Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Major and Minor number of Virtual File System Post 302668623 by subhash_kumar on Monday 9th of July 2012 04:37:10 PM
Old 07-09-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitj
I also think same.. but what are the device numbers mentioned pfiles for the inodes residing in virtual file system?

EX.

Code:

pfiles output:

255: S_IFREG mode:0666 dev:297,1 ino:65539 uid:0 gid:0 size:0
      O_RDWR|O_LARGEFILE FD_CLOEXEC
      /system/contract/process/template

bash-3.2# df -h /system/contract/process/template
Filesystem             size   used  avail capacity  Mounted on
ctfs                     0K     0K     0K     0%    /system/contract
bash-3.2#

---------- Post updated at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous update was at 02:05 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitj
Hi friends, Please let me know if there is any way to find out Major and Minor numbers of virtual file system like below:

Code:
/devices                 0K     0K     0K     0%    /devices
ctfs                     0K     0K     0K     0%    /system/contract
proc                     0K     0K     0K     0%    /proc
mnttab                   0K     0K     0K     0%    /etc/mnttab
swap                   661M  1004K   660M     1%    /etc/svc/volatile
objfs                    0K     0K     0K     0%    /system/object
sharefs                  0K     0K     0K     0%    /etc/dfs/sharetab
fd                       0K     0K     0K     0%    /dev/fd
swap                   660M   116K   660M     1%    /tmp
swap                   660M    36K   660M     1%    /var/run

Hi,
Minor and major number is only for physical device not for any Virtual device and file.Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Device Major/Minor numbers

To further my fledgling knowledge of C, I am re-writing some of the Unix command set. My current command is an ls-style command. All works well, except for device files. How do I get the major/minor numbers for the dev files? I see from the stat struct there are st_rdev and st_dev members. Do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zazzybob
1 Replies

2. Solaris

major & minor number

Hi Can anyone tell me what is major number and minor number in the mknod command. Also what these numbers mean. I have gone through the man pages but still I couldn't understand. Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RajaRC
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort major.minor.release_build_x

would like to order this input based on major.minor.release AND build number Label abc_def_0.0.3_build_999 2008/08/01 'Created by me.' Label abc_def_0.0.9_build_1000 2008/08/01 'Created by me.' Label abc_def_9.0.9_build_10001 2008/08/01 'Created by me.' Label abc_def_10.9.100_build_2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurpal2000
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Help with Major and minor number

Hi Does anyone know what the major and minor numbers are in Solaris? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisdom
2 Replies

5. AIX

how do I change major-minor numbers of disk devices

Good evening ... does anyone of you know how to change major/minor numbers of disk devices ? I had to migrate from raid1 to raid5 and this messed up my ASM cluster - I know which devices should have which IDs to match the content - but I have no idea how to change it. Any help would be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zxmaus
2 Replies

6. AIX

Difference between Major and Minor in AIX

Difference between Major and Minor in AIX (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIXlearner
5 Replies

7. Programming

which head file for major and minor function?

#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <sys/termios.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <stddef.h> #include <string.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <signal.h> #include <sys/mkdev.h> int main(int argc, char *argv) { int i; struct stat buf; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: konvalo
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to filter out major and minor?

Hi, I have line like this : proj_name/module/trunk/module_1_0 where the first "1" refers to major version and second "0" refers to minor version. any AWK or command like that so that I can filter out the major and minor ? like major= command | input line minor= command |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering my major and minor values

I want to remove all rows with a minor repeating count less than 30% compared to the major repeating count from my table. The values of a col(starting col 2) can assume is A,T,G,C and N. Each row has at least 2 values and at most 4 repeating values(out of ATGC). N is considered a missing value... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie83
12 Replies
sharefs(7FS)							   File Systems 						      sharefs(7FS)

NAME
sharefs - Kernel sharetab filesystem DESCRIPTION
The sharefs filesystem describes the state of all shares currently loaded by the kernel. It is mounted during boot time as a read-only file at /etc/dfs/sharetab. Filesystem contents are dynamic and reflect the current set of shares in the system. File contents are described in sharetab(4). File contents can be modified as a result of share(1M), sharectl(1M), sharemgr(1M) and changing properties of a zfs(1M) data set. The module may not be unloaded dynamically by the kernel. FILES
/etc/dfs/sharetab System record of shared file systems. SEE ALSO
share(1M), sharectl(1M), sharemgr(1M), zfs(1M), sharetab(4) SunOS 5.11 31 Oct 2007 sharefs(7FS)