Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Inserting a new line into an already existing file Post 302668199 by hemalathak10 on Monday 9th of July 2012 02:18:04 AM
Old 07-09-2012
Java

thank you zedex and bartus11, it works fine now SmilieSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print one line of Existing File

Hi all, I need to know what command/s I can use to print lines from a file. I cannot do pattern matching, so grepping for a string is not possible. I'd like to say "print line 3" etc. Any ideas? Ta. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danhodges99
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Inserting Date&Time Stamp In Existing Log File

I am trying to insert a line with a date stamp in a file that is used to monitor activity in one of our directories. By doing this, I want to grep that file each day and go to the last entry for each time a error occurred and pull all errors generated if any exist. If error exists I want that error... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shephardfamily
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting New Line in File using Sed ??

Dear All, I have a file called football where i have a list of 11 players each on different lines. I wish to add a name of another player on the first line. I have created a file called footballscript in vi writing the following sed command to achieve this ... cat football | sed -e '1 i\... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mary_xxx
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing and inserting common line in other file

Hi, I have two files-- file1- file2:- i have to compare two files and where the uid is same i have to take the password and insert it above the telephone number. the output should be like this-- uid : 1418 common so insert the password thbs above the line telephonenumber. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

inserting a new line in a file

I'm sure you guys have answered this elsewhere but I can't seem to find where so here goes. #!/bin/bash n=120 a=$(sed '120q;d' energy.xvg) while ;do a=$(sed $n'q;d' energy.xvg) echo "$a \n" > newfile n=$(($n+100)) done exit 0 that script should read the file energy.xvg, start at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gelitini
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help in Inserting a new line in a file using PERL

I need a perl script to find and replace a specific pattern in a file to a new line. BAsically I have a single line data in a file with 10 mb to 200 MB. I want to put a new line based on a specific pattern to open the file in Excel / Access. Following is the sample data in a file ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: portalfaq
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

inserting line to a file

I have posted it previously but somehow could not delete the previous post.I felt i could not explain the problem statement well. Here t goes.I have a file say File1. Now i need a specific pattern from the lines to be added to the other line. File: red blue green ABC.txt@ABC END black... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ngupta
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting IP in one line of a file

Hi, I have this line: ip=111.222.133.144,mac=00:16:3E:2A:08:3C,vifname=veth360','ip=10.2.3.4,vifname=veth360a' ^ | ------- I want to insert this IP 144.133.222.111 between "144"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting a line in a file after every alternate line

Friends , I have a large file and i need to insert a line after every line.I am actually unaware how to do it.Any help appreciated. My File control station *ATM* , qread $OSS.Jul13A.FI01 interval 1 intcount 1 control station *ATM* , qread $OSS.Jul13A.FI02 interval 1 intcount... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: appu2176
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting a line to a file

Hi, consider a file called mobile.txt as follows: For type lovers, add a new line at the end of it by copying its previous line and add a +1 to the field1, field2 Additionally, there are only 3 plans available to lovers type, so it should not work for lovers type already having 3 lines under... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gautham
11 Replies
XFIREWORKS(6)							   Games Manual 						     XFIREWORKS(6)

