Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FTP using script not working (for transfering file from a remote unix server to windows PC.) Post 302668151 by dll_fpga on Monday 9th of July 2012 12:06:31 AM
Old 07-09-2012
hi PKK45,
i have taken this script from this forum... eventhough its showing that file is sent,im not able to find tht in my c drive of windows..
Please help me troubleshoot..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Transfering file from unix server to a windows pc

Is there a way to transfer files from unix server to windows directory,other than ftp? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Preet
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote Access to FTP server not working

I am trying to setup an FTP server in a Fedora Core 3 machine through the command line interface and not KDE. I think I am successful in getting the ftp service running, as when I do an ftp 127.0.0.1, I am able to log in using any one the user accounts I have created on this machine and browse... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cooljumbo2k8
8 Replies

3. Solaris

vsftp is not working only when i ftp from windows server

Hello Gurus, Naif is implemented for only for port 21 for few windows servers. I have made my linux 5.1 as my FTP server. After installing vsftpd i could ftp from other linux server. linux to linux (ftp server) But same when i ftp from other windows server which only port 21 is enabled.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bullz26
0 Replies

4. Linux

vsftp is not working only when i ftp from windows server

Hello Gurus, Naif is implemented for only for port 21 for few windows servers. I have made my linux 5.1 as my FTP server. After installing vsftpd i could ftp from other linux server. linux to linux (ftp server) But same when i ftp from other windows server which only port 21 is enabled.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bullz26
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to ftp the files from windows to unix server

Hi, I need to ftp some input files from windows to unix server.All the files will be saved in the C drive in my machine. Currently all these files are transferring manually to the unix server.I need to write a shell script which ftp the files from windows to unix box.When I searched in the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavithakuttyk
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script to FTP file from UNIX server to windows

Hi, I am new to this subject.....Can someone please help me out with the script... unix usernm "sdhftst" unix pwd "chsd13" windows usernm "dfghtst" windows pwd "chsd13" path..../xxx/xxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxxx please can u get me a script...its only one file to get ftp. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: himakiran9
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help for ftp a file from unix to windows server

I have a problem with ftp. i want to ftp a file "file.txt" from unix box to windows server. The destination folder is something like this: "\\windowsservername\apps\is\" FTPUSER=ftp1 FTPPASS=**** ftp -v -d -n > ftplog <<!EOF open windowsservername user $FTPUSER $FTPASS cd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diddy
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from windows to unix server using unix shell script

Hi, Is it possible to ftp a huge zip file from windows to unix server using unix shell scripting? If so what command i need to use. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shri123
1 Replies
AMTAPE(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 AMTAPE(8)

NAME
amtape - user interface to Amanda tape changer controls SYNOPSIS
amtape config command [ command options ] DESCRIPTION
Amtape performs tape changer control operations. It uses the underlying tape changer script defined by the tpchanger option for a particu- lar Amanda configuration as specified by the config argument. Tape changers maintain a notion of the current and next slot for each configuration. These may or may not correspond to an actual physical state of the device, but do tend to minimize searching through the tape storage slots. If the desired tape is in the current slot, it is likely the next tape needed is in the next slot rather than at some random position in the storage slots. See the amanda(8) man page for more details about Amanda. COMMANDS
reset Reset the tape changer to a known state. The current slot is set to the first slot. Other device-specific side effects may occur. Some gravity stackers need to be reset to the top position by hand. This command notifies Amanda the stacker is back in that posi- tion. eject If a tape is loaded in the drive, it is ejected and returned to the slot from which it was loaded. clean If a cleaning tape is defined for the changer, it is used to clean the drive. show Show the contents of all slots. This can be slow. label label Search for and load the Amanda tape with label label. taper Perform the taper scan algorithm. Load the next tape in the configuration's tape sequence, or a fresh tape with a suitable label. device Display the name of the current tape device on stdout. current Display the current slot. update Update the changer label database, if it has one, to match the tapes now available. slot slot Eject any tape in the drive and put it away, then load the tape from slot slot and reset current. slot current Eject any tape in the drive and put it away, then load the tape from the current slot. slot prev Eject any tape in the drive and put it away, then load the tape from the previous slot and reset current. slot next Eject any tape in the drive and put it away, then load the tape from the next slot and reset current. slot first Eject any tape in the drive and put it away, then load the tape from the first slot and reset current. slot last Eject any tape in the drive and put it away, then load the tape from the last slot and reset current. slot advance Eject any tape in the drive and put it away. Advance current to the next tape, but do not load it. This is useful with non-gravity stackers to unload the last tape used and set up Amanda for the next run. If you just use eject, the current tape will be mounted again in the next run, where it will be rejected as being still in use, ejected and the next tape requested. Using slot next followed by eject does an unnecessary mount. Note: most changers optimize the slot commands to not eject the loaded tape if it is the one being requested. AUTHOR
James da Silva <jds@cs.umd.edu> University of Maryland, College Park SEE ALSO
amanda(8) AMTAPE(8)