to return all lines which contain .02 twice. I do know the exact number of characters in between the two occurrences of .02 if that helps, all... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgrosecl
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple pattern find and delete line

I have a file # cat /tmp/user_find.txt /home/user/bad_link1 /home/user/www /home/user/mail /home/user/access_logs /home/user/bad_link2 I need to delete lines where there are patterns /home/user/www, /home/user/mail and /home/user/access_logs. I used below method, but its throwing error... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files not matching multiple patterns and then delete anything older than 10 days

Hi, I have multiple files in my log folder. e.g: a_m1.log b_1.log c_1.log d_1.log b_2.log c_2.log d_2.log e_m1.log a_m2.log e_m2.log I need to keep latest 10 instances of each file. I can write multiple find commands but looking if it is possible in one line. m file are monthly... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahi80
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Group Multiple Lines on SINGLE line matching pattern

Hi Guys, I am trying to format my csv file. When I spool the file using sqlplus the single row output is wrapped on three lines. Somehow I managed to format that file and finally i am trying to make the multiple line on single line. The below command is working fine but I need to pass the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJSKR28
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed find multiple expressions plus next next line

Hello I am trying to write sed code where it will look through the text for lines with specific expression "Started by user" and when found, will also add the following line, and also lines with another expression "Finished:" sed -n '/Started by user/, +1p, /Finished:/'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlesny
4 Replies
SQL::Statement::TermFactory(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  SQL::Statement::TermFactory(3pm)

NAME
SQL::Statement::TermFactory - Factory for SQL::Statement::Term instances SYNOPSIS
my $termFactory = SQL::Statement::TermFactory->new($stmt); my $whereTerms = $termFactory->buildCondition( $stmt->{where_clause} ); my $col = $termFactory->buildCondition( $stmt->{col_obj}->{$name}->{content} ); DESCRIPTION
This package implements a factory to create type and operation based terms. Those terms are used to access data from the table(s) - either when evaluating the where clause or returning column data. The concept of a factory can be studied in Design Patterns by the Gang of Four. The concept of using polymorphism instead of conditions is suggested by Martin Fowler in his book Refactoring. METHODS
buildCondition Builds a condition object from a given (part of a) where clause. This method calls itself recursively for predicates. AUTHOR AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2001,2005 by Jeff Zucker: jzuckerATcpan.org Copyright (c) 2008-2010 by Jens Rehsack: rehsackATcpan.org Portions Copyright (C) 1998 by Jochen Wiedmann: jwiedATcpan.org All rights reserved. You may distribute this module under the terms of either the GNU General Public License or the Artistic License, as specified in the Perl README file. perl v5.10.1 2011-02-01 SQL::Statement::TermFactory(3pm)