NAME
XFireworks - Fireworks in the root window on X. SYNOPSIS
xfireworks [ options ] DESCRIPTION
XFireworks makes fireworks in the root window on X. This is imitation of Japanese "Hanabi Taikai". It is very popular event in Japanese summer and performed on some rivers. Sumidagawa River's Hanabi Taikai is very popular. The author has seen Arakawa River's Hanabi Taikai every year. OPTIONS
-h, -help Output help messages. -display [displayname] The name of the X server to use. -bg, -background, -background-color [color name] Background color of the root window. -f, -file [filename] The name of the file to configure fireworks. Default configure file is ./xfireworks.conf -wait [wait time] Wait time for micro seconds. -fine [number] Steps of moving pieces of fireworks for percent. Default value is 100. If this value is small, xfireworks runs quickly and speedy. -gradation [number] Color gradation. Default value is 16. If color gradation is a little, colors are shared, memory of X server and xfireworks are saved, and xfireworks starts up quickly. -direct-draw XFireworks draw fireworks in the root window directly. (Default) -no-direct-draw XFireworks draw fireworks in a pixmap and copy it to the root window as a background pixmap. If xfireworks don't run properly or you want to run XFireworks as a background pixmap, try this option. -probability, -probability-magnification [number] Magnification of probability of performing fireworks for percent. Default value is 100. If this value is small, fireworks is very silent. If this value is large, fireworks is very loud. -size, -size-magnification [number] Magnification of size of pieces for percent. Default value is 100. -air, -air-magnification [number] Magnification of air resistance for percent. Default value is 100. -gravity, -gravity-magnification [number] Magnification of gravity for percent. Default value is 100. -transmission, -transmission-magnification [number] Magnification of velocity transmission for percent. Default value is 100. -after-image, -after-image-magnification [number] Magnification of after images length for percent. Default value is 100. If this value is large, length of after images is very long. -color-length, -color-length-magnification [number] Magnification of color change length for percent. Default value is 100. -next-power, -next-power-magnification [number] Magnification of pieces explosion power for percent. Default value is 100. -next-number, -next-number-magnification [number] Magnification of the number of pieces for percent. Default value is 100. If this value is small, fireworks is very silent. If this value is large, fireworks is very loud. EXAMPLES
If your machine is very slow, try > xfireworks -fine 75 -after-image 75 If your machine has less colors, try > xfireworks -gradation 5 XFireworks use 5x5x5=125 colors. If you have very high spec machine, try > xfireworks -fine 200 -after-image 150 -gradation 64 -wait 10000 If you like simple fireworks (it's Japanese "Wabi Sabi"), try > xfireworks -probability 50 If you like loud fireworks, try > xfireworks -probability 500 -after-image 200 -next-number 120 If xfireworks don't run properly, try > xfireworks -direct-draw or > xfireworks -no-direct-draw SEE ALSO
X(1) FILES
./xfireworks.conf, /usr/lib/games/xfireworks/xfireworks.conf The default file to configure XFireworks. XFireworks search the configuration file in the current directry at first. If not exist, second, XFireworks search "<XRoot>/lib/X11/XFire- works". If not exist, XFireworks use the default data in itself at last. You can get the newest xfireworks.conf from the web page of XFireworks. The newest xfireworks.conf has more kinds of fireworks and is more beautiful. Q AND A
Q. All of fireworks are white. A. Your machine have less colors. Use -gradation option and decrease the number of colors to use. Q. If I use gmc (GNOME file manager), xfireworks runs very slow. A. Try -no-direct-draw option. Q. I want to put fireworks on the root window as a background picture. But, if I stop xfireworks with Ctrl-C, the root window is cleaned. A. Try -no-direct-draw option. If you run xfireworks with -no-direct-draw option, xfireworks don't clean the root window when you stop xfire- works. Q. If I use xfireworks with -fine 500 -after-image 500 options, movements of fireworks are not smoothly. A. Try -no-direct-draw option. If you run xfireworks with -no-direct-draw option, xfireworks draw fireworks on a pixmap and copy it to the root window, and movements of fireworks are smoothly. Q. I want to see more beautiful fireworks! A. Access the XFireworks's web page and download the newest xfireworks.conf. Q. I want to make my original fireworks! A. Edit xfireworks.conf. If you make more beautiful fireworks, please send it to the author. AUTHOR
Programed by SAKAI Hiroaki. E-Mail: sakai@seki.ee.kagu.sut.ac.jp, hsakai@pfu.co.jp Web site: http://www.seki.ee.kagu.sut.ac.jp/~sakai/myfreesoft/index.html Mirror site: http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA014157/myfreesoft/index.html http://www.people.or.jp/~hsakai/myfreesoft/index.html If you want the newest xfireworks.conf, access these web pages. SPECIAL THANKS
Hashimoto Jun for many advices and test on Linux. Simosako Akira for test on Linux and many informations. Koga Kazuhiro for test on Linux. Umehara Taro for test on FreeBSD. Morimi Asuka for many advices. COPYRIGHT
XFireworks Copyright (c) 2000 SAKAI Hiroaki. All Rights Reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option) any later version. X Version 11 Release 6 XFIREWORKS(6)