Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract record in shell script,so far using awk without success Post 302669055 by elixir_sinari on Tuesday 10th of July 2012 11:02:39 AM
Old 07-10-2012
With awk:

Code:
awk '
BEGIN{print "Sch Date/Time\tDirectn\tDestination\tFile Format\t\tEERP Date/Time"
      print "==============\t=======\t===========\t===========\t\t=============="
      OFS="\t"} 
$4=="S"{
hh=substr($9,1,2)
mm=substr($9,3,2)
ss=substr($9,5,2)
$9=(ss+0>=30?(mm==59?(hh==23?"00:00":(hh+1)":00"):(hh":"(mm+1))):(hh":"mm))
print $1" "$2,$4,$6,$7,$8" "$9}' inputfile

Output:
Code:
Sch Date/Time   Directn Destination     File Format             EERP Date/Time
==============  ======= ===========     ===========             ==============
10/07 12:47     S       ANVISER0        DELF96A.V1.O.TENRREG    120710 13:47
10/07 15:47     S       ANVISER0        DELF96A.V1.O.TENRREG    120710 15:57

Change the static text and/or the logic as per your requirement...

Last edited by elixir_sinari; 07-10-2012 at 12:10 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to elixir_sinari For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract data from xml- shell script using awk

Hi, This is the xml file that i have. - <front-servlet platform="WAS4.0" request-retriever="SiteMinder-aware" configuration-rescan-interval="60000"> <concurrency-throttle maximum-concurrency="50" redirect-page="/jsp/defaulterror.jsp" /> - <loggers> <instrumentation... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nishana
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Awk in shell script to extract an index of a substring from a parent string

Hi All, I am new to this shell scripting world. Struck up with a problem, can anyone of you please pull me out of this. Requirement : Need to get the index of a substring from a parent string Eg : index("Sandy","dy") should return 4 or 3. My Approach : I used Awk function index to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepms17
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Testing success of AWK code in KSH script

I need a bit of help here on something simple. I have a KSH script (must be KSH) that needs to change 2 positional variables in a CSV script. The CSV script looks like this: 00001,010109,01/01/2009 00:01:01 00008,090509,09/05/2009 13:47:26 My AWK script will change $2 and $3 based... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kretara
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to extract particular record

Hi, I have a large file with huge number of records which are of following pattern: TYPE1 { originNodeType : "IVR" originHostName : "AAIVR" originTransactionID : "01310559" originTimeStamp : "20110620192440+0530" hostName : "hhhh" voucher : '0'D rProfileID : "ZZZZ" Before { Flags :... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhukar1anand
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk script printing each record twice

i have a find command piped to an awk script, I'm expecting it printing the matching record one time but it's doing it twice: the following is my code: find directoryname | awk 'BEGIN { FS="/" } /.*\.$/ || /.*\.$/ { printf "%s/%s\n", $(NF-1), $NF } it gave me the correct output, but just... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ymc1g11
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save awk record field in bourne shell variable

Hello, I am trying to write a shell script that maintains the health of the passwd file. The goal is to check for duplicate usernames, UID's etc. I am able to find and sort out the UID and login names via awk (which I would like to use), but I can't figure out how to save the record field into a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Learn4Life
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Millions of record using shell script

I wanna create a millions of record using shell scripts.. the scenario is somehow like this,,,i want to create the record for these fields in my database..id,name,addrs,sales. So can you please give a overall idea for how to achieve it? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shankarpanda003
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare current record,with next and previous record in awk without using array?

Hi! all can any one tell me how to compare current record of column with next and previous record in awk without using array my case is like this input.txt 0 32 1 26 2 27 3 34 4 26 5 25 6 24 9 23 0 32 1 28 2 15 3 26 4 24 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dona Clara
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract timestamp from first record in xml file and it checks if not it will replace first record

I have test.xml <emp><id>101</id><name>AAA</name><date>06/06/14 1811</date></emp> <Join><id>101</id><city>london</city><date>06/06/14 2011</date></join> <Join><id>101</id><city>new york</city><date>06/06/14 1811</date></join> <Join><id>101</id><city>sydney</city><date>06/06/14... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsraju
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to execute Oracle procedure and trigerring email on success and failure

Here is the shell script which need to trigger a stored procedure and when the record count is 0 then it should capture in the log that 0 duplicate records are found and if it's more than 0 then log with no of records. Also if there is any sqlerror then it should write the same in the log file and... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: senmng
17 Replies
APSFILTER-BUG(1)					    BSD General Commands Manual 					  APSFILTER-BUG(1)

NAME
apsfilter-bug -- create a half-automatic bug report for apsfilter SYNOPSIS
apsfilter-bug OPTIONS
none DESCRIPTION
With the apsfilter-bug script you can automatically create a bug report for apsfilter(1). A template report file is created which you can edit with your favourite editor ( emacs(1) by default, or whatever is entered in the environment variable EDITOR ). You will see a couple of lines starting with '#'; these lines will be removed before the report is sent. So if you want to use the '#' char- acter at the beginning of a line, just indent it with a space. A very important piece of the bug report is the debugging log created by aps2file(1), probably with a command like aps2file -D -o /dev/null [-P...] [-Z...] [input] 2> log.txt Unless you don't even have a chance to create a debugging log, it is crucial for serious bug hunting. After you have filled in as much (useful) information as possible, you must save the file under its original name, then exit your editor. If you invoked apsfilter-bug by accident, or if you need some additional system information to include into the bug report, just exit your editor without saving the file. NOTES
In addition to the stuff you've edited, some more information is appended to the bug report automatically: apsfilter version 7.2.6-stable ghostscript version (from 'gs --version') system id (from 'uname -a') configure options --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-awk=/usr/bin/awk --with-sendmail=/usr/sbin/sendmail shell executable /bin/bash awk executable /usr/bin/awk sendmail executable /usr/sbin/sendmail FILES
/usr/bin/aps2file script to create debugging output SEE ALSO
apsfilter(1), aps2file(1) BUGS
See apsfilter software center - http://www.apsfilter.org/ - for new versions, bugfixes and known bugs. Please use the new tool apsfilter-bug(1) to release bug- or problem reports. It automatically presents you a form in an editor window which asks you some standard questions. If you save and quit the editor session, then this report is sent automatically via e-mail to the proper apsfilter mailinglist. If apsfilter fails to print something or prints it in a way you wouldn't expect and you want to report an apsfilter error then please save the debugging output of one print session using the new aps2file(1) utility by typing aps2file -D -Z options file > /dev/null 2> file.debug and including the debugging output in the file file.debug into the edit session of the apsfilter-bug utility, so that it is included into the mail to the apsfilter mailinglist. Please note that you need to run /bin/sh (Bourne Shell), bash or a compatible shell, so that the above mentioned output redirection works. Under C-shell (/bin/csh) or tcsh it would't work. If you don't know, then simply make sure you use the Bournce shell by typing /bin/sh or bash, then you should have no problems with redirection of stdout and stderr (> /dev/null 2> file.debug). DOCUMENTATION
See official apsfilter homepage http://www.apsfilter.org/handbook.html Apsfilter Handbook including the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) USER FORUM
Please send questions to the official apsfilter help channel apsfilter-help@apsfilter.org. The above section BUGS and the file HOWTO-BUGREPORTS tells you how to report bugs. If you want to know how to troubleshoot your apsfilter installation, please read the manpage aps2file(1) and apsfilter-bug(1) as well as the Apsfilter Handbook carefully. HISTORY
The apsfilter-bug manpage has been written by Michael LoBin <phallobst@web.de> and first appeared in apsfilter V 7.1.0. BSD
Dec 26, 2001 BSD