Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FTP using script not working (for transfering file from a remote unix server to windows PC.) Post 302668161 by dll_fpga on Monday 9th of July 2012 12:50:56 AM
Old 07-09-2012
hi pkk,
thank u...im using the second case..
below is the log file..,im getting ...But transfer is not succes...still im not able to get the file in windows.
++++++++++++++++++++++
Code:
Connected to 10.29.45.11.
220 (vsFTPd 2.0.1)
530 Please login with USER and PASS.
530 Please login with USER and PASS.
KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type
331 Please specify the password.
230 Login successful.
local: rtl.tar remote: rtl.tar
227 Entering Passive Mode (10,29,45,11,226,226)
150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for rtl.tar (45502 bytes).
WARNING! 196 bare linefeeds received in ASCII mode
File may not have transferred correctly.
226 File send OK.
45502 bytes received in 0.046 seconds (9.6e+02 Kbytes/s)
221 Goodbye.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
please help

Last edited by Franklin52; 07-11-2012 at 05:01 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Transfering file from unix server to a windows pc

Is there a way to transfer files from unix server to windows directory,other than ftp? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Preet
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote Access to FTP server not working

I am trying to setup an FTP server in a Fedora Core 3 machine through the command line interface and not KDE. I think I am successful in getting the ftp service running, as when I do an ftp 127.0.0.1, I am able to log in using any one the user accounts I have created on this machine and browse... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cooljumbo2k8
8 Replies

3. Solaris

vsftp is not working only when i ftp from windows server

Hello Gurus, Naif is implemented for only for port 21 for few windows servers. I have made my linux 5.1 as my FTP server. After installing vsftpd i could ftp from other linux server. linux to linux (ftp server) But same when i ftp from other windows server which only port 21 is enabled.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bullz26
0 Replies

4. Linux

vsftp is not working only when i ftp from windows server

Hello Gurus, Naif is implemented for only for port 21 for few windows servers. I have made my linux 5.1 as my FTP server. After installing vsftpd i could ftp from other linux server. linux to linux (ftp server) But same when i ftp from other windows server which only port 21 is enabled.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bullz26
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to ftp the files from windows to unix server

Hi, I need to ftp some input files from windows to unix server.All the files will be saved in the C drive in my machine. Currently all these files are transferring manually to the unix server.I need to write a shell script which ftp the files from windows to unix box.When I searched in the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavithakuttyk
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script to FTP file from UNIX server to windows

Hi, I am new to this subject.....Can someone please help me out with the script... unix usernm "sdhftst" unix pwd "chsd13" windows usernm "dfghtst" windows pwd "chsd13" path..../xxx/xxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxxx please can u get me a script...its only one file to get ftp. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: himakiran9
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help for ftp a file from unix to windows server

I have a problem with ftp. i want to ftp a file "file.txt" from unix box to windows server. The destination folder is something like this: "\\windowsservername\apps\is\" FTPUSER=ftp1 FTPPASS=**** ftp -v -d -n > ftplog <<!EOF open windowsservername user $FTPUSER $FTPASS cd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diddy
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from windows to unix server using unix shell script

Hi, Is it possible to ftp a huge zip file from windows to unix server using unix shell scripting? If so what command i need to use. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shri123
1 Replies
xferlog(4)							   File Formats 							xferlog(4)

NAME
xferlog - FTP Server transfer log file SYNOPSIS
/var/log/xferlog DESCRIPTION
The xferlog file contains transfer logging information from the FTP Server, in.ftpd(1M). You can use the logfile capability to change the location of the log file. See ftpaccess(4). By default, each server entry is composed of a single line of the following form. All fields are separated by spaces. current-time transfer-time remote-host bytes-transferred filename transfer-type special-action-flag direction access-mode username service-name authentication-method authenticated-user-id completion-status The xferlog format capability can be used to customize the transfer log file format used. In addition to those in the default format, it also supports chroot-filename, file-size, and restart-offset fields. See ftpaccess(4). The fields are defined as follows: current-time The current local time in the form DDD MMM dd hh:mm:ss YYYY, where: DDD Is the day of the week MMM Is the month dd Is the day of the month hh Is the hour mm Is the minutes ss Is the seconds YYYY Is the year transfer-time The total time in seconds for the transfer remote-host The remote host name bytes-transferred The number of bytes transferred filename The absolute pathname of the transferred file transfer-type A single character indicating the type of transfer: a Indicates an ascii transfer b Indicates a binary transfer special-action-flag One or more single character flags that indicate any special action taken. The special-action-flag can have one of more of the following values: C File was compressed U File was uncompressed T File was archived, for example, by using tar(1) _ (underbar) No action was taken. direction The direction of the transfer. direction can have one of the following values: o Outgoing i Incoming access-mode The method by which the user is logged in. access-mode can have one of the following values: a For an anonymous user. g For a passworded guest user. See the description of the guestgroup capability in ftpaccess(4). r For a real, locally authenticated user username The local username, or if anonymous, the ID string given service-name The name of the service invoked, usually ftp authentication-method The method of authentication used. authentication-method can have one of the following values: 0 None 1 RFC 931 authentication authenticated-user-id The user ID returned by the authentication method. A * is used if an authenticated user ID is not available. completion-status A single character indicating the status of the transfer. completion-status can have one of the following values: c Indicates complete transfer i Indicates incomplete transfer chroot-filename The pathname of the transferred file relative to the chroot point. This will differ from the filename field for anonymous and guest users. file-size The size, in bytes, of the file on the server. restart-offset The offset, in bytes, at which the file transfer was restarted (0 when no restart offset was specified). FILES
/var/log/xferlog ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
tar(1), in.ftpd(1M), ftpaccess(4), ftpconversions(4), attributes(5) StJohns, Mike. RFC 931, Authentication Server. Network Working Group. January 1985. SunOS 5.11 25 Apr 2003 xferlog(4)