Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting XML dateTime format in shell script Post 302669151 by Corona688 on Tuesday 10th of July 2012 01:18:00 PM
Old 07-10-2012
It depends. What's your system?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

generate xml from a shell script

Hello! I would like to generate an xml file from the output of various commands generated from within a shell script (some will be in CDATA). At the moment the only solution I have come up with is echoing xml tags around the commands eg. echo "<bitism>" >> outputfile /usr/sbin/prtconf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: speedieB
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

DateTime Format Conversion in a File

Hi Pals. I have a file which is in the below format. 2007/10/15-12:04:24,'CRLift','TH-42PX75U','BestBuy','W01P0207',22,15,'User1' 2007/10/15-12:04:26,'CRLift','TH-42PX75U','BestBuy','W01P0207',22,15,'User2' 2007/10/15-12:04:29,'CRLift','TH-42PX75U','BestBuy','W01P0207',22,15,'User3'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthgr1
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove xml namespace from xml file using shell script?

I have an xml file: <AutoData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <Table1> <Data1 10 </Data1> <Data2 20 </Data2> <Data3 40 </Data3> <Table1> </AutoData> and I have to remove the portion xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" only. I tried using sed... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary1978
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML using Shell Script

Hello, I'm a starting shell scripter and no Perl knowledge. I've trying to do this for a while: I want to parse an XML file and get certain data out of it and write that data into a CSV file, all this using Shell Scripting (in Bash). Or Perl without any XML Parser/Interpreter (if possible). ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kage Musha
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Rename a file to a file_current datetime in a shell script

Hi all, Could anyone suggest me on Renaming a file to a file_current datetime in a shell script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nithin
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Datetime Format 'yyyymmddmiss' Calculation

Given a time format yyyymmddmiss 201007221403 How can I add or minus minutes such that it becomes 201007221348 when I minus away 15 minutes from the time? Also, given a time frame, let say 10 days, how do I check if a date 201006231403 that is not more than 10 days behind... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alienated
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML parsing in a shell script.

Below is a XML I have... <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> <component xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="urn:XXXXX-www-Install-Manifest manifest.xsd" xmlns="urn:qqqqq-Install-Manifest" name="OM" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML parsing using shell script

I have a xml file like this <bul:collectionStrategy name="strategy1"> <bul:collectionTemplateGroup name="15min group"/> <bul:collectionTemplateGroup name="hourly group"/> </bul:collectionStrategy> <bul:CollectionTemplateGroup name="hourly group" > ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LavanyaP
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML using shell script

Well, issue is i have to parse this script to get the VERSION: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"> <plist version="1.0"> <dict> <key>CFBundleAllowMixedLocalizations</key> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorosinister
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX/PERL script to convert XML file to pipe delimited format

Hello, I need to get few values from a XML file and output needs to be written in another file with pipe delimited format. The Header & Footer of the Pipe Delimited file will be constant. The below is my sample XML file. I need to pull the values in between the XML tags <Operator_info to... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthi1305561
15 Replies
conv(3) 						     Library Functions Manual							   conv(3)

Name
       toupper, tolower, _toupper, _tolower, toascii - translate characters

Syntax
       #include <ctype.h>

int toupper(c)
       int c;

int tolower(c)
       int c;

int _toupper(c)
       int c;

int _tolower(c)
       int c;

int toascii(c)
       int c;

Description
       The  functions  and  have  as their domain the range of the function. If the argument to represents a lowercase letter, the output from the
       function is the corresponding uppercase letter. If the argument to represents an uppercase letter, the result is the  corresponding  lower-
       case letter.

The  case  of  c depends on the definition of the character in the language database. Because the case of a character can vary between lan-
       guage databases, the case of c depends on what language database is in use. Specifically, the case of arguments depends	on  what  property
       tables  are  associated the LC_CTYPE category.  Property tables are associated with the LC_CTYPE category by a successful call to the func-
       tion that includes the LC_CTYPE category. If no successful call to define LC_CTYPE has occurred or if the  character  case  information	is
       unavailable for the language in use, the rules of the ASCII coded character set determine the case of arguments.

If  the	argument  to the function does not have the uppercase attribute, returns the argument unchanged.  Likewise, if the argument to the
       function does not have the lowercase attribute, returns it unchanged.

The macros and have the same affect as and The difference is that the argument to the macros must be an ASCII character (that is, a charac-
       ter in the domain -1 to 127) and the argument must have the appropriate case.  Arguments to must have the uppercase attribute and arguments
       to must the lowercase attribute. The result of supplying arguments to these macros that are outside the domain or do not have the appropri-
       ate case is undefined.  These macros operate faster than the and functions.

The  macro  converts its argument to the ASCII character set. The macro converts its argument by truncating the numerical representation of
       the argument so that it is between -1 and 127. You can use this macro when you move an application to a system other than an ULTRIX system.

International Environment
       LC_CTYPE       If this environment variable is set and valid, uses the international language database named in the definition to determine
		      character classification rules.

See Also
       ctype(3int), setlocale(3), getc(3)

conv(3